Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : HTC makes it official, Android 2.2 roll-out for HTC Desire starting this weekend
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC makes it official, Android 2.2 roll-out for HTC Desire starting this weekend Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

lukechris Posts: > 500

Get in there
--
Posted: 2010-07-31 10:26:19
Edit : Quote

volvoman Posts: > 500

I have nothing against the X10 at all, in fact I love the phone, but the delays that SE have in bringing the update, are just too long. Yes I knew the update would be coming, but had not thought it would be only to 2.1 after everyone else is already enjoying 2.2, and not far off getting 3.0. Maybe if SE had gone like others for a more stock android O/S, then things may well have been different. Timesacpe and mediascape are ok, but just that ok. htc's freinds stream and sense work soo well, and faster than SE's effort. Other small things like not being able to create playlists on the phone, which is soo straight forward on the htc.

I now have both the Desire and the wildfire, and has been mentioned by htc, the Desire will receive things the wildfire has such as the updated info when a caller rings, the app sharing service, and 720p HD video recording.

So for me at the moment htc is a no brainer I am afraid, SE take too long to get it right, when others get it right from the get go, and then just make things better and better.

SE need to take a long hard look at the likes of htc, not apple, they have a market all of their own, SE are competing with htc motorola and samsung, get it right with them, forget the iphone, those that go for the iphone will not even consider the others anyway.
--
Posted: 2010-07-31 13:29:31

masseur Posts: > 500

damn, I sold my Desire last week after holding on to it for a couple more weeks than planned in the hope that froyo would come available sooner.

Was interested to check out the wifi hotspot feature and the flash and Chrome javascript and other supposed performance enhancements so keen to hear some feedback while waiting to see what HTC bring as a follow up to the Desire
--
Posted: 2010-07-31 14:27:00

Bonovox Posts: > 500

@Toney_Ericsson perhaps a change of username would be good then if it's bollocks to When I swapped my X10 for the Samsung Galaxy I nearly went for the Desire. I just hope now Samsung stick to their promise in September for 2.2 @SloopJohnB it does not matter if it looks like an iphone it's what's inside & if it works that counts imo
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-07-31 17:16 ]

--
Posted: 2010-07-31 18:10:58

tranced Posts: > 500

Any news on this? Have you got the update?
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 00:22:01

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Might ask lukechris as he has a Desire so I guess he will update
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 01:52:30

gedas5 Posts: 380

no update so far even though i have unlocked unbranded HTC Desire...now there are speculations circulating over the internet if it will come out eventually this weekend at all or was it just someone kind of misunderstanding...
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 11:10:21

Hobbs Posts: > 500

Enjoy you lucky buggers!
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 11:48:15

lemmy31 Posts: > 500

Froyo now avaialble for the Desire...........downloading OTA on my wifes phone as we speak

Regards

Craig
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 14:09:35

volvoman Posts: > 500

Let us know what is extra, it is meant to include things such as 720p HD video recording, updated sense and all sorts of additional things.

Can not wait for the update to come to the voda branded Desires.
--
Posted: 2010-08-01 17:44:39
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home