Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010] Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... , 121314>

ingenus Posts: 69

Rene, how's the prerelease update working? Still having SOD's?
--
Posted: 2010-05-02 20:20:19
Edit : Quote

TimeKiller Posts: 46

@ Rene - can you please check and advise back in your Bluetooth settings\\profiles if they have (with MR2) support for Bluetooth rSAP (or SAP) - remote SIM access profile. Without this the phone can't pair with all modern build in car kits and this is essential issue for me...
--
Posted: 2010-05-03 12:44:59

rene Posts: 125

@ingenus The phone has been really stable. Til now i have not needed to remove the battery at all. One problem i had again was with Opera 10. It does not exit cleanly, and it leaves an process running that you can't kill. This was before with MR1. Not sure if it's an opera-issue or winmo-issue or SE-issue..

@TimeKiller These are the proficles i found in settings/bluetooht/profiles:
A2DP
HSP
HFP 1.5
PAN
OPP
AVRCP
PBAP
SPP
SEWP
GAP
GAVDP
GOEP

So, it's not there.. What about PBAP, Phonebook Access Profile? Shouldn't that be what you are looking for?
--
Posted: 2010-05-03 14:35:33

@rene, can you check this one too please..was meant to be under this thread, but I misplaced it somehow
Strange contact sync bug/problem

--
Posted: 2010-05-03 16:34:28

@Rene - Thanks man! No, it's not there - so X2 is still useless piece of crap for me and for anyone else who drives a car newer then 2005 (regardless of which brand the car is)
PBAP is still neccesary but it doesn't pair without rSAP. All NOKIA-s have in natively, also HTC and many others.

I think that guy Aaron should be fired - how do they think to sell a phone to business users which can't pair with the cars ? Anyhow, it's a pitty as I liked the form factor - so my wife can keep it and I will keep her Nokia...
--
Posted: 2010-05-03 16:49:53

Check this page, some tips are gathered here to make phone way faster and more stable. You might find some useful solutions, until the MR2 comes out.
--
Posted: 2010-05-13 00:39:02

The page:

[Solution] Another tip to make your Xperia X2 lightspeed fast and stable!!
--
Posted: 2010-05-13 00:57:27

bob2k4 Posts: 98

On 2010-05-03 16:49:53, TimeKiller wrote:
@Rene - Thanks man! No, it's not there - so X2 is still useless piece of crap for me and for anyone else who drives a car newer then 2005 (regardless of which brand the car is)
PBAP is still neccesary but it doesn't pair without rSAP. All NOKIA-s have in natively, also HTC and many others.

I think that guy Aaron should be fired - how do they think to sell a phone to business users which can't pair with the cars ? Anyhow, it's a pitty as I liked the form factor - so my wife can keep it and I will keep her Nokia...

@TimeKiller
This isn't quite true, phonebook access profile should allow you to access the phonebook and I have no trouble at all pairing it with my Sony bluetooth kit which is part of a brand new Ford. Works like a charm
--
Posted: 2010-05-14 14:07:24

@bob2k4 - your brand new Ford is NOT using rSAP (remote SIM access). It pair with you phone as a regular Bluetooth hands free - mean that even when paired, all phone calls are still received and pass thru your phone. rSAP is complettely different story and brings all new functionality and user experience. Via rSAP (google it if you want to go to more technical details) your phone "borrow" his SIM card ID to the car, transfer phone book, SMS and sometimes e-mails to the car so you can see/use them on your car main display/navi etc... and then phone itself switch off his radio and goes in stand by mode. What's the difference ? To make calls you are using car's external antenna, car's amplifier, and build in car audio system - as a result you get MUCH BETTER reception even in areas where network coverage is not good and CRYSTAL CLEAR sound. This is included (since 2005) in All premium quality cars/models of All car manufacturers. As example for sure is included in my Mercedes C-class (who is even "lower end" compared with E and S-class models). It is also included in BMW, Audi, Toyota (premium quality models only), Lexus, Skoda, WV (premium models and as an option for low-end models. I don't know about Ford as it's not a popular brand in my country and there are very few Fords roling on the roads here.
--
Posted: 2010-05-17 10:32:32

bob2k4 Posts: 98

On 2010-05-17 10:32:32, TimeKiller wrote:
@bob2k4 - your brand new Ford is NOT using rSAP (remote SIM access). It pair with you phone as a regular Bluetooth hands free - mean that even when paired, all phone calls are still received and pass thru your phone. rSAP is complettely different story and brings all new functionality and user experience. Via rSAP (google it if you want to go to more technical details) your phone "borrow" his SIM card ID to the car, transfer phone book, SMS and sometimes e-mails to the car so you can see/use them on your car main display/navi etc... and then phone itself switch off his radio and goes in stand by mode. What's the difference ? To make calls you are using car's external antenna, car's amplifier, and build in car audio system - as a result you get MUCH BETTER reception even in areas where network coverage is not good and CRYSTAL CLEAR sound. This is included (since 2005) in All premium quality cars/models of All car manufacturers. As example for sure is included in my Mercedes C-class (who is even "lower end" compared with E and S-class models). It is also included in BMW, Audi, Toyota (premium quality models only), Lexus, Skoda, WV (premium models and as an option for low-end models. I don't know about Ford as it's not a popular brand in my country and there are very few Fords roling on the roads here.

Thanks for clarifying and apologies for misunderstanding
--
Posted: 2010-05-17 12:58:35
Page <  123 ... , 121314>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home