Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple Wins Patent Victory against HTC which could Ban all Android Phones
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Wins Patent Victory against HTC which could Ban all Android Phones Bookmark topic
Page123>

julias Posts: > 500

Seems like HTC is in big trouble along with all Android phones Apple has just won a landmark patent victory against HTC that could lead to every Android phone being banned. More Here

--
Posted: 2011-07-19 13:13:57
Edit : Quote

skblakee Posts: > 500

Probably will be settled somehow.
--
Posted: 2011-07-20 00:43:45

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Sorry but this is getting silly now. Is Apple trying to kill the whole competition?? What is the argument though I do not understand this?? What has Android got to do with Apple?? Or am I just being thick??

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-07-19 23:54 ]

--
Posted: 2011-07-20 00:49:00

skblakee Posts: > 500

Personally, I don't know what the big deal with Apple is especially since they just broke their own records for sales in a quarter. 20 million iPhones sold $28.7 billion in sales. They are a good bit on the ridiculous side.
--
Posted: 2011-07-20 01:43:10

On 2011-07-20 00:49:00, Bonovox wrote:
Sorry but this is getting silly now. Is Apple trying to kill the whole competition?? What is the argument though I do not understand this?? What has Android got to do with Apple?? Or am I just being thick??

Beyond silly Apple are claiming that they own the patent to the part of the phone that recognises the phone number and being prompted to call them? I'm not a technical man but mobile phones were doing this when since they were invented.

Personally i think Apple are just jealous of the success of Android are trying to kill it off in any way possible clearly their greed is getting out of control here and someone needs to get them a reality check and i'm sure it will come to them at some point as the saying goes "the higher they climb the harder they fall".

--
Posted: 2011-07-20 11:05:04

goldenface Posts: > 500

Is all this litigation a just a sign of the times or did it only get ridiculous since the iPhone arrived?
--
Posted: 2011-07-20 15:09:43

On 2011-07-20 15:09:43, goldenface wrote:
Is all this litigation a just a sign of the times or did it only get ridiculous since the iPhone arrived?

I would say its since the iphone arrived Apple were alright until then and i think even Apple were amazed at the success of the iphone its been such a influential and game changing phone that its got to their heads.

--
Posted: 2011-07-20 19:14:40

Bonovox Posts: > 500

On 2011-07-20 11:05:04, julias wrote:

On 2011-07-20 00:49:00, Bonovox wrote:

Beyond silly Apple are claiming that they own the patent to the part of the phone that recognises the phone number and being prompted to call them? I'm not a technical man but mobile phones were doing this when since they were invented.

Personally i think Apple are just jealous of the success of Android are trying to kill it off in any way possible clearly their greed is getting out of control here and someone needs to get them a reality check and i'm sure it will come to them at some point as the saying goes "the higher they climb the harder they fall".

AND APPLE WON THAT?? Oh come on
--
Posted: 2011-07-20 21:13:46

On 2011-07-20 21:13:46, Bonovox wrote:

AND APPLE WON THAT?? Oh come on

Sorry won what?

--
Posted: 2011-07-20 23:10:17

xtacy Posts: 117

On 2011-07-20 11:05:04, julias wrote:

I think what it meant was that phone would be able to recognise calls from unknown numbers by looking up a database and thereby displaying the caller's name; not just the names of those in your contacts list.

But I think these services have been deployed by some carriers in the US. (I'm not very certain but I could look it up).
--
Posted: 2011-07-21 10:24:50
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home