Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : LG : LG GD580 Lollipop Unboxing Pictures & Review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > LG > LG GD580 Lollipop Unboxing Pictures & Review Bookmark topic
Plemix.com Posts: 138

I am always impressed with the marketability of LG’s phone. You can tell right away who LG GD580 is targeting at. From its name “Lollipop” to the dynamic and colorful finish to flashy LED icons; LG GD580 is a demonstration of youthful spirit from head to toe. It can be thought as LG’s answer to Samsung’s tasty Croby. Can Lollipop satisfy our appetite for a fantastic phone or is it just some artificial sweetener that looks better than it actually is?

The phone is wrapped among a battery, a charger, a data cable, a handsfree, a CD ROM and a user’s guide.

The design of the clamshell phone is class. The rather simplistic cover is embellished with LED lighting. It is slim (13.4mm) and light (103.5g) for a flipphone. The phone can absolutely be a perfect piece of accessory.

You have got a 2.8” screen with 240x400 pixel resolution. There is a 1.3MP camera on the inside for you to video-call your buddies.

I am always a fan of flipphone not only because the phone screen is more protected, flip phone allows more room for a spacious keyboard.

The square buttons you see here is the volume rocker. You have eachHere lies the handsfree/cable portal. I am still bothered with the fact that it has no 3.5mm jack. on either side and you also find the data transfer portal here on the left side.

The camera is good one for social occasions. Its wide-screen capability and self-timer is perfect for a party group photo. You have a series of photo-editing tool to fit your creative persona. I am also pleased with the auto sensor that mutes the phone as you reverse it when it rings.

You can access the MicroSD and SIM card slot only when you remove the battery cover. That’s the price to pay when you have such slimness.

Like Corby, you have got really cute theme to match the phone’s youthful character. (Perhaps a little too cute for macho men, but I am sure the cheerleader girlfriends would like them!)

We first encountered the customizable LED front light in LG’s KF350 Ice Cream. However, that of Lollipop is stronger and better. You can choose different flashing patterns for different situations. The illuminated area is bigger to allow more creative outputs.

Other than choosing from the 12 preset icons. You can design your own logos and short motto. I do think it’s interesting.

Other than looking glamorous and catchy, LG Lollipop is a practical phone. It has HSDPA connection which is missing from Samsung Corby, Google Package, video calling, Bluetooth 2.0 and FM tuner. If you are young at heart and want a phone to match your uplifting personality. LG Lollipop will not let you down.
--
Posted: 2010-01-07 06:15:49
Edit : Quote

driftmania Posts: > 500

Looks like LG was inspired by the W980.
[ This Message was edited by: driftmania on 2010-01-07 08:13 ]

--
Posted: 2010-01-07 09:12:46

QuietCourage Posts: 1

Where did you buy this phone? And which carrier provides service for it? Thanks in advance.
--
Posted: 2010-03-23 02:25:35

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Nasty horrible disgusting phone. I also cannot stand clamshells. Oh well. Not a nice tasting lollipop.
--
Posted: 2010-03-23 02:32:00

kinley Posts: 2

The mobile phone market is the fastest growing market with the companies bringing out the latest phones almost everyday to compete with each other. The LG phones have their own share of market. But they need to spice up their phones to stand up to the other competitors and to woo the younger generation who are the most phone crazy buyers. The latest phone from LG is the stylish and attractive “Lollipop” loaded with some of the best features. The name itself gives us an urge to at least check out the phone. Nowadays the phone has become an essential part of the personality quotient.
instrumental music
[ This Message was edited by: kinley on 2010-12-09 03:14 ]

--
Posted: 2010-11-27 08:32:12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home