Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Why is Apple Scared of Sony ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Why is Apple Scared of Sony ? Bookmark topic
Page <  123456>

degraaff Posts: 170

On 2012-06-16 01:10:34, Tsepz_GP wrote:
you'll find many of them have to do with things like how UI reacts when touched, radio tech etc

Shouldn't they be sueing Google (Android OS) instead, then?
--
Posted: 2012-06-16 15:25:21
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

They should, but they know the best way to kill Android is to attack its largest OEMs. Apple, Oracle and Microsoft are trying to make Android expensive to license to OEMs so as to push them away from it.
Oracle have failed in such an epic way that even if they win what is left of the lawsuit the amount of Google's legal fees they have to pay are higher than the maximum they can get out the lawsuit.
Apple, have won some and lost others without any major impact.
Microsoft are the only ones who have really been successful, they already have the majority of Android OEMs paying royalties to them for IP infringement, except Sony, Moto, Huawei and a few others, you best believe they are in talks with the left over companies as we speak.
--
Posted: 2012-06-16 20:08:12

razec Posts: > 500

two more android tablet makers are forced into MS deal

http://news.softpedia.com/new[....]oid-Tablet-Makers-280390.shtml

the way the title above reads gave me a silly impression that MS owns Android instead of Google!?!

and still no Sony, it seems to me now that they're afraid of them since Coby is not exactly a significant company that produces android devices, yet MS is milking from them.
--
Posted: 2012-07-10 17:49:19

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

LG, Asus, Motorola and many others arent in there either, best believe Microsoft are probably in talks with all of them right now, incl. Sony.
i dont get why people here want to believe that these companies are "scared" of Sony.

Apple are targeting successful Android OEMs, paticularly in the US and Europe, namely Samsung and HTC.

Microsoft are after everyone, for royalties, who ever isn't paying now is probably in their hitlist, or in negotiations with them as we speak.
--
Posted: 2012-07-10 18:30:39

Miss UK Posts: > 500

They should just attack Google Headquaters
If they want rid of Android OS so badly

What's the point of targeting Sony or LG, HTC
Or Samsung for a nigly part !!!

Apple and Google are 2 US giants
Sort it out u too !

As far as Sony goes I guess apple have
Some respect or decency to leave them
Alone but as Sony supply most of parts to
Tom, dick or Harry well
--
Posted: 2012-07-10 18:55:29

chunkybeats Posts: 496

This is a poinltess post, its gone to the point one defending the other. Im sick of this stupid petty stuff, especially from the Apple fans they are so annoying and just dont admit that there are better devices out there but hang on wait for the next iphone, yawn gets so boring that old quote! I can see why a lot of people who dont use Apple hate them because of that stupid so called 'we know everything attitude' but you actually dont, if you cant use an Android or Windows phone then you cant claim you know technology!
--
Posted: 2012-07-10 22:43:23

You W00t? you seem to forget I have owned 3x android phones already so stop all this apple sheep peep nonsense
if you hate apple so badly why do you comment on them at all

some of us own these apple phones and like them very much for different things!
who cares if you think there to expensive or if there suing the handset maker you own
big deal its life get on with it nothing here that you say will change anything on that perspective

btw No wonder dear moderator masseur a true apple owner who was fond of apple if I recall hasn't been back
prob saw all this and didn't wanna step foot back through the door again!

Also in a way I seriously think the whole topic of Apple needs to be deleted from this Forum any mention of a apple and Phone wars break's loose btw members, its not fair on people who come here and seek advice reading stuff like this everyone here is ment to be a civilised adult not a 6 year old child!

--
Posted: 2012-07-10 23:46:25

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

As far as I know, Sony holds three or five essential patents regarding mobile phones. Plus, Ericsson has their own. Combined those patents, and it makes Sony (SE) less likely to get sued. And Sony has plenty of patents that can interest Apple into signing cross-licensing agreement, like the in-cell technology for touchscreen and touch sensitive display with haptic feedback. As all previous SE owners who now own iPhone know, the shake-to-change-track feature of Walkman phones can now also be found on iPhones. That makes a perfect example of cross-licensing deal. In addition, Sony phones have distinct style and appearance that you will not mistake them looking like an Apple device.

Moreover, Sony can terminate Apple's license to sell Sony music and movie collections which will impact iTunes greatly. Remember, Sony does not only make electronic products but they make music records and movies as well. So it is really impractical to sue Sony.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-07-10 23:39 ]

--
Posted: 2012-07-10 23:58:05

chunkybeats Posts: 496

@ MissUK

Well isnt Esato originally a Sony Ericsson forum? So seeing Samsung and Apple etc forums popping up takes a while to get used to. Im not bashing you personally or Apple, I just get fed up with the silly trolling. I know you used to own Android and thats cool but I just dont want all this high and mighty talk that comes from Apple and Galaxy S3 owners. It is almost funny but it is also way past its sell by date. I dont own either brands and always prefer SE to any phone. I used to have the iphone 4 but I just simply didnt like it and it also broke which Apple were going to charge me silly money to fix it so I flogged it online and got an Xperia and wow its good to be back again with SE

Hopefully Apple do wake up and make the iphone 5 a great phone and maybe lift the restrictions off it and plus go to a standard connection that we can all share but that is me probably dreaming.
--
Posted: 2012-07-11 03:12:42

I Agree it is a bit repetive and very boring to read especially when you come here and
need advice on something of that manufacturer

know one knows what the next iPhone will hold I guess everyone is abit fed up of the
same design over the last 2 years so lets see if apple will change that slightly

im not going to be happy if they troll up with a 5 inch screen phone though

I think all the S3 owners or samsung owners and apple should just give each other a bear
hug now and stop battling it out over this stuff

cos its simply YAWN stuff now
--
Posted: 2012-07-12 23:52:00
Page <  123456>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home