Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Possible solution for X2 users having problems with installing SPB 3.5 after MR1
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Possible solution for X2 users having problems with installing SPB 3.5 after MR1 Bookmark topic
prodjsxb Posts: > 500

Many people including myself were unable to install SPB shell 3.5 after upgrading to MR1. One of the reasons I wanted 3.5 is so that I could install "MobileSense". Lets face it, the interfaces available in the X2 leave a lot to be desired.

I finally successfully managed to get it installed and working using this method.

I had read this suggestion to help speed up the device -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=663093

I decided that maybe if I did a full device clean using SKtools then maybe the update will go well without any residual garbage causing problems.

This is what I did.

(1) I Ran SKtools and performed a complete clean up.
(2) Re installed MR1 using SEUS and waited for it to finish to a factory fresh install.
(3) I Removed panels I didn't want but left SPB 3.0 there.
Installed 3.5 and let it remove 3.0. When complete, shut down and restarted again.
(4) Installed MobileSense and restarted again.

It worked! After this I installed SKtools and Advanced Configuration Tool again and then cleaned and optimized my performance settings.

So far it is running very well, but we will see if it does that black screen stall. I am almost sure it will do that anyways ... but so long as I have SPB 3.5 running now, I am happy.
--
Posted: 2010-04-17 20:27:14
Edit : Quote

rene Posts: 125

(1) I Ran SKtools and performed a complete clean up.
(2) Re installed MR1 using SEUS and waited for it to finish to a factory fresh install.
(3) I Removed panels I didn't want but left SPB 3.0 there.
Installed 3.5 and let it remove 3.0. When complete, shut down and restarted again.
(4) Installed MobileSense and restarted again.

It worked! After this I installed SKtools and Advanced Configuration Tool again and then cleaned and optimized my performance settings.

I don't think that running SKtools before re-installing MR1 is doing any sense.. MR1 is most likely is a new image that replaces completely your phones filesystem. I guess that running the tools AFTER installation would make more sense...
--
Posted: 2010-04-18 11:54:14

That's what I thought at first too, but SPB 3.5 never worked until I performed a clean before re-updating to MR1 this time. So there must be something left over that the new ROM does not fix. I am starting to have my doubts if it is actually a clean install like what we were able to do with the X1.

Either way, it works now

The phone is running pretty good so far, no stall yet and no connection loss to the SD card yet either.

Observing how the MR1 upgrade installs, it is almost like it patches different parts of the OS one at a time. It takes sooo long! When I reflashed the entire ROM on the X1 it took maybe 10-15 minutes if that. Does that make sense?
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-18 11:56 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-18 12:45:40

doministry Posts: > 500

It's basically because most of the problems come from
TileWave Panel.
And sometimes TileWave.

I don't use TileWave and I'm completely free from any freezes.

SPB is horrible for me, so I save a lot of space on my X2
--
Posted: 2010-04-18 13:27:50

I gotta say, not a single crash today!!!

SPB 3.5 is running very well. Memory card glitch hasn't showed it's ugly face either.

I sure hope that the worst is over now and I can use it daily without issues until MR2 comes.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-19 09:19 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-19 00:03:45

kronos12 Posts: 72

so,my question is you download SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3 from their home site and install in phone? does it remove old version?
--
Posted: 2010-04-19 01:14:08

Yes it does and you will have to register it as well.

Today teh device will be in my side holsetr for the entire day as I am out and about doing work and so on.
I will check it every so often.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-19 09:20 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-19 10:18:40

rene Posts: 125

Ok guys.. This sounds to me that i have to go with your idea! It would be great if that really would work on my device!

...now that i have calmed down a bit after my SD-card corruption, and loss of about 2,5 Gb of files...!
--
Posted: 2010-04-19 10:23:49

kronos12 Posts: 72

On 2010-04-19 10:18:40, prodjsxb wrote:
Yes it does and you will have to register it as well.

Today teh device will be in my side holsetr for the entire day as I am out and about doing work and so on.
I will check it every so often.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-19 09:20 ]

hmm ..now l have to find serial or cracked version of sbp..and just found it..

Tell me have u uninstall any app from mem card(l have installed apps on mem card)did u format mem card? or just simple update again reinstall mr1 over seus?
[ This Message was edited by: kronos12 on 2010-04-19 13:21 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-19 12:15:04

Nope, left my apps and settings the way they were on the memory card. You will have to re install the software so that the registry on the device "knows" they exist.

I updated over SEUS as normal.

But anyways, update from today! The device did stall once today when in the holster. Happened when I was driving somewhere. Otherwise no other stalls and the memory card has not corrupted yet either.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-19 21:48 ]

--
Posted: 2010-04-19 22:48:12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home