Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Nokia N95 8GB Debranding problem
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia N95 8GB Debranding problem Bookmark topic
chrisf-1 Posts: 2

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and like most people I am here because I have a problem with my
N95 8GB I have had the phone for about 2 years and am very impressed with it. I assume it was at one time a contract upgrade from vodafone because when switching on an off it produces a vodafone logo and I am using it with an on Orange PAYG sim card I am told it wastes a lot of space and stops a lot of the nokia features as well, anyway I have downloaded the Nemesis program and the Nokia suite but when I go into the Nemesis program it seems to be unable to read anything on my phone in the bottom left corner it says error so I tried wiping and reloading Nemesis and got the same problem so I am assuming the problem must be in my phone any help greatly appreciated I am no whizz kid with this kind of thing so please explain anything in simple layman's terms many thanks Chris
--
Posted: 2010-07-03 23:07:48
Edit : Quote

zide Posts: 481

Use this tuturial:

http://themoth.wordpress.com/[....]ware-to-generic-euro1-version/

It's the same procedure but instead of choosing "PC Suite Connection Mode" when you connect the phone, choose no option. It worked for me.
--
Posted: 2010-07-04 03:40:51

chrisf-1 Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply but my phone does not have the no option option Chris
--
Posted: 2010-07-04 16:51:42

zide Posts: 481

No mate, just don't select anything. Let the connection list box opened and see if NSS recognizes it.
--
Posted: 2010-07-04 17:01:52

exaflare23 Posts: 227

@chrisf

Same thing happened to me, but it worked after I uninstalled nokia pc suite and nokia software updater. let your computer recognize your phone.
--
Posted: 2010-07-05 02:27:48

suresh86 Posts: 201

Insall nokia connectivity cable driver only and select pc suite mode.
--
Posted: 2010-07-08 00:01:00

Miss UK Posts: > 500

I had a problem trying to sort my phone out via NSS to via Windows 7 got someone else to do it for me tho using Vista and it worked, what OS did u use?
--
Posted: 2010-07-11 16:10:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home