Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010] Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 121314>

doministry Posts: > 500

@rene

Just pick a device you like.

Your profile problem is hilarious I'd say.
I've never had any problem with making my phone do what I want.
Sound, silent, vibrate, no sounds and vibra at all....
It's all available on one click.

Learn the OS and it's capabilities
or buy something else and be happy.
--
Posted: 2010-02-21 02:31:08
Edit : Quote

rene Posts: 125

@TimeKiller I hate the ifone. I don't want a phone without a keyboard. For my work, i need to keep up with my emails, reply to them etc. so I need/want a qwerty-keyboard. I don't like the HTC-designs of their phones, so HTC is not an option. I never liked Nokia, so even that is not an option... The design of the X2 is exactly what i want, that's why i picked this phone.

@doministry I don't understand why you think that profiles are hilarious.. Starting to use a phone without profiles is like removing the "programs" menu in windows: You have to browse down to the directory where your app is, and start it from there..

With the profiles i would like to control all sounds each profile could have, so that i can lilmit for example what warning-sound from the apps don't beep unnessesary when they bump into problems. I don't want these sounds in a meeting. There i just wamt a short beep for a SMS or an incoming call. To accomplish this, i have to wade through loads of settings, and that takes time!

My point in starting this thread is what i feel that is limiting the windows experience...

Still hoping for an alternative OS into this nice piece of phone!
--
Posted: 2010-02-21 10:06:05

@rene

I get your point, I just don't have so many sound alert requirements regarding the device,
I mean theres's so much I can do that the profile problem is like non existent.

I use all 3 options (sound + vibra, vibra, no sound + vibra).

And that is enough. Never wanted more....

I meant hilarious because in the light of WM capabilities,
concentrating on profiles looked like a strange thing,
like it's a main thing you require from the device to do.....
--
Posted: 2010-02-21 14:08:44

On 2010-02-21 14:08:44, doministry wrote:
I get your point, I just don't have so many sound alert requirements regarding the device,
I mean theres's so much I can do that the profile problem is like non existent.

like it's a main thing you require from the device to do.....

Well, it depends if your work requires you to be on meetings and appointments. This IS a business-model phone, if i got it right...? With this in mind, i would require this kind of feature... Also a timed profile that would automatically change the profile when a meeting begins, or when I'm not working. Having a silent profile for a specific group (eg. work-related numbers) when you're on vacation, or having your free time should these days be a standard feature for modern mobile phones...

If there is some kind of app that handles such things, then i apology for not having found it already... All apps i have found til now have actualy nothing to do with enhancing the functionality of the phone, they are just everything else...
[ This Message was edited by: rene on 2010-02-21 21:28 ]

--
Posted: 2010-02-21 22:25:38

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

I use my device primarily for work email and as a phone. I use touchscreen devices only, once you get use to it you will be typing just as fast as a hardware qwerty. Both htc hd2 and iphone are excellent in my experience.

As for profiles, winmo has basic settings but there is an automatic profile that turns to silent during meetings.

Also, never buy a winmo device with less than 1ghz processor and plenty of RAM!
--
Posted: 2010-02-21 23:38:23

On 2010-02-21 23:38:23, londonlad123 wrote:
I use my device primarily for work email and as a phone. I use touchscreen devices only, once you get use to it you will be typing just as fast as a hardware qwerty. Both htc hd2 and iphone are excellent in my experience.

Well, that's again what you prefer.. To write long emails, manage documents etc., i could not imagine that i would be tapping a flat screen fast enought. With a full hw-qwerty keyboard, things is completely different..

As for profiles, winmo has basic settings but there is an automatic profile that turns to silent during meetings.

Sounds promisint! Where do i find this?

Also, never buy a winmo device with less than 1ghz processor and plenty of RAM!

Sadly, here we have again the problem with more or less everything microsoft produces.. Always get the best hardware available.. This is in my opinion again complete madness..
--
Posted: 2010-02-23 12:12:28

Mr486 Posts: 40

I have my X2 connected to our office Exchangeservers and therefore have an extra security password on startup in addition to the PIN code. When starting up the phone on battery only (99% of the cases) it idles during the orange windwos screen and never reaches the PIN/Security code screen! (It goes completely to sleep in the middle of the boot process) This means that if I do not tap the screen every five seconds for 2 minutes the phone never starts - and if i tap where the keyboard later will appear it remote wipes

What settings should i change to guarantee the phone to start without my continous interaction - this is driving me crazy!

--
Posted: 2010-02-27 19:36:21

amdx2 Posts: 38

i found the x2 annoying is when the ringing sound is not loud enough.. and can't change the msg sound.. sorry i'm new to winmo so if i'm wrong about something please correct me as i'm learning how to use.. and so far so good.. only thing i found not very stable is the wifi when turning it off and on can crash the OS..
--
Posted: 2010-03-01 03:04:14

http://xperiancers.com/2010/0[....]at-www-sonyericsson-comupdate/

I wanted to share that we have posted an X2 application update on the regular Sony Ericsson Update site at http://www.sonyericsson.com/update – this is not the full MR1 software release I mentioned in a previous post but a .cab file that will add stability and improved performance throughout the device. The .cab provides updates to many applications inside X2, several are behind the scenes but make sure to check out the new and improved four-tab dialer.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/update/x2?cc=gb&lc=en
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-03-01 03:06 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-01 04:02:18

prodjsxb Posts: > 500

Has anyone figured out how to get the accelerometer to work with software/games that will work on other WinMo 6.5 devices?

The fact that I can only use SE games with this feature is BLOODY STUPID! WTF SE? What crack smoking idiot made that decision at SE? Fix it! SE advertised "Motion Gaming" as a feature, but I don't see any fine print saying that it will only work SE branded games.
--
Posted: 2010-03-28 22:53:16
Page <  123, ... 121314>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home