Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : The official HTC Desire discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > The official HTC Desire discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  1234567>

alexslane Posts: 439

well i got to admitt it the desire is a awesome phone , i am a independent phone retailer and would say that i sell more of these than anything else , the phone is very easy to understand and lighting fast. Would really say that htc got this one right straight out of the box.
The only gripe that i would say is that from what i can gather that the battery life is not great.
As for the touch screen would say that it puts my N97 Mini to shame.
Very bright and clear , its miles better than the x10 and i think that sonys customisation has ruined the x10 somewhat.
Really love the Gps on there as well did not take long to get a lock at all, got me to where i needed to be it good time and did not loose lock at any point.
I think that customisation is the key role on this phone aswell each and every customer that i have sold one to , there phone is diffrent to the next person diffrent apps and diffrent widgets in places.
Boucing back to the gps would reconmend Copilot for use of turn by turn voice guidance.

Yes for once it really is a smart phone . And about time that a company got what they originally wanted as a smart phone and the harware did not let it down.
Yes i would love to have a Desire !

Well thats my pennies worth.
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 09:01:00
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

I still have mine after a week and a half, which is interesting as I only bought it to play with for the weekend to get a feel for Android. I have a colleague next to me with a hero who is drooling and already told me he'll have it as soon as I sell.

Just can't seem to let it go!

Maybe i'll feel different after Thursday...
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 09:34:25

lukechris Posts: > 500

Probably lol, but take both out with you, the iPhone 4 and the Desire. Try and weigh up which is really better, and which your mind is telling you is better, because for practicality, (so far), the Desire has got to be winning, but we will have to wait and see
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 16:49:34

scouser_75 Posts: > 500

Guys, my wife is thinking about getting one of these. The only thing that's putting her off is the fact that it doesn't sync with a Mac.

Can anyone suggest any work-arounds to sync with a Mac please?
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 17:42:04

What exactly does she need to sync?
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 17:49:55

She needs to sync iCal, Contacts, and with iTunes.

So pretty much as you would with an iPhone.
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 17:55:21

Google Sync does a good job of those OTA too
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 18:09:03

On 2010-06-22 18:09:03, lukechris wrote:
Google Sync does a good job of those OTA too

"OTA"??? What's that? Or am I being thick?

Can Google Sync work on Apple iCal, Contacts and iTunes too?

If so, that'd be perfect.
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 20:19:23

masseur Posts: > 500

OTA = over the air

i.e. wirelessly
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 20:22:48

Oh. So like Push?

Things just seem to get better.

If this phone can handle Mobileme I may just quit stressing about the fact that I won't be able to get an iPhone4 for a month (didn't pre-order ) and just get the Desire instead.

I'm not a big Apple fan no more anyway.
--
Posted: 2010-06-22 20:25:45
Page <  1234567>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home