Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : The inbuilt media player with playlists
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > The inbuilt media player with playlists Bookmark topic
log Posts: 64

I found se's other music player in the phone but cant shortcut to it to use it easily.

Im using the file manager by nalic (green and blue pie chart icon).
Navigate to system/media/audio/ringtones (ogg) and play one, a different player called music opens to play it, now leave the file playing and pull down the notification tray and touch the play icon, then press the left menu key, then library button and you are in.

Now this player will be listed in the recently used app list (hold middle button) until it gets moved off the list by opening more than 6 more apps without opening it again to bring it to the front of the list.

I like this one better than mediascape as its less cluttered and straightforward and you can create playlists which are drag and drop editable and show up in mediascape.

It would be nice to get to it easier though.

There is also a video player and picture viewer but they are very simple with few options.

Im playing with a tool called tasker h**p://tasker.dinglisch.net to try to get a shortcut on the phone but Im still trying to figure it out.

--
Posted: 2010-04-16 10:06:23
Edit : Quote

drad Posts: 137

it appears to be the native android music player (com.android.music). it's visible both in Setup/Applications and in my Astro file manager. But I couldn't seem to access it directly using your method; when it's running and I pull down the notification bar, tapping the play icon just sends me back to the player and, then, it never appears in the recently used app list.

But I did manage to find another way in: After syncing my phone with SE Media Sync (for the Mac) I went into the file manager in sdcard/music/media sync found the synced music files and played it from there. accessed the native music player, which seems better in a lot of ways than mediascape because I can pick an album or playlist to play. now, it shows up in recently used apps.

but is there a way to get the icon to show up on the main display?
[ This Message was edited by: drad on 2010-04-17 21:35 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-17 22:05:37

After tapping play icon and going back to player you must then press left hw button then library button on menu.

Im still working on the shortcut.
[ This Message was edited by: log on 2010-04-17 21:44 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-17 22:42:11

Let us know if you figure it out.

In the meantime, I do think that mediascape is actually just a different UI that runs over the native Android app.
--
Posted: 2010-04-18 05:58:35

On 2010-04-18 05:58:35, drad wrote:
Let us know if you figure it out.

In the meantime, I do think that mediascape is actually just a different UI that runs over the native Android app.

Ive figured it out using the beta tasker @ Dinglisch (not sure exactly how I did it though) and now have a shortcut on the desktop and you can have two music files playing at the same time, one through mediascape and one through music, so if its a standalone app... ????
[ This Message was edited by: log on 2010-04-18 18:13 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-18 19:10:09

. . . then it would seem not.
--
Posted: 2010-04-18 21:27:18

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home