Esato Mobile
General discussions : Tablets : RIM Unveils The BlackBerry PlayBook
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Tablets > RIM Unveils The BlackBerry PlayBook Bookmark topic
Page <  12

p900 lover Posts: > 500

No native spell check i guess will come very quickly and is a shame its not there.

How does the tethering work? Is it stable?

Regarding the video calling, i wonder how long it will be (if ever) till skype comes to the PB.
--
Posted: 2011-04-25 12:15:07
Edit : Quote

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Tethering ...
you can use your BB as a Bluetooth Modem to surf FULL HTML5/Flash web; the real web ....
- OR -
you can use your BB via Bluetooth to use its OWN web-browser; much slower as its really just visually showing your what your BB is actually pulling down just not showing on the BB's screen; really engenious actually since Intel is doing this over WLAN for WiDi.

Pairing for BlackBerry native core PIM: Email, Contacts, Calendar, Memos.

I'm expecting for Video:
Skype, Qik for consumers and praying for
Polycomm, Tandberg (both major corporate VC systems) for corporate use.

btw, Tandberg is owned by Cisco now. So in the corporate VC (Video Conference) space there is:
Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, Cisco vs Avaya for portable and dedicated office wlan video systems (not really tablets for Cisco/Avaya).
--
Posted: 2011-05-01 09:24:36

hihihans Posts: > 500

I can buy this brand new for only 139 euro
is this a smart move or should I go for an Android?
--
Posted: 2012-12-19 18:08:17

hihihans Posts: > 500

Excuse me for this question but BB10 was promised to the playbook. Is it available yet and (now comes the silly part) did they really mean this old machine?
--
Posted: 2013-06-16 00:55:00

On 2013-06-16 00:55:00, hihihans wrote:
Excuse me for this question but BB10 was promised to the playbook. Is it available yet and (now comes the silly part) did they really mean this old machine?

Not available yet, and BlackBerry is being mum in the subject but playbook is listed in their 2013 road map.

One regional model if the z10 & q10 I think runs in the omap 4470 chipset, so bb10 is running efficiently.
I don't think all features will grace all models of this, maybe the LTE model will since it has 4G/LTE via sim card.

We'll see. Til then the hack community is doing very well with loading partial working bb10 in it.
--
Posted: 2013-06-16 07:41:39

On 2013-06-16 00:55:00, hihihans wrote:

Not available yet, and BlackBerry is being mum in the subject but playbook is listed in their 2013 road map.

One regional model if the z10 & q10 I think runs in the omap 4470 chipset, so bb10 is running efficiently.
I don't think all features will grace all models of this, maybe the LTE model will since it has 4G/LTE via sim card.

We'll see. Til then the hack community is doing very well with loading partial working bb10 in it.
--
Posted: 2013-06-16 08:09:28
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home