Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : MR2 Update bugs, fixes, mods etc.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > MR2 Update bugs, fixes, mods etc. Bookmark topic
Page123>

prodjsxb Posts: > 500

This thread is for those of you who have already got the MR2 update and would like to report any bugs, features etc. This thread will make it easier to follow up and find any similarities. Also to find fixes faster then digging through different threads.

Please DO NOT post "Oh I haven't gotten this patch yet","WTF it's not up yet","Installing it now" etc...

Please post anything you have noticed or would like to share about MR2 here.

I have the Swedish version of MR2, these are my observations.

(1) I noticed as well that when the device is waking up, the SD Card takes a second or 2 to show up. I am sure this has to do with power management. Now this causes a slight delay when you wake up the device and can be annoying if you are like me and want "Instant response". I stated already in another thread that I had applied the "SD Card Fix" that was created for MR1. Now there is no delay and thats the way I like it, the power consumption difference is not noticeable, so I am not concerned at all that it might use 0.0..something milliamps more power. Take note, that I did not suffer memory card missing or sudden data loss problems. It just took a while for the card to pop up after start up.

(2) The GPS problem with TomTom remains, I still need GPS Gate in order to use TomTom. (Disregard, fixed)

(3) The G Sensor problem remains, I cannot use any other apps apart from SE's that work with the G Sensor, very annoying!!!
This Java -> "Water Level" app works, so maybe some other ones might. But even that one is SE's. I will check more into it later.

(4) Visual LED notifications don't seem to turn on until you wake up the device, the audio alerts are instant though.

I will update as I find more, otherwise everything else(I have tested) on this device is faster now, including SMS typing via keyboard.

EDIT:

Please note! I will no longer be working on trying to fix any bugs on the X2.
I'm sending it back and getting an X10 instead, so my efforts will shift over to Android now.

Perhaps down the road when they come up with a better OS or something, I will buy another X2. Until then, I hope others who have been helping out now will continue to do so.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-06-11 02:21 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-15 13:02:53
Edit : Quote

iva_se Posts: 213

Where can I Update my X2???
--
Posted: 2010-05-15 14:09:25

On 2010-05-15 14:09:25, iva_se wrote:

:sigh :rolleyes :banghead etc...

"This thread is for those of you who have already got the MR2 update and would like to report any bugs, features etc."

[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-05-15 22:47 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-15 23:03:10

rene Posts: 125

On 2010-05-15 14:09:25, iva_se wrote:

ARGH!! Don't you READ first before you post, or don't you understand what you read????

Please DO NOT post "Oh I haven't gotten this patch yet","WTF it's not up yet","Installing it now" etc...

[ This Message was edited by: rene on 2010-05-15 22:17 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-15 23:15:17

To enable "Auto rotation"

Edit the following Registry Key.

HKLM\Services\MultiService\mods\Rotation\AccelBasedRotationEnabled
Change value to "1"

This will help with many things including this -> TomTom!

To enable TomTom Rotation, go further down to AADRClients

(1) Add "New Key" Call it TomTom or whatever.

(2) In that key add new "String Value"

(3) Value name "ModuleFileName"
Value Data "\Storage Card\Program\Navigator\TomTom Navigator.exe"
(You will need to check your folders are the same, edit the text accordingly)

(4) Make sure it saved.

(5) Reboot device

(6) Start TomTom, when it's loaded rotate your device left, viola!
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-05-15 22:45 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-15 23:41:25

Forgot to post this.

To get TomTom working with the X2 WITHOUT GPSGate is actually quite simple.

(1) Go to Settings/System/External GPS and change GDP9 TO COM8.

(2) Run FASTGPS and download the latest Sat Data.

(3) Open TomTom and change the GPS Device from Built in GPS receiver to Other NMEA GPS receiver and select COM8.

(4) Just wait a few seconds for the receiver to be recognized and viola!
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-05-17 23:03 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-18 00:02:51

manfredRO Posts: 3

Would you please state your version or TomTom?
--
Posted: 2010-05-18 20:40:33

On 2010-05-18 20:40:33, manfredRO wrote:
Would you please state your version or TomTom?

7.9, the above fix also works with 7.4.
--
Posted: 2010-05-18 21:20:15

amdx2 Posts: 38

what can i say about this MR2, thusly its fast.. and finger friendly but i hate the new colour theme.. it make me think of MS zune, brown? wtf, txt backgound.. man were they smoking someting..... any now since start and other on the bottom of the screen its a really good.... now i will goto XDA and unstall those unwanted panles/titlewave to see if it goes any faster.
--
Posted: 2010-05-19 05:40:38

rene Posts: 125

On 2010-05-15 13:02:53, prodjsxb wrote:
(3) The G Sensor problem remains, I cannot use any other apps apart from SE's that work with the G Sensor, very annoying!!!
This Java -> "Water Level" app works, so maybe some other ones might. But even that one is SE's. I will check more into it later.

One of the cabs (zzzz_accelerometer_disable.cab) that get's installed in MR2 is setting the registry-value
HKLM\\Services\\MultiService\\mods\\Rotation: AccelBasedRotationEnabled = 0

You could check what happens if you change that to 1...
--
Posted: 2010-05-19 20:10:52
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home