Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : Just got an HTC Desire
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Just got an HTC Desire Bookmark topic
Page123>

James1000 Posts: 23

It's taken me about 4 hours of playing around with it, transferring 8gb of files, personalising and figuring things out, to figure it out.

I'm used to and have had for about 5 years. I was gonna get a Elm, but I thought I would treat myself and have a change. I'm pretty happy with it so far and I think it will get better as time goes on.

I don't like the earphones that come with it, they don't have enough bass (not that I like a lot) and are a bit too "tinny" but quite clear nonetheless.

I also need a 16gb memory card as my 8gb card has been full for quite some time. I would like one of those leather pouches as well.

I went for this set up for my main screen

[ This Message was edited by: James1000 on 2010-05-29 21:42 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:33:19
Edit : Quote

hihihans Posts: > 500

Congratulations with your new toy James.
Please tell us all about it. It's on my wife's "maybe this one" list
--
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:41:29

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Nice
--
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:45:04

James1000 Posts: 23

On 2010-05-29 22:41:29, hihihans wrote:
Congratulations with your new toy James.
Please tell us all about it. It's on my wife's "maybe this one" list

Thanks

I can't find the equaliser on it to boost the bass. But other than that it's brilliant. The build quality is something else, puts to shame. It's nice and heavy, no creaks, or large spaces or bits of lovely silver that will eventually wear away!

There is a little button that you can use if you don't want to touch the screen as well. It works surprisingly well.

It comes with a USB cable that doubles up as the charger cable when connected with the plug! Nice little touch.

Very easy to set up. Only thing that takes time is personalising it. I like it that there is no service provider name when I put a wallpaper of my choice. I'm looking forward to adding some more widgits if there are more for the HTC online. There are about 6 main pages to play with after all! I'm using one for bookmarks and one for calendar (of which there are a few style choices)

--
Posted: 2010-05-29 22:56:30

adnansanni Posts: > 500

Congratulation. It's about time you post this thread. Thanks. I'm going to get one tomorrow, but can't decide which one should I get; Desire or X10.
If possible could you post some more picture of your new phones?
--
Posted: 2010-05-29 23:17:31

Caspa Posts: > 500

Loving the Desire, great handset...
--
Posted: 2010-05-30 01:41:35

weirdwilli Posts: 415

I love my Desire, amazing phone and with Froyo coming soon to it, it should really be seen as a threat to the iPhone. The screen is just amazing, incredibly vibrant and large in comparison to the competitors.
I've installed LauncherPro to use instead of Sense, if anyone wants to check it out
--
Posted: 2010-05-30 12:49:27

dougproctor Posts: > 500

Willi, if you love your Desire so much, why is it on the "for sale" thread??
--
Posted: 2010-05-30 19:58:37

weirdwilli Posts: 415

I miss my iPhone, while the Desire is technically the better phone, Android just doesn't feel as completely bullet proof as the iPhone OS at the moment and I don't want to have to wait for HTC to customise their Sense user interface to make it work on 2.2, when I don't even use it! I can tell that it'll get irritating fairly soon, and I've missed the jailbreaking community!
The apps are another downfall, while many applications are being brought out constantly to compete, because Android is so fragmented, I'd imagine that Devs are having a hard time coding their games for the OS, when on some phones it won't work, others it'll lag, and only the high end phones can manage them. Because of this, I've found about one game with decent graphics as opposed to the fantastic titles constantly appearing on the AppStore (namely GTA, which was fantastic and ran well on my iPhone 2G!)
Don't get me wrong, Android is amazing and Google are trying everything they can to leapfrog Apple, with flash, and the open source nature of it, which is dandy but they're also missing out in important areas.
It's likely just me being a typical 16 year old which makes me want decent games and a constant library of things to do on my device to be honest
--
Posted: 2010-05-30 20:27:21

MWEB Posts: > 500

Nice summation Willi, your wise beyond your years everyman and his dog are buying Desires, i have purchased several, for friends abroad, but i'm resisting it thus far.
--
Posted: 2010-05-30 20:49:15
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home