Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Orange pulls n97 mini due to faults
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Orange pulls n97 mini due to faults Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Nokia need to go back to the drawing board and they need to be careful that this does not ruin their reputation like what happened to Sony Ericsson.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:31:00
Edit : Quote

number1 Posts: > 500

Nokia are aware of the issues they have a support forum on there main site, they just choose to ignore every1 and all the problems, there are loads of threads on the n97 booting issues dating back to november last year this is a serious problem still nothing has been done about it and every1 ignored.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:34:38

Pointless forum then. Do Sony Ericsson have one on their site i never noticed? Hardly ever hear of any other manufacturer pulling their phones from sale just Nokia and Sony Ericsson.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:39:00

goldenface Posts: > 500

Don't most Nokia phones require a few updates in order to iron out the bugs? That's just the nature of the beast.

This to me is just the operators no longer being prepared to put up with buggy phones any more and I don't blame them.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:46:16

snoFlake Posts: 119

Second try
eah noted this yest. posting about X2 drop by Voda

Well not much changed on N97 so yeah it came out with newest firmware that is better than complete farce N97 "classic" launched with (only took them 5 months to get it semi right) still waiting for another firmware to tidy up bugs at the moment 6+months after release (N97) and 13months after announcement. But N97mini was compromised by 1. Nokia's meaness and 2. Trying to not compromise the alledged flagsip product N97 Classic.

So although it had twice the ammount of C: (a tacit admission of the ridiculousness of the decision on the N97) which at least allowed some programmes to be installed without having to put everything on E:mass mem and worrying about browser cache and messaging running C: down to -10mb however so as not to make N97 look stupid RAM was left unchanged and is not sufficient to cope with OS/screen real estate demands on SF^2 (which they're kinda running). Even tho lot's of things like transitions were quietly dropped it still can't really handle active homescreen so widgets don't really work or multitask much more than simple core apps without out of memory issues appearing (which tends to irritate/dismay normal users). For example downloaded game from Nokia this morning "Climate Mission" which when fired up kills off Nokia Messaging and Nimbuzz which were running as background processes. Even so most games aren't any good becasue no GPU limited RAM and last defect; the N97's proccy. Useless 2007/08 era 434 mhz processor which isn't up to running SF^2 OS tasks and casues the touchscreen to be even more unresponsive than it really is in my opinion when in reality it's the proccy crawling. Not very helpful for an OS that isn't very friendly to use to start with.

So bad is the N97 that it seems Nokia haven't taken it to CES (embarrassment maybe or sense) and instead are demoing it's "junior" (tho much better) sibling the mini and the N900 (a great device but not ready at all in my view for broad consumer market) as flagship which I guess has been chucked in to fill gap left by uselessness of N97 which it looks like they're quietly sweeping under the carpet.

All in all a pair of lemons and looks like Nokia is racing SE to try and blow off both their feet - remarkable. Watching the former #1 and #3 (I think) hand over the market to newcomers in slow motion and on a silver platter is quite some sight and very generous of them .

--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:46:18

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Number1
There is an upcoming FW for the N97 due out any day now,maybe that will fix the issue.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:49:42

The n97 should have never got in the shops, not even with the current firmware, it's still no good to any1, i can't belive big companies like this have NO quality control, all they've got to do is use there phone for a week.
We moan about se's having issues but atleast i never had to reset any of my se's at least 1 once a week and restore everything manually, also se compaired to nokia were quick with firmware updates to fix major issues and the new firmware did actually fix the issues.
[ This Message was edited by: number1 on 2010-01-08 12:52 ]

--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:50:03

But if Carphone are saying they are not having many returns then it could be an Orange firmware issue? Has any other network got this phone?

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-01-08 12:55 ]
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:52:00

This made me laugh http://discussions.nokia.ie/d[....]d.id=hardware&message.id=17331
seems the n97 mini has excatly the same boot problem as the nokia n97 32gb this means all firmwares are affected branded or not my n97 is unbraned and on V20 and has this issue, once again the issue has been reported on there own forum and completly ignored.
[ This Message was edited by: number1 on 2010-01-08 13:00 ]

--
Posted: 2010-01-08 13:58:27

What faith and confidence can consumers have in a company you spend a large amount of money on their products but they can't help you when you have problems. Shocking.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-01-08 13:02 ]
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 14:01:00
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home