Esato Mobile
Network operators : Europe : T Mobile price hike
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Network operators > Europe > T Mobile price hike Bookmark topic
Bonovox Posts: > 500

Today I received a letter from my provider T mobile stating that they are going to increase my monthly contract price by £1.12. Now,it may not sound like a lot but when I signed up to my contract I signed up to £30 per month that was the deal. So,on their contract it states they have the rights to increase prices subject to blah, blah, blah. Now even though it says they have the right to change price plan line rental,surely this is still wrong?? I sign upto a deal which says I must pay £30 per month for 24 months yet they whenever they feel like it increase my line rental?? How is that fair?? They are in breach surely?? I am paying enough as it is with the £2.50 charge for non direct debit. Surely any increases should be via VAT not them just bumping up what I have to pay. I think this is wrong & am speaking to Ofcom on Monday & also about the unfair penalty charge for non direct debit. I hate direct debits. Can anyone tell me if they know if I have a leg to stand on?? Today their lines were busy with people obviously also annoyed by this too. As the automated voice stated if I am calling regarding the recent price increase. I know companies have to make changes to pricing cos of inflation etc but not something I have signed & agreed to pay a fixed line rental but if they feel like it increase it. Not happy. And has any other T Mobile customers here got one of these letters??
--
Posted: 2012-03-31 21:42:05
Edit : Quote

etaab Posts: > 500

My girlfriend received the same letter from T-Mobile also, except hers is going up 93pence per month.

To be honest ive had contracts for years now and this is the first time ive known one go up in price. Im not saying they havent before but none of mine have and no other friends or family have ever mentioned it either.

I dont think you do have any come back against them since im certain in their small print they would have mentioned their right to increase the price if they give you notice.

If it were me i'd either complain to them, threaten to cancel my contract when its up for renewal or go down the route of lowering my tariff even if it meant i got less free minutes etc, just to spite them.
--
Posted: 2012-03-31 21:59:54

Del Posts: > 500

Yep I got one of those yesterday, mine was going up by 57p I think, the same as my wifes and brotherinlaws, not happy to say the least.
--
Posted: 2012-04-01 11:00:09

How come mine is going up £1.12?? Still gonna speak to Ofcom if I don't get anywhere with this I do want the non direct debit charge lifted. I think it's wrong
--
Posted: 2012-04-01 15:10:52

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2[....]-hit-monthly-customers-282397/
--
Posted: 2012-04-01 16:01:58

etaab Posts: > 500

So if yours is £1.12, then how many months do you have left on your contract and whats the total value. My girlfriends will only be two months so she'll only pay £1.86 extra till she can cancel. Its not a big deal imo. Your £1.12 is only £26.88 over 24 months, im sure in that time the more we all pay in the UK for petrol, cigs, alcohol and the rest we'll have been fleeced much more than that mate.
--
Posted: 2012-04-01 22:02:35

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home