Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : Sony Ericsson Xperia Pureness Unboxing Pictures & Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > Sony Ericsson Xperia Pureness Unboxing Pictures & Review Bookmark topic
Page <  123

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I cannot understand how this costs so much what is so expensive about it except that see through screen. wasting money hardly anyone will buy it & only people with more money than sense
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-12-22 16:38 ]

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 17:17:00
Edit : Quote

mode Posts: > 500

@Boinng
You're criticizing in ignorance if you're thinking it doesn't support media (particularly video playback) and web browsing. The experience may be modest, but the bare essentials are nevertheless there

@Bonovox
You absolutely nailed it with your last point. You seem to understand the strategy despite claiming that you don't
[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2009-12-22 16:39 ]

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 17:28:19

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Well I do understand what target market its for cos Nokia do the same with 8800 range. But I can't see many people buying this even if they want a basic phone cos its not only expensive for a basic phone but even I think people with money will go for something more flashy that can do more & has a colour screen.
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 17:41:14

anonymuser Posts: > 500

On 2009-12-22 17:28:19, mode wrote:
@Boinng
You're criticizing in ignorance if you're thinking it doesn't support media (particularly video playback) and web browsing. The experience may be modest, but the bare essentials are nevertheless there

But in truth it doesn't support them - they're possible, because underneath the "concept" it's just the same old A200 platform in an otherwise unremarkable form factor, but they stink, because the hardware design doesn't really support what the software is trying to do. The "xperiance" is notably poor, second rate, sub-standard by anyone's reckoning. Was that really the intended aim of this £600 phone?

What most irks me about it is the fact that the "concept" and the hardware design are so clearly two different things - not married together at all. Which came first do you think, the idea of a retro-phone that concentrates on talk and text, or the "zany" idea of a translucent display that's not really that readable even for text, let alone media? If it was genuinely about the former, why not go for an e-ink display that really would have been unique, and actually offered a real advantage to the dedicated texter? Did the "concept" demand an LCD display with the reflective backing removed, or was that just the unit price?
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 17:41:28

@Boinng
It does say in Plemix's review that it plays audio and video, can't be bothered to quote though since i'm too lazy to reply this on my notebook. And I have seen an image of the netfront browser being used on its screen, very cool actually. It's an evening phone obviously. But I do somewhat agree with you that the 'concept' seems to be a bit of an afterthought which had been nagging me subconciously. But at the end of the day I do love what came out of it
[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2009-12-22 17:08 ]

--
Posted: 2009-12-22 18:04:21

goldenface Posts: > 500

That's how much a concierge costs these days? Could I ring up for fish n chips? :)

This message was posted from a C905
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 18:06:28

Dups! Posts: > 500

@Boinng

What's your take on Vertu or the Motorola swivel phone (forgot its name) that costs just over £1000?

Other than the materials what is so special about them?

You say the translucent screen has been used in calculators but has it been used in any phone? That's what sets this phone apart from any phone out there and that's what the rich or well off people will be buying into on top of the no fuss, non smartphone A200 os. That is also what SE is aiming at, the exclusivity label attached to this phone.

It may seem fickle but those that buy it will not think so.

I think it looks beautiful, but then, that just me.
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 18:08:46

On 2009-12-22 18:06:28, goldenface wrote:
That's how much a concierge costs these days? Could I ring up for fish n chips?

This message was posted from a C905

Actually, from what I know, yes you can
--
Posted: 2009-12-22 18:12:27

carkitter Posts: > 500

Boinng was right; this phone failed as an effective fashion statement.
The design probably would have worked better had it been taller, thinner and wider like a modern smartphone. Considering the lack of features inside, there was no obvious reason for the phone to have such brick-like proportions. The most obvious omission in my view is a touchpad. Those hideous keys look like the remnants of a 1980's Alfa Romeo dashboard and the type face is standard SE font - it should have been a custom font or better still, a user selectable one. This phone really shows no discernible trace of value for its ₤600 price.
--
Posted: 2011-05-19 12:32:56
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home