Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : Best Music sound quality phone?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Best Music sound quality phone? Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

jplacson Posts: > 500

On 2010-09-25 16:26:14, bery_451 wrote:
I know the iphone 4 gives the best sound quality when it comes to music. But i like to know which non touch screen SE phone gives the best sound quality?

Do all SE walkman phones give the same sound quality output?

what about other manufacturers such as nokia and samsung. Do their music phones offer better sound quality than SE ones?

thanks,

In terms for neutrality and accuracy... They're all pretty much equal. Theyre all good. I never use their built in eqs so I can't compare.

The electronics themselves have gotten decent enough throughout the years that they all pretty much fall within 3-5% of each other

Any bit rate lower than 192kbps and your file will make any phone sound kinda crappy... Apple earbuds? Makes them sound even worse...

Upgrade your headset... And make sure all your files are 160kbps or higher (192 Kbps vbr is better)... And do NOT just re-encode your existing files... You have to re-rip them from your CDs.

If you can live with the sound that comes out of the Apple earbuds, then you can probably stand Bluetooth audio... Personally, I can't stand either. Bluetooth audio is more of a gimmick right now. Sounds closer to radio quality.

I'm partial to AKG headphones since they're not as expensive as Sennheiser but offer the same quality. If you're on a budget, I personally like their 518DJ (aka K81) set.

--
Posted: 2010-09-26 04:22:56
Edit : Quote

bery_451 Posts: 120

On 2010-09-26 04:22:56, jplacson wrote:

On 2010-09-25 16:26:14, bery_451 wrote:
I know the iphone 4 gives the best sound quality when it comes to music. But i like to know which non touch screen SE phone gives the best sound quality?

Do all SE walkman phones give the same sound quality output?

what about other manufacturers such as nokia and samsung. Do their music phones offer better sound quality than SE ones?

thanks,

In terms for neutrality and accuracy... They're all pretty much equal. Theyre all good. I never use their built in eqs so I can't compare.

The electronics themselves have gotten decent enough throughout the years that they all pretty much fall within 3-5% of each other

Any bit rate lower than 192kbps and your file will make any phone sound kinda crappy... Apple earbuds? Makes them sound even worse...

Upgrade your headset... And make sure all your files are 160kbps or higher (192 Kbps vbr is better)... And do NOT just re-encode your existing files... You have to re-rip them from your CDs.

If you can live with the sound that comes out of the Apple earbuds, then you can probably stand Bluetooth audio... Personally, I can't stand either. Bluetooth audio is more of a gimmick right now. Sounds closer to radio quality.

I'm partial to AKG headphones since they're not as expensive as Sennheiser but offer the same quality. If you're on a budget, I personally like their 518DJ (aka K81) set.

so what you saying is that if you use bluetooth a2dp the sound quality will be the same regardless of which phone you using?

what about FLAC? Does bluetooth support FLAC?

which phones have built in fm or dab antenna so you can listen to radio without connecting anything to it? can this type of radio be a2dp as well?

thanks,
--
Posted: 2010-09-27 13:31:18

mode Posts: > 500

Bluetooth audio is more of a gimmick right now. Sounds closer to radio quality.

You obviously haven't used the MW-600. I've used much more expensive wired headsets that don't sound as great as this bluetooth headset which happens to have fm stereo on board, listening to radio wirelessly is a non-issue. Pure genius if you ask me.
--
Posted: 2010-09-27 16:14:31

jplacson Posts: > 500

@mode, Yes, I have tried the MW-600. I wanted to get one when it first came out. They are probably are the best sounding BT headsets out today.

@bery, Bluetooth compresses and transmits the audio, so your FLAC won't really be FLAC anymore... it will be using the BT Audio format which is compressed to a max of about 400kbps. And the phone transmission rate, and the decoder on the BT headset will play a part in over-all quality. As mode pointed out, check out the MW600, if you're happy with BT Audio, it's one of the best BT headsets out so far. With regards to dab radios, I don't know which phones have that.

**edited my post since audio quality is very relative to what the person is used to listening to... so I'll stop here..because the surest way to go broke is to start nitpicking audio quality... hahahahaha... **
[ This Message was edited by: jplacson on 2010-09-27 16:26 ]

--
Posted: 2010-09-27 17:17:37

so the mw600 is the best sound quality bluetooth headset? better sound quality than the ds200 bluetooth headset?

so w995 is the best mp3 sound quality non touch screen phone?

what about other walkman phones such as the w890, w910, zylo etc? Do all walkman phones have the same sound quality?

if not then what about updating firmware of w890 for example. if i do this will it have same sound quality as w995?

--
Posted: 2010-09-29 15:59:06

idumbakumar Posts: > 500

i use mw600 BT headset with w995. its way better... i love the audio quality... its better than ds200
i prefer mw600 than the wired headset... but wired headset has more volume ouput...
with modded acoustics w995 is ultimate for me... always recommended
--
Posted: 2010-09-29 17:16:42

On 2010-09-29 17:16:42, idumbakumar wrote:
i use mw600 BT headset with w995. its way better... i love the audio quality... its better than ds200
i prefer mw600 than the wired headset... but wired headset has more volume ouput...

modded acoustics?

how do you do that? only the w995 can do it?
--
Posted: 2010-09-29 21:37:12

mriley Posts: > 500

I didn't know the Yari had better sound quality than the W995 and Aino I would still choose the W995 over them though, it's a better all-round phone I would get the W995 and mod the acoustics like idumkumar said.

modded acoustics?

Modded acoustics are, acoustics that have been developed by a modder to make the sound quality better than the original acoustic drivers installed on the phone by You can upload the acoustics to your phone with a program called A2 Uploader. It's basic, easy modding
It can be done on most basic phones, it's not just W995

--
Posted: 2010-09-29 22:49:36

On 2010-09-29 22:49:36, mriley wrote:
I didn't know the Yari had better sound quality than the W995 and Aino I would still choose the W995 over them though, it's a better all-round phone I would get the W995 and mod the acoustics like idumkumar said.

modded acoustics?

Modded acoustics are, acoustics that have been developed by a modder to make the sound quality better than the original acoustic drivers installed on the phone by You can upload the acoustics to your phone with a program called A2 Uploader. It's basic, easy modding
It can be done on most basic phones, it's not just W995

i got a c510 and w890i. if i mod the acoustics of them then will they have the same sound quality as w995?

Dont all walkman phones have the same sound quality? They basically all run the same walkman software right?
--
Posted: 2010-09-30 14:48:12

idumbakumar Posts: > 500

On 2010-09-29 21:37:12, bery_451 wrote:

On 2010-09-29 17:16:42, idumbakumar wrote:

modded acoustics?

here's my acoustic mix..
http://forums.se-nse.net/topi[....]-acoustics-for-w995-specially/
it has modded acoustics from me and other modders... if u've anybody's mobile just try...
--
Posted: 2010-09-30 17:16:21
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home