Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Kyocera announces Echo. A dual screen Android smartphone
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Kyocera announces Echo. A dual screen Android smartphone Bookmark topic
laffen Posts: > 500

Today, at a Sprint press event, Kyocera announced a dual-screen smartphone running Android 2.2
Esato News

Kyocera today announced the Kyocera Echo dual screen Android 2.2 device with two 3.5 inch displays. The Kyocera Echo offers four modes of interactionSingle-Screen Mode with all the functionality of a single-display touchscreen smartphoneSimul-Task Mode with two of the phone's seven core apps running concurrently but independently on the device's dual displaysOptimized Mode with both displays supporting a single, optimized app with complementary functionality and enhanced usabilityTablet Mode with one application spread across both screens for a full 4.7-inch viewing areaWhat can be accomplished with a dual screen smartphone? Multitasking of course. Send an email on one screen while writing SMS on the other. Two browser windows open at the same time. 193 gram is quite heavy but it is only 2 gram more than the Dell Venue Pro QWERTY slider model.Single-Screen Mode is When the phone is closed only one display is visible and it acts like a normal touch screen phone. Simul-Task mode is when both displays are visible and two of the phone's seven core apps (messaging, e-mail, browsing, phone, gallery, contacts and VueQue) are running concurrently but independently. Optimized Mode are when both screens are running the same app. E.g composing an email on with a touchscreen keyboard on the other display or viewing images on one screen and browsing image thumnails on the other. Tablet Mode is when one application spread across both displays for a full 4.7 inch viewing area.Kyocera Echo Technical detailsSize: 115 x 56.5 x 17.2 mm193 gramBattery: 1270 mAh. Includes spare battery 1370 mAh with portable charger that can aslo tether to the phone as an external power supply Dual 3.5 inch LCD WVGA (800 x 480 pixel) capacitive touch screens (4.7 inches diagonally and 800 x 960 pixels when opened)Android 2.2WiFi hotspot capabilityVueQue, a pre-loaded app that lets users watch a YouTube video in one display, while browsing, queuing and buffering additional YouTube videos on the other.The usual Google apps: Google Search, Maps, Talk, Gmail, YouTube and sync with Google Calendar.Full HTML web browser optimized for dual-screen experienceNetworks: 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A) - peak download speed of 3.1 Mbps5 megapixel camera, flash, autofocus and 720p HD video recorderBluetooth 2.1Digital compass, accelerometer, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPSMemory: 1 GB / 512 MB. Expandable up to 32 GB. 8 GB card includedCPU: 1 GHz Snapdragon QSD 8650)KyoceraEcho

--
Posted: 2011-02-08 01:08:26
Edit : Quote

tranced Posts: > 500

I wasn't expecting Kyocera to come up with an android device. And to be honest, the phone is very different to the rest. Dual display is nice idea. For a second I thought of the DS.

Shame it's cdma.
--
Posted: 2011-02-08 04:12:47

Hobbs Posts: > 500

Wow looks insane.
--
Posted: 2011-02-08 07:40:47

goldenface Posts: > 500

193g Some weight to carry around when other phones are 100 - 130g these days.
--
Posted: 2011-02-08 08:57:06

Dups! Posts: > 500

I don't know what to think of this. Some of the multitasking applications are quite interesting and innovative but I'm not so sure I would get something like this. Maybe with time I can get used to the idea. It's good to see something different nonetheless.
--
Posted: 2011-02-08 09:35:09

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home