Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 281282283 ... 478479480>

djin Posts: > 500

haha no i never noticed that. Thanks for mentioning it. thats pretty clever if they really thought about it.

On a side note,
Adobe will not be supporting flash on jellybean and infact stop its downloads from the google play store. One of the main reasons why I stayed with android is the flash support...
--
Posted: 2012-06-30 10:39:23
Edit : Quote

razec Posts: > 500

Flash is considered dead in smartphones, and is nearing its extinction on desktop computers, games made in flash weren't that good looking either, Youtube itself is using HTML5 as the default player on videos larger than 240p.
--
Posted: 2012-06-30 11:44:17

Ricky D Posts: > 500

Absolutely, I'm a web developer myself and I make all my work in html5 and js now. Flash has been on the decline or years and html5 has put the final nail in the coffin. I suggest if you use services that depend on flash to boycott them and tell them you'll go back when they have a flash alternative (and let them know I'm currently accepting project proposals ).
--
Posted: 2012-06-30 12:22:06

djin Posts: > 500

@RickyD,
Please make the html5 version of southpark web player for me! It sucks not having to view it on my ipad. Idk, i think flash is far from being dead right now. The capabilities of flash 11 is much higher than html5 presently, and even though its on decline its still used in majority! Also, I am not sure if you guys noticed but, Its really annoying browsing on ipad. Heck even esato doesnt show up well on it. I think firefox for android is what I would use until then if I am sticking to android.

I just hope the transitions quick.

@razec,

Oh they started doing that? I was signed up for html5 beta about a year ago, didnt like it because videos would not load in full screen then. So i had disabled youtube from ever going html5.
--
Posted: 2012-06-30 18:00:27

Ricky D Posts: > 500

Do we know anything about the any software or interface goodies in the new Xperias?

@djin
If you'll pay my time and server costs I'll build you whatever you want
--
Posted: 2012-07-01 04:10:54

rizzamarv Posts: 132

Lost my 3 months old xperia s on the day of the update to ICS

Anyway, need replacement (love my arc but just doesn't seem the same after so long time with the S). Now of course I want the next best thing and not another S. So just to sum up we are still expecting 2 high ends from Sony for international use?! Xperia S upgrade and international Hayabusa (Mint). One of them maybe to be announced on july 12?

I really really hope Sony hurrys up a bit this time. Cant wait too long...

--
Posted: 2012-07-01 09:27:31

goldenface Posts: > 500

Sorry to hear you lost your XS.

So we're in Q3 and I'm awaiting for Hayabusa to be announced and Acro S to go on sale. BTW we're still to see our new Qwerty - Xperia Pro replacement too, if hasn't been cancelled that is.
--
Posted: 2012-07-01 17:57:56

kewsvnet Posts: 295

On 2012-07-01 17:57:56, goldenface wrote:
Sorry to hear you lost your XS.

So we're in Q3 and I'm awaiting for Hayabusa to be announced and Acro S to go on sale. BTW we're still to see our new Qwerty - Xperia Pro replacement too, if hasn't been cancelled that is.

no plz don tell me Xperia Pro has been cancelled...i have jus lost my mini pro....and still cant really find anything proper to replace it with...I am really looking forward to a Pro replacement
--
Posted: 2012-07-01 18:32:31

vivftp Posts: > 500

This is a lovely development. Sony is apparently set to aquire Gaikai Inc. for about $380 million USD.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/02/us-gaikai-sony-games-idUSBRE86109P20120702

The beauty of a service like this is that so long as you have a fast enough conneciton, you can play games that your device is nowhere near powerful enough to play. For example, you could play an actual PS3 game on your cell phone via wi-fi!

This deal was rumoured just before E3, but nothing was announced. I'm overjoyed that it's now official and can't wait to see what Sony does with this. The potential is huge for Playstation as a whole, but also for their TV and mobile divisions.

Here's some more info:

Sony Computer Entertainment to Acquire Gaikai Inc., a Leading Interactive Cloud Gaming Company

SCE to Build a Cloud Service Bringing Gaikai's Cloud Based-Streaming Technologies into Its Network Business

TOKYO, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) today announced that it entered into a definitive agreement on June 30, 2012 (Japan Time) to acquire Gaikai Inc., the world's leading interactive cloud-based gaming company, for approximately USD 380 million. Through the acquisition, SCE will establish a new cloud service, ensuring that it continues to provide users with truly innovative and immersive interactive entertainment experiences.

"By combining Gaikai's resources including its technological strength and engineering talent with SCE's extensive game platform knowledge and experience, SCE will provide users with unparalleled cloud entertainment experiences," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "SCE will deliver a world-class cloud-streaming service that allows users to instantly enjoy a broad array of content ranging from immersive core games with rich graphics to casual content anytime, anywhere on a variety of internet-connected devices."

"SCE has built an incredible brand with PlayStation and has earned the respect of countless millions of gamers worldwide," said David Perry, CEO of Gaikai Inc. "We're honored to be able to help SCE rapidly harness the power of the interactive cloud and to continue to grow their ecosystem, to empower developers with new capabilities, to dramatically improve the reach of exciting content and to bring breathtaking new experiences to users worldwide."

Established in 2008 and headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, Gaikai has developed the highest quality, fastest interactive cloud-streaming platform in the world that enables the streaming of quality games to a wide variety of devices via the internet. With this acquisition, SCE will establish a cloud service and expand its network business by taking full advantage of Gaikai's revolutionary technology and infrastructure including data centers servicing dozens of countries and key partners around the world.

The transaction is subject to certain regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.

SCE will continue to aggressively expand a new world of entertainment through the introduction of innovative technologies and the delivery of amazing experiences.

--
Posted: 2012-07-02 09:01:46

Xajel Posts: > 500

I think they should have spend more on R&D so they can have a device that really impress and stands in it's own in order to benefit well from this... imagine this service with a perfect device ? I'm not talking miracles but logical and can be done...
--
Posted: 2012-07-02 09:53:12
Page <  123 ... 281282283 ... 478479480>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home