Esato Mobile
General discussions : Esato forum : Should Esato have a total re-launch?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Esato forum > Should Esato have a total re-launch? Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

emporium Posts: 254

[ This Message was edited by: emporium on 2012-12-22 18:05 ]

--
Posted: 2012-09-28 19:51:54
Edit : Quote

Hobbs Posts: > 500

i like it just the way it is
--
Posted: 2012-09-28 20:06:50

tranced Posts: > 500

Esato was created with the purpose of being a clean and simple site. Not a rocket-science forum
--
Posted: 2012-09-28 21:20:44

etaab Posts: > 500

On 2012-09-28 20:06:50, Hobbs wrote:
i like it just the way it is

Me too. I wish Masseur was still here though. I think the only thing Esato needs is a couple more moderators who're around a bit more often.

--
Posted: 2012-09-28 23:16:16

jagger2k Posts: > 500

I see we have a lot of different opinions. The reason I ask this question is, while the forum is one the the best, its clean, not clutter with millions of flashing sigs etc, but when someone posts anything, it is a while before you get any sort of reply, which leads me to think, not many people are visiting this site.

While I would not want this site to go through a massive transformation, This site has been rocking the same look for YEARS now!!! I mean just look at the logo, its dated and actually looks worse than the original one.

What I am suggesting is keeping the forum how it is, but change the layout so it is more appealing to new members, Do away with the old school content and maybe have apps, wallpapers for current devices.

Lets breathe new lift into this site!!! We need Esato 2012!! not Esato 2006.
--
Posted: 2012-09-28 23:44:26

hihihans Posts: > 500

I guess you're right about the themes and wallpapers, there is hardly any use for that now.
What is that talk about more active mods??? Esato is clean and if we all help Tranced and Laffen a bit, they are more as capable to do the job.
--
Posted: 2012-09-30 23:39:50

chunkybeats Posts: 496

No keep esato as it is. There still people in this world have Sony Ericsson phones, plus it is the only real good resource on the web now for queries and fixes etc

I like the layout and the way things are. Its simple and clean and could be worse it could be like phone arena which just looks like any other site.

I reckon the only real good thing to do is put a little memorial for Masseur as I know he wouldnt want the site to change. Please keep it the same please!
[ This Message was edited by: chunkybeats on 2012-09-30 23:59 ]

--
Posted: 2012-09-30 23:48:31

Ricky D Posts: > 500

I think esato's structure, content and subject is right still. It is still an important resource for Sony Ericsson owners and over time this will become more along the lines of Sony owners but that doesn't mean the site has to change.

The visuals and layouts I've always found to be slightly clunky and there are a few bugs in the forums like after editing a post you're taken back to the first page of that thread instead of the last or where your post is and there is no way to access your sent PMs which can be frustrating to not know exactly what you wrote last time.

If these small bugs are fixed and the graphics and layouts are updated to something more modern, there is no need to change the original purpose of the site.

On things like the themes/wallpapers section, perhaps a section of CyanogenMod themes, or walk-throughs on updating and customizing FWs and ROMs, complete with a glossary of terms explaining 'root' and 'bootloader unlocked' would be cool. To have this placed alongside the current themes section would be fine.

No doubt it will take time and effort to initially write these things, but would be worth it.
--
Posted: 2012-10-01 09:08:07

Indiandawg Posts: > 500

Who are the current Mods of Esato.com?
--
Posted: 2012-10-01 09:51:40

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Razec

Nope, neither one was me, i post under the name Tsepz at GSMArena, although i dont really post there anymore, as its full of ignorant dumbasses.

All

The layout of this site is perfect! I generally use this site to benchmark web browsers as its layout is clean, subtle yet full of info, helps to point out flaws in a browser. Maybe remove the Themes and Wallpapers, thats if there is no download activity around them.

Much like SE's Java phone UI, Esato has a distinct and unique look, i have never come across a similar forum, very well laid out. One big USP of Esato is the photo gallery, and i think if anything must be changed, its that. It must be brought up towards the top and made bigger in the front page so that its one of the 1st things a 1st time visitor sees.

In terms of moderators, IMO, Laffen,Tranced, Goldenface and tranquil are doing a great job, maybe one or two more mods could be added to help out, id vote for Hans and razec. Hans due to his very friendly nature and love for photography and razec due to his very technical knowledge, but thats down to the mods to decide.

Also, i think we need a mod who updates the news more frequently, we used to have a user who did that a few years ago until he went rogue and got banned,lol.

Must say i miss PeterKay, he also kept this site very much alive with his prototype SEs, i'll never forget how he teased us especially with the SE P700 which became the P1i.
--
Posted: 2012-10-01 10:57:10
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home