Esato Mobile
General discussions : Non mobile discussion : farewell and goodbye - until the next life.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > farewell and goodbye - until the next life. Bookmark topic
Page123 ... 222324>

masseur Posts: > 500

3 months ago, in fact a day after my 50th birthday, I was told I had terminal cancer. I went through the usual phases of disbelief, rejection, fear, anger etc that my councillor talked me through but that didn't make acceptance any easier. Some have noticed me posting less and less. Now I have finally accepted my fate and will be heading back to oz soon to die in the sun and surf that I know so well.

Sadly, against my normal calm and peaceful nature, I have been quite bitter lately and have taken that out on family, friends, and even some members here. For that, I appologise to all unresevedly.

I don't know how much time I have (do any of us really know?), but I do feel that I must make the most of what I do have and unfortunately Esato does not feature in my priorities.

so now on this sunny Sunday London afternoon in February 2012 I say goodbye to Esato and commit online hari-kari (self ban)... and if I can offer anything of meaning and importance to you all, the best I can come up with is that it has been fun!... live long and prosper!

Nan, Grandad... I'm scared but I am comforted that I will see you both soon!
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-02-07 00:12 ]

--
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:06:01
Edit : Quote

xell Posts: > 500

I'm shocked.

All I can say is thank you for all the work here and hope you have peaceful last days.
--
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:24:53

goldenface Posts: > 500

It certainly has been fun masseur and this place would undeniably never have been the same without you. I have lost close family and friends through cancer but what I remember is the great times we had together.

You will certainly not be forgotten, not by anyone who has visited Esato.

Farewell - till we all meet again.

--
Posted: 2012-02-26 13:25:42

argiriano Posts: 305

Sadly we often forgot that have to live our lives like we wont be here for long... and actually we never know how much longer we`ll be here. So as I`m extreamly sad to hear this news, even though we don`t know us personally I wish you to have the life you always dream of, to do the things you always want and maybe fear to do, to let your beloved persons how much they mean to you ... and to be satisfied!!!

farewell

--
Posted: 2012-02-26 14:39:09

Marly Posts: > 500

Thanks, masseur, for posting this here, giving us the opportunity to say something, even though it's hard.

Thank you for the effort you've put in keeping Esato the way it is, which is why many of us enjoy coming here, even long after we've switched away from SE to other brands. For many years you've managed to do this on your own, being the only active mod, before tranced joined you.

I sincerely hope your condition will allow you, to make the most of the time you've left, together with your wife, son, daughter, family and friends.

Farewell, we won't forget you.
--
Posted: 2012-02-26 16:27:38

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Oh my god masseur I am so sorry I wanna wish you the best and never any hard feelings I cannot believe it. I feel so sad by this :'(

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-02-26 15:48 ]

--
Posted: 2012-02-26 16:42:00

tranced Posts: > 500

I can't find a way to tell what I'm feeling right now. This feeling has got all over me and the tears are the only way to let you know.

It was really fun to have you with us and all I can wish you is to spend the time you have left in peace. Surrounded by the ones who care about you and like wise.

I will miss you a lot. My prayers will be with you.
--
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:06:00

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

Dear masseur,

I am so shocked to hear this. Esato is like my family and you are one of the chief and important part of my this family. I cant think Esato without you. I always loved you and continue to love you. I am writing these with heavy heart and kinda pain in my mind. My eyes have tears. I love you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you did for Esato and for us. Thank you is such a small word to express our feelings for you. ( i am all chocked up) This is like loosing one of family member.

May God bless you with your remaining life and my sincere pray to God, in next life, pls dont give my dear Masseur to suffer this illness. Next life, he has all right to live happily and have to have life of at least 70+ years. Amen
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2012-02-26 16:49 ]

--
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:38:41

AbuBasim Posts: > 500

It was a very long time ago since I posted here. Kind of drifted off as I have been using non-SE phones for a while.

But coming back and reading this is very sad. Like a very hard slap in the face.

@masseur,
All the best for the time you have left of this life and then in the next. You will be missed and Esato will not be the same without you

None of us know what fate has in store for us. For some, the end comes very suddenly. For others, this comes announced in advance. I don't know if either is better. Perhaps to know when it is going to happen is best, as it gives a chance to put affairs in order.
--
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:48:17

mriley Posts: > 500

So sad to hear this we all wish you the greatest happiness in the world, hope you have peace in oz and enjoy the time you have with family and friends. We will all miss you, esato wont be the same without you
--
Posted: 2012-02-26 17:56:43
Page123 ... 222324>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home