Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : can i use this earphone with my Xperia ray?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > can i use this earphone with my Xperia ray? Bookmark topic
Page <  12

altemyr Posts: > 500

On 2012-04-10 09:45:32, mhyke wrote:
I Agree with you, I have LiveSound and MW600, I use MW600 if I go out, and I use LiveSound at home

I like the Freedom when using MW600, and the In-Ear is securely fit and more comfortable to the ear than LiveSound.

Are we talking about the same type of headset? At least mine is an in-ear design too, very similar to the MW600 earplugs.

BTW, there is a walk-around for the two different connection plug standards: The difference is that the mic and ground connectors are swapped. If the headset has an answering button, it usually is designed so that the mic and gnd are short-circuited when the answering button is pressed. In order to make the phone to detect wether a plug without microphone is connected to the phone (TRS, or three-terminals) or a headset with a mic is connected (TRRS, four terminals), the electronics and logics in the phone tests wether there is a short circuit between those terminals when the plug is connected, and if there is, it disconnects the microphone functionality and uses the phone's internal mic instead.
Consequently, if you hold in the answering button while connecting the headset, and then continue to press and hold the button, the sound should be heard in both ears, since then the left channel will be correctly grounded through the answering button. The answering functionality cannot be used then, of course.
--
Posted: 2012-04-10 11:36:27
Edit : Quote
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home