Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : X2 language change
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X2 language change Bookmark topic
merwyn Posts: 64

I bought the device (GENERIC_MEA) in Saudi Arabia. It has a bilingual (Arabic & English) keyboard. The store clerk had said that the device supports both Arabic and English, with Arabic set as default. As I cannot read Arabic well, I changed the language in the Regional settings and the menus changed to English. However the phone application, the camera application and the Windows Media Player still have Arabic menus.

A quick online search indicates that the default language cannot be changed, but then why some English and some Arabic menus? I contacted Sony Ericsson and was told that the Middle East has separate English and Arabic devices (though I couldn't find any pure English device) and further queries were ignored.

I've found a solution to the phone issue. By disabling the phone skin in the registry, the dialer changes to the default Windows one with English menus, which I am happy with.

In case of the media player, I can use third party software.

I haven't found a solution for the camera menus. If anyone has a solution or workaround, please let me know.

Merwyn
--
Posted: 2010-04-16 16:52:44
Edit : Quote

SALMANOV Posts: 1

Dear merwyn

I bought my x2 from Saudi Arabia and I’m Saudi by the way but I hate dealing with Arabic language in my phone I was shock that my phone can be change to English except the dialer camera and wm , today I update it from sonyericsson update service and when its start in Arabic I got disappointed I thought the same problem will remaining but when I go to system setting and click on multi language support to change it to English with Arabic enabled , I notice that everything including the dialer and the camera with wm changed to English and the video call have been added , man finally I love my X2 ,

--
Posted: 2010-04-26 01:53:06

merwyn Posts: 64

Alf shukran. What about the Media Player? Does this too have English menus?
--
Posted: 2010-04-26 11:28:43

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home