Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Pixon 12 SMS memory problems ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Pixon 12 SMS memory problems ? Bookmark topic
03wheatleyc Posts: 5

I recently purchased a Samsung M8910 Pixon 12. The phone is great, a much wanted upgrade from my C905.

The only fault I have currently come across is where it saves SMS messages. I would have expected them to be saved on the phone memory, but for some reason my inbox is automatically saved on the SIM card? I have looked endlessly on how to change the save location but no luck

Any of you guys got an idea on how to change the save location of the inbox?

cheers
--
Posted: 2010-08-03 19:10:11
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I don't think you can on Samsung's own operating system. When I had the Jet sometime ago I noticed when I put the sim in another phone the messages were still on the sim from the Samsung. It's different in Samsung Android devices but their own UI I think some are stored on the sim then when it's full they are on the phone. Not sure about their latest releases weather that has changed but I would not see it as a major problem.
--
Posted: 2010-08-03 22:55:34

03wheatleyc Posts: 5

Ah right, thanks for the explanation. Its not that its a major problem just I think its a funny way of going about it.
--
Posted: 2010-08-03 23:51:32

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I know it is. I used to hate also how Samsung used to by default use internal memory for camera pics & a ringtone or wallpaper had to be copied to internal memory to be used Seems as though that's a thing of the past now
--
Posted: 2010-08-03 23:57:37

Razorback64 Posts: 1

Dude this is the most common problem which is being faced by all n series users even i had one with my n73 but now its resolved you just have to upgrade your phone......this problem is within the phones firmware and it has been corrected in the latest firmwares so just upgrade your phone

just use the nokia pc suite to upgrade your phone!! or you can get the updating software form here.

Diamond Brands-Diamond Prices
[ This Message was edited by: Razorback64 on 2010-08-11 13:05 ]

--
Posted: 2010-08-10 08:38:00

JohnM Posts: > 500

On 2010-08-10 08:38:00, Razorback64 wrote:
Dude this is the most common problem which is being faced by all n series users even i had one with my n73 but now its resolved you just have to upgrade your phone......this problem is within the phones firmware and it has been corrected in the latest firmwares so just upgrade your phone

just use the nokia pc suite to upgrade your phone!! or you can get the updating software form here

How will upgrading a SAMSUNG PIXON work using NOKIA PC SUITE then? I'd be interested to see that..... and extremely surprised if it worked!
--
Posted: 2010-08-10 10:48:41

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home