Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : What is the latest Xperia X2 firmware
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > What is the latest Xperia X2 firmware Bookmark topic
Page1234>

iopy Posts: 37

I recently updated my X2, and now I got this FW: R1AA097
The phone is much quicker now, but what's strange is that my last FW was R3A...(somting)
Can X2 owners please post their FW-versions here?
--
Posted: 2010-02-12 16:52:37
Edit : Quote

laffen Posts: > 500

I have R1AA094. This is an old model from late November. Never updated
--
Posted: 2010-02-12 17:15:39

bob2k4 Posts: 98

R1AA097 here
--
Posted: 2010-02-14 15:12:02

TimeKiller Posts: 46

R1AA097 is mine as well.
By the way - can anyone explain how do you update firmware ? I didn't find such function in the menu so far (obviously I am new to smartphones at all)
--
Posted: 2010-02-15 13:11:16

bob2k4 Posts: 98

On 2010-02-15 13:11:16, TimeKiller wrote:
R1AA097 is mine as well.
By the way - can anyone explain how do you update firmware ? I didn't find such function in the menu so far (obviously I am new to smartphones at all)

In order to update the firmware you have to head over to http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]teservice/xperiax2?cc=gb&lc=en
Here you will find the Sony Ericsson Update software, simply run the program after installation and it will check if your phone is up to date, and if there is a newer firmware version then it will install it. However at the moment R1AA097 is the most recent version, we should have a new one some time in March
--
Posted: 2010-02-15 14:16:16

TimeKiller Posts: 46

@bob2k4 - Thanks a lot !
--
Posted: 2010-02-15 16:34:03

rene Posts: 125

I talked yesterday with the SE Xperia support, and they said that there will be come an major update during this week (week 7).

I really hope that this update fill fix all of the annoying issues i have stumbled into!
* Sloooooooow device
* Daily freezig/crashing of windows
* Sound profiles (i have not found anything that would let me select different sound-options)
* An alarmclock that would be useful for waking up in the morning!! This crap that's now there is not worth shit.. It's too silent to hear, it has no snooze options and it apparently crashes my phone too...
* etc. etc. (i have not made a list, but i find constantly new issues...)

The phone in itself (physical layout, keyborad etc.) is great! I can't complain! It's just what i have been looking for. What i honestly don't understand is that how could someone be so stupid to decide to put windows in a mobile phone??!! That's one of the most idiotic decision ever made by anyone.. I would have thought that that people are used to crashing windows-desktops, but adding that feature to a mobile phone was pure dumbness!

I really hope that this update will bring some peace into my life. If not, then I hope that there would be a some sort of community that we could tie together in porting Google Andrdoid to the Sony Ericsson Experia X2!
--
Posted: 2010-02-16 10:36:18

Well, my device isn't that slow. It's faster then my X1 in many situations. Almost no crashes any more. My alarm clock is loud and it has an snooze function. Just lock your device and you got the snooze option. Set the alarm to max, and it would be loud.
--
Posted: 2010-02-16 15:57:54

rene Posts: 125

On 2010-02-16 15:57:54, iopy wrote:
Well, my device isn't that slow. It's faster then my X1 in many situations. Almost no crashes any more. My alarm clock is loud and it has an snooze function. Just lock your device and you got the snooze option. Set the alarm to max, and it would be loud.

I wonder where i can set the alarm-volume to max..? I found just two volume-levels: for the earpiece, and the other one as ringing-volume (there are two sliders next to each other). I want to set the ringing-volume on minimum, but the alarm volume to maximum.. For me this seems to be a limitation in Windows.....
--
Posted: 2010-02-17 11:13:52

My mistake. I've got the spb time installed, and there you can adjust the alarm volume. But the snooze function should work without the spb time instlled.
--
Posted: 2010-02-17 12:04:57
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home