Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : How to sync or backup iPhone contents to new Mac
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > How to sync or backup iPhone contents to new Mac Bookmark topic
XYfanc1001 Posts: 1

I have brought a new mac and would like to sync my iPhone content with the new mac (i.e. contact, calendar, apps and etc..) As the the first sync will erase all contents from my iPhone, is there any way to avoid it. If the iPhone backup has been performed on the old PC, can I restore all the content from the backup if the content was erased during sync with the new mac. Please advise.

Update: By following this page about how to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad files to computer, i can solve my problem.Thanks all the same.
[ This Message was edited by: XYfanc1001 on 2011-04-09 16:40 ]

--
Posted: 2011-01-27 08:38:32
Edit : Quote

jplacson Posts: > 500

Yes, the first sync won't erase data if you're using the same iTunes account. Make sure itunes is set to not automatically sync when connecting the iPhone. Yes you can also restore from the old backup if things go wrong.

For contacts, I would also suggest exporting to a common vcard or csv format.

Are you a MobileMe or Gmail subscriber?
--
Posted: 2011-01-27 08:56:16

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2011-01-28 05:21:13, Flyingfly wrote:
Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.

As I stated on howardforum site - do NOT forget to De-Authorize your PC AFTER completion if you're never going to use it again.

Copy the complete iTunes folder from PC to a DVD or USB stick - whichever has space - keeping folder structure.
Next place the content of the RESPECTIVE subfolders of the iTunes Music folder to the mac (if one folder doesn't exist copy it from the PC backup in the logical respective place). this is a manual backup/restore should you screw things up.

Cheers.
--
Posted: 2011-01-28 06:32:42

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home