Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : I am thinking of swapping my X10 for a Desire HD. Pros and cons please
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > I am thinking of swapping my X10 for a Desire HD. Pros and cons please Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

Toney_Ericsson Posts: > 500

Have a look at what's eating your battery your probably updating the weather every 2 seconds. Have a good look at syncing, email checking and everything else that consumes battery.

Powerbar widget to switch off WiFi, GPS, BT, Syncing when not needed. I use Apndroid also was using that before on X10.

There are apps to tell if there's anything else eating battery like system info and just change it accordingly, nothing wrong with my DHD battery. Some people on xda are getting 59 hours on a single charge, could even get more if they don't switch the phone on

--
Posted: 2011-01-17 18:44:10
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

On 2011-01-17 00:27:06, Miss UK wrote:
HTCs have really shoddy battery life even my Wildfire did after update 2.2.1
it used to last quite awhile before that update though

rumours is HTC are all the same in terms of iffy battery,
the HD is a nicephone I also wanted it to, but I think if you wait then you will find that
newer better HTCs are due to come over the nexts few months ones with much faster processors

Most Android phones have poor battery life
--
Posted: 2011-01-17 19:19:27

Miss UK Posts: > 500

X10 is pretty good better then my EX-HTC lol
--
Posted: 2011-01-17 22:47:48

On 2011-01-17 22:47:48, Miss UK wrote:
X10 is pretty good better then my EX-HTC lol

You said you had a wildfire which isn't in the same league as the Desire let alone a HTC Desire HD.
--
Posted: 2011-01-17 23:09:32

Yepp but the other hald has the desire,
the wildfire is basically the same minus the screen try one out
--
Posted: 2011-01-17 23:20:10

The wildfire and X10 are mid range phones I have no intention.
--
Posted: 2011-01-18 03:03:02

Don't you have a X10i I assumed you did otherwise
my eyes are playing tricks on me

HTC are easy to use very playful but there quite expensive,
my current phone I got at a very good price is good to last me till Aug or next year where
I believe the better phones will come out!

HTC are bringing out ones with better processors too soon

HD is nice I wanted it myself but its been out a while now and HTC are developing more so we speak
--
Posted: 2011-01-18 18:26:11

Yeah I have an X10, its back in its box. I used to think se were the best but I'm fed up with them lagging behind everyone else these days, there nothing more than a mid range manufacturer these days.

I see the Arc is no different from the X10 and yes later this year there will be dual core and 1GB of RAM pretty much standard and se's Arc only has 512mb RAM and single processor so nothings changing with se. Adding "_____ ENGINE" to any phone will guarantee the clueless consumers will buy though but wheres the performance and support there isn't any it's just bullshit.

I got the DHD because of the excellent screen and features and the other things such as Locations, maps already on the phone no need to use any data connection and points you in the direction your facing works awesome, excellent when in other countries no high data charges as you would get on any other phone. It's really fast browsing on the DHD also with full flash support.

The DHD camera is good also and of course Sense, much better than se's UI and theres always custom roms being made by developers.

--
Posted: 2011-01-19 02:17:06

Ive been away from
since the 007 K800i

ive comeback now and I must say im rather happy with the X10i
its my 2nd Touch after the P910i

I really am thinking people were just moaning about nothing personally cos it's a great phone
you should bring urs back oput cos the update for another HTC idea is coming Pinch and Zoom

im still watching HTC but im more then happy with what ive got infact imdue a upgrade August but i think thats Unessecary now due to the circumstances that my X10i does the job and its BNIB
--
Posted: 2011-01-19 18:04:22

That MT on the X10 coming isn't the same as whats on the HTC DHD they've already said that and it isn't guaranteed to work with all applications already seen videos showing it on the X10.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2011-01-19 19:51 ]

--
Posted: 2011-01-19 20:49:41
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home