Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : Another reason to buy an HTC
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Another reason to buy an HTC Bookmark topic
Page12>

e_expert Posts: 4

Was reviewing some of things that I heard about the HTC’s London Launch event they had yesterday and along with the official announcement of the Desire HD and Desire Z I found something that really got me excited. I know it’s not a huge deal, and I’m not sure why but I absolutely HATE having to wait for my mobile google maps to load. HTC has solved all my problems with their upgraded Sense that requires almost no load time for maps. The app ties in with the phone’s digital compass to rotate the map with you, which is awesome. HTC has gone way up in my books.
--
Posted: 2010-09-17 03:45:17
Edit : Quote

volvoman Posts: > 500

Long time Ericsson then SE user, always thought I would stay with SE, but since getting my Wildfire then my 2x Desires I will be hard pushed to go back to SE. hTC are by far and away the best manufacture at the moment in my books. This new sense UI and the new Desire range has even got Nokia worried, why else would they try to rain on hTC's parade at the launch?

And the most important thing is the time between launch and when they will be in the shops, lets see other manufactures follow suit.
--
Posted: 2010-09-17 13:07:48

glorfingal Posts: > 500

very seriously considering moving on to a desire (of some sort )
's delays a dithering with android updates is getting a little
"tiresome" to say the least .....
--
Posted: 2010-09-17 13:12:24

pao9195 Posts: 98

There are two major reasons to buy HTC phones:

A. Sense UI, an excellent user interface for smartphones.
B. Full support by public developers like xda developers.
--
Posted: 2010-09-19 14:20:16

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

I'm making the move too, I can't wait for the HTC Desire HD to come out next month it looks awesome. Bollocks to Sony Ericsson I've had enough of all the waiting for updates and crap dated handsets. SE is dead as far as I'm concerned.
--
Posted: 2010-09-20 15:59:00

Just waiting for vodafone to sort out my upgrade, then I will add the Desire HD to my collection of HTC devices, and with my recent discovery of folder organizer app, the first thing to do will be to customise my screens and icons. been playing with the app on one of my Desires, and so far I am very impressed. I now have aload of little green android robots as icons for various app, have folders for similar apps for quick access, what and awesome app, and the lite version is free, and can do most things you want to customise your screens.
--
Posted: 2010-11-09 12:41:54

Bonovox Posts: > 500

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-16 21:19 ]

--
Posted: 2010-11-09 14:51:00

rikken Posts: > 500

Having had the Desire I can say I was not satisfied with it`s camera, batterylife and sound through the musicplayer. I am not sure these things are significantly improved on the HD
--
Posted: 2010-11-09 19:50:21

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Phone Arena site said the HD camera was poor
--
Posted: 2010-11-09 20:02:03

I personally find the Desires camera far better than the X10 was. The gallery is far better than the X10, 2.1 has many better features than 1.6, 2.2 is better still. SE's time scape and media scape is awe full, slow hard to use, and the music player does not even support playlists. On the htc you can create playlists straight on the phone, the way it should be, music may not be as rich as on the X10, but as I do not use the music player that much, it is not an issue for me. The sense overlay is way better than anything SE could produce, and the main grip for me is, why oh why have SE taken soo long to get 2.1 on the phone, when everyone else has been on 2.1 for ages, and many others have gone onto 2.2. If SE want to be classed as a major player in android, they really need to get to grips with other manufactures.

2.3 is already getting shipped to developers this week, and will not be long before the likes of the nexus one will have it on it. So music maybe be slightly better on the X10, but everything else is left way behind.

This may be my opinion, but as a long time user of SE equipment, the move away was one not taken lightly, but it has been a very good choice in my opinion.

I am not in anyway condemning the X10, it has a very nice design, and is nice to use, but SE have not done themselves any favours with the device, and the very long wait users have had for the update. Some like me have jumped ship, and may never return.

Maybe SE would have been better putting straight forward froyo on the phone like the nexus one, at least then users could add apps as they liked, rather than having to make do with time and media scape.

Tweets from SE saying they are leaders in the android market, are a complete joke, when manufactures like ZTE are knocking out handsets like the racer, with a more standard version of android for such a low price.
--
Posted: 2010-11-09 20:12:37
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home