Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : LG : LG GD910 Unboxing Pictures & Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > LG > LG GD910 Unboxing Pictures & Review Bookmark topic
Plemix.com Posts: 138

LG has just released Chocolate (Link) with a 4-inch 21:9 HD LCD to capitalize the big screen phone fever. Its new offering GD910 (Yes no nick for it, just the nerdy android-ish designation.) is aiming for the minimal size, for a very good reason. LG GD910 is a childhood fantasy-come-true (This is Luke Skywaler calling R2-D2!). It's a wristwatch cellphone. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but technology can always find its way to stun and surprise.

Inside the could-be-Star-Wars-looking box we find the phone/the watch, a charger, a data cable, a bluetooth headset, a dock, CD-ROM and a user's guide.

The phone is equipped with a 1.43-inch TFT touchscreen. It may sound tiny for a phone, but for a wristwatch it is slightly bulky. However, who could blame it when it has packed a touchscreen, video calling, 3G, voice command and camera in a wearable unit of accessary, like a wristwatch? Texting on a display as small as the 1.43-incher tho is not a walk in the park.

On the right side of the watch lie three navigation keys- the call/menu key, the cancel/back key and the end call key.

The build of the watch is gorgeous. The stainless steel finish of the body and buckle is worthy of every penny that you invest.

Once again, LG prove it's mastery in design by paying attention to details. The interwoven leather strap has so much of a high-end feeling to it.

You will find the SIM card compartment underneath the firmly locked cover. Battery exchange, unlike a conventional cellphone, cannot be done by you. The inability to expand the memory is not really a big problem as it has 2GB internal memory on board.

The phonology of the phone is pretty good and you do not have to literally kiss your wrist to get crystal clear sound. If you still find talking to your wrist a bit dotty, the Bluetooth headset will help you with the embarrassing moments.

The Bluetooth headset is not a joke. It has the same expensive touch as the watchphone.

GD910 has the Flash UI that LG Prada and Viewty have. It works fine but there is some lagging at times. If you flip up and down, you'd get to switch between different dials.

To swing from left to right, you can browse through a series of standby screens and the calendar which works very well as an organizer.

I have always been doubling my phone as a time indicator, but to double my watch as a mobile, that's the first. The watch/phone duplex is still the highlight of the phone. It works very well on both criteria. If you expect it to be a camera, media player, radio and GPS, you may want to check out something else.

--
Posted: 2009-12-03 09:34:21
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

thanks!

that still looks like a smart bit of kit but considering there are plenty of watch phones available for around £100-£150 these days, I'm not sure people are going to pay the £500 for this, let alone the £900+ that Expansys want!
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 09:49:50

Rookwise Posts: > 500

I not tried the phone/watch itself but I have owned the bluetooth headset that comes with it a few months back. Its quite a good one and kinda retro looking with its long mic.
--
Posted: 2009-12-03 14:22:00

floatlite Posts: 486

I have one, and I have to say it's possibly the most geeky think I've bought in a while and certainly brings out the 8 year old in you.

The sound and quality is also first rate.

David
--
Posted: 2009-12-05 16:28:01

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home