Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Symbian phones : Satio Poor GPS Signal?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio Poor GPS Signal? Bookmark topic
Page <  123456789>

altemyr Posts: > 500

the GPS in my Satio did not work at all after a fw update, but after a hard reset of the system, it's now working perfectly, and it starts up very quickly too.
--
Posted: 2010-03-12 21:18:02
Edit : Quote

gharknes1 Posts: 231

mine is working too, i think that option on the service menu will negate the need to do a factory reset, also maybe they fixed something in the fw update also...time will tell
--
Posted: 2010-03-12 21:25:12

DrewVL Posts: 238

On 2010-03-12 21:18:02, altemyr wrote:
the GPS in my Satio did not work at all after a fw update, but after a hard reset of the system, it's now working perfectly, and it starts up very quickly too.

Hi,

I never done any of the hard reset as my phone never (so far) have any issues like you guys desribe on here.. i guess im a one lucky owner haha
my question to you is after the hard reset does it wipe out the hacked apps or setting ? even the newly update firmware?

Cheers,
Drew
--
Posted: 2010-03-13 01:32:52

mikely_28 Posts: 466

Man, with new FW the GPS works perfectly. I use Sygic and it shows speed exact as it is in car. Yesterday I drove over 700 km with it and it's perfect!
--
Posted: 2010-03-14 19:57:12

DrewVL Posts: 238

Can anyone confirm if doing hard reset will it wipe out apps and set back to factory setting as "fresh"? my gps working perfect but i just want to know the info well incase i ever needed to do one in the future

Thanks
Drew
--
Posted: 2010-03-15 03:43:56

cableguy Posts: > 500

Just go into the Service Menu, and in Service Tests, GPS, Purge assistance data.
Before I did that I could hardly ever get a GPS fix inside my car while moving, and after doing the above it works better now.
--
Posted: 2010-03-15 11:56:58

pmet Posts: 38

Ok guys. I've hacked my phone (hardware) and gave the GPS antenna a super boost. The coverage is now much better in that it catches full reception (10 satellites) in matter of 5-10mins without activating Network/AGPS. At first, I was a little hesitant but the lousy signals put me off again and again so I had little choice but to disassemble the phone and power in a super self-made antenna.

For those who reported a great improvement in the new FW, have you been using the same settings and nav app? For example, these are the items which must be kept exactly the same for your report to be credible:

Before and after the FW update, these conditions must be true:
1. Previous FW is the second latest one
2. AGPS turned off (or network GPS off)
3. Must be using phone's internal GPS antenna
4. Same nav app version (nav software) and same map data
5. Timed from a cold boot (> 6hrs since the last use of GPS)
6. Phone must be fully charged
7. Weather must be clear
8. Path/route taken must be the same

I'll report back when I can confirm mine is working better without the new FW.

P.S. I'm still on the second latest FW.
[ This Message was edited by: pmet on 2010-03-16 01:57 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-16 02:56:49

cableguy Posts: > 500

After doing the update and Purging assistance data. My GPS works great,it even picks up satellites inside my home.
It was never able to do that before.
--
Posted: 2010-03-16 10:17:15

Pakzal Posts: 39

The crappy GPS really annoys me. A few weeks ago when I was abroad, the gps decided to stop working...
It couldn't get a fix, even the a-gps didnt work (didnt connect, while internet was working, roaming was allowed).

A full reset didn't seem to work for my Satio.
What I did was clear the gps data, there is an option somewhere in the service menu.
[ This Message was edited by: Pakzal on 2010-03-16 09:41 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-16 10:37:57

pmet Posts: 38

On 2010-03-16 10:17:15, cableguy wrote:
After doing the update and Purging assistance data. My GPS works great,it even picks up satellites inside my home.
It was never able to do that before.

were you using agps? and what nav app?
--
Posted: 2010-03-17 02:01:36
Page <  123456789>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home