Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : X11: what it SHOULD be
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > X11: what it SHOULD be Bookmark topic
Page12345>

pavlov's_dog Posts: 163

Given the very tough competition, I think us fans of SE should chip in and help SE "decide" what the X11 successor should be, so to speak.

This is not a wishlist. I think we need to set a minimum criteria that would ensure the X11 critical and commercial success.
This may just be a forecast of next year's trends.

- 4" HD (720 x 1280) next-generation AMOLED display with MULTI touch support (I know HD is a little too much for it's size but hey, why not?)
- 2GHz processor (at least)
- Scratch proof mineral display and all-metal body
- a better 12MP camera with xenon flash and photolight
- 1080p full HD video capture
- Stereo speakers
- Android 3.x (the latest one upon release)
- THEMES (the blue one is making me dizzy. it's funny to ask for something so basic 5 years ago)

and of course the X11 mini!

- 3" VGA next-gen AMOLED with MT
- everything else mentioned above but with a weaker cam (say 8MP and photolight)
- dimensions: 90mm x 54mm x 12mm

as for the design philosophy, I think SE is doing very well with human curvature. Industrial will be a very big hit (see Iphone4) but it has been done before (i.e., T610, K700)

What do you think? I know most of these features only good on paper. But still they are very important in terms of marketing. Feel free to add/change anything.
[ This Message was edited by: pavlov's_dog on 2010-06-23 16:50 ]

--
Posted: 2010-06-23 17:44:32
Edit : Quote

boy.in.PINK Posts: > 500

On 2010-06-23 17:44:32, pavlov's_dog wrote:
Given the very tough competition, I think us fans of SE should chip in and help SE "decide" what the X11 successor should be, so to speak.

This is not a wishlist. I think we need to set a minimum criteria that would ensure the X11 critical and commercial success.
This may just be a forecast of next year's trends.

- 4" HD (720 x 1280) next-generation AMOLED display with MULTI touch support (I know HD is a little too much for it's size but hey, why not?)
- Stereo speakers
- THEMES (the blue one is making me dizzy. it's funny to ask for something so basic 5 years ago)

+11

but can we make the speaker 2.1? i mean, stereo speakers with subwoofer... LG has it...

and of course the X11 mini!

- 3" VGA next-gen AMOLED with MT
- everything else mentioned above but with a weaker cam (say 8MP and photolight)
- dimensions: 90mm x 54mm x 12mm

can we make it lower like the X10? like:
- 2.4" AMOLED (maybe w/o MT)
- 2MP, dual/trio photolight, AF
- VGA recording @ 30FPS
- longer battery life
- no 3G support
- Walkman 4.0 player with Clear Audio EQ
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 08:37:22

>500 Posts: > 500

Android does not allow for Themes im fairly sure... At least in current versions it doesnt.

Though with all these customs roms and things, its a wonder people havent figured out who to do so!
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 09:14:25

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

On 2010-06-23 17:44:32, pavlov's_dog wrote:
- Stereo speakers

"- 2GHz processor (at least)" Personally I think 1.5 is easily enough, and is likely all we're really going to see in 2010/11. 2GHz is a bit over the top for a phone at this stage because we all have seen that current mobile phone OSs run perfectly on a 1GHz processor.

"- Scratch proof mineral display and all-metal body" I would prefer a half metal, half plastic frame. All metal makes a phone too heavy or can disrupt the signal as we are now seeing with iPhone 4.

"- a better 12MP camera with xenon flash and photolight" I think 8MP is enough. Xenon is a want.

"- 1080p full HD video capture" Agree. If SE want to stay ahead of the game, this is the next step.
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 10:37:34

peter geerts Posts: 7

Instead of higher CPU speed I'd rather like to see a (better) GPU.
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 20:11:16

HxH Posts: > 500

I would love to see something about dual-cpu 1.5Ghz as minimum

About the screen I want Bravia technology put in their global phone not only Japanese market
Not preferred AMOLED at all cost, it can't work well under sun light
and I feel it over contrast color not friendly with my eyes but clear crisp and deep black color I have to admit it.
S.AMOLED is exclusive for SS so it will not likely for other manufactured DON'T ASK FOR IT!

make the feeling of holding C901 while using material like w995 it would be perfect
with 3.5" screen is enough don't big to much to hold and one hand can handle it

After N8 release 12mp would be real standard setter instead of continue megapixels war
better improve sensor size as N8 did and with EXMOR it will work perfectly and XENON is must have for full functional camera

design-wise is excellent I know altogether with XPERIA TimeScape MediaScape

I'm sold with my dream
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 21:18:46

basithz Posts: 253

what about a 4 inch HD 3D screen would be pretty cool aswell as sony ericsson branded 3D glasses along with a 1-2ghz processor and to top it all of latest version of android.

im pretty sure if they can pull that off and sell it for about £650-700 then they'll probably be up to date for a lobg time.
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 23:12:35

phonecrzy Posts: 478

3D is bad for a phone, imagine every time u want to use your phone u need 2 bring some 3d glasses with u and wear them as well. Stick with AMOLED, LED, Retina Display Etc. but 3D is too much for a phone, and wayyy tooo expensive.
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 23:24:10

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

On 2010-06-26 23:12:35, basithz wrote:
what about a 4 inch HD 3D screen would be pretty cool aswell as sony ericsson branded 3D glasses along with a 1-2ghz processor and to top it all of latest version of android.

im pretty sure if they can pull that off and sell it for about £650-700 then they'll probably be up to date for a lobg time.

3D with glasses on a phone would be absolutely laughable. I'd like to see the technology from the 3DS make it onto a phone, where there would be no need for glasses.
--
Posted: 2010-06-26 23:35:13

basithz Posts: 253

On 2010-06-26 23:35:13, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2010-06-26 23:12:35, basithz wrote:

3D with glasses on a phone would be absolutely laughable. I'd like to see the technology from the 3DS make it onto a phone, where there would be no need for glasses.

what i meant by 3D is that you can watch 3D movies and it'll still have a normal hd screen
--
Posted: 2010-06-27 00:02:43
Page12345>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home