Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Which phone to buy?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Which phone to buy? Bookmark topic
Page12>

>500 Posts: > 500

hi all

so im in berlin at the moment... let me just say, phones compare to other parts of europe.... they are cheap! (dont know how it compares in uk though)

Im torn as to what to buy... Arc s €359 Ray €269 Neo €247.... then theres handsets like galaxy s 2 €419 and htc sensation €399

so, what shall i buy? im leaning towards the arc s, even if they dont have white, only silver or midnight blue.

although i prefer the ergonomics of neo... hmmmm

decisions decisions

edit: i will be claiming the VAT back to before i leave the EU... so will be even cheaper.
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2011-10-22 13:16 ]

--
Posted: 2011-10-22 14:15:28
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

the obvious choice from that set is the S2.

don't forget that they call them "Handy's" in Germany, not phones or mobiles etc

lol, I still claim as much VAT back as I can on my trips home, its a great bonus!... then... I claim GST back when I leave oz! thats the benefits of dual nationality and residence!
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 14:28:08

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Handy's I was always curious how much you paid for your GS2 Mass??
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 15:53:00

sorry, I could tell you but then I'd have to shoot you... that one (together with a few other recent purchases) is a bit of a secret

Like Franglais, I guess "Handy's" came from some English'ism in the German language.

I just did a quick google and found this about Denglish, a term I never heard before.
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 16:07:49

i just have to work out how much the VAT % is so I know how much approx ill get back...

The s2 stands out spec wise, but to me I dont think its work the extra €60 odd... ive fiddled with both quite a lot, theres really not much in it for me... If i was going to go dual core, id probably go the sensation. even if it is €20 more
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 17:52:41

the refund places usually take a percentage away (3-4%) but its the same no matter what you buy.

trust me that the extra euros are worth it, especially as you are like me and will probably be considering resale value
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 18:00:42

idumbakumar Posts: > 500

Neo is good choice... It has all the goodies.. It performs well..
--
Posted: 2011-10-22 19:07:22

@masseur
assuming you have done the refund in germany before.. can you remember the % you got back? Because from what I can see online, it can vary?

I think im going to go the arc s...
--
Posted: 2011-10-23 12:34:15

doministry Posts: > 500

If you are not crazy about screen size, get Ray. It's a beautiful phone.
--
Posted: 2011-10-23 14:54:10

@doministry
I love the ray, it feels great, design is fantastic, and it runs very well (from the time ive had with it)...

BUT.... ive had a last minute change of mind and decided to go for the Neo V... Its €247 (around €210 with the VAT refund i think) versus €279 for the standard neo. For me, the decision to get the V over the normal neo is easy, the only difference is the camera, and the camera is something i rarely use. Besides, for the quick happy snap, im sure it will be fine!

Also, it will carry me through until the new ICS devices come out where the hardware is not limited... Looking at you current dual cores!!! By that I mean not being limited in terms of performance, apps etc... ICS has pretty much solved that. Early next yr SE should have their cards laid out in terms of their dual core phone, so again, this is more of a stop gap phone....

Now I just have to decide what colour... Silver, blue, white... I think im leaning towards the white... I originally liked the blue colour in the neo, and still do, as its something different. But at the end of the day, its still quite close to black, and I want something really different.

In saying that, the silver is quite nice to White or silver peeps??
--
Posted: 2011-10-24 01:17:37
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home