Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : HTC One X+ official
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC One X+ official Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

randomuser Posts: > 500

On 2012-10-03 21:06:36, etaab wrote:
Sony's 2012 models are nice to look at, if a little square but horrible to the touch imo.

On 2012-10-02 22:54:32, djin wrote:
I think sony should really consider purchasing htc.

Are you crazy ? HTC make much better phones now. If anything, HTC should buy Sony !!

Mind you, they've both made massive losses this past twelve months so one day we might see one or the other drop out completely.

I hope that was sarcasm right there. You do realize there is no way HTC can even dream of buying Sony ???? At least not in the next 50 years.
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 12:41:49
Edit : Quote

djin Posts: > 500

On 2012-10-03 21:06:36, etaab wrote:
Sony's 2012 models are nice to look at, if a little square but horrible to the touch imo.

On 2012-10-02 22:54:32, djin wrote:
I think sony should really consider purchasing htc.

Are you crazy ? HTC make much better phones now. If anything, HTC should buy Sony !!

Mind you, they've both made massive losses this past twelve months so one day we might see one or the other drop out completely.

HTC always made great phones. Its in the recent years that its in the light. If you have to ask that question, you could very well ask htc's ceo and really you expect a mobile company to buy out an electronic giant? If so, For what? Htc tvs?
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 14:52:26

tranced Posts: > 500

Guys, don't forget this is about HTC's One X+. You can open a thread if you want to discuss this
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 14:54:27

@djin

They can't even dream of doing that. HTC's total assets = 6 billion. They can barely manage to buy Sony Mobile Communications, forget Sony Corporation.
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 16:50:49

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Htc buying Sony wouldnt make sense, if anything it would sink Htc down even faster as it would add unnecessary bulk, they are in a great position, better than Sony's atleast.

Anyway, i wish HTC had launched this at MWC, the 64GB built-in mem and 1.7GHz CPU would've had differentiated it better and made it more of a serious competitor to the S3 and iPhone5. Htc have the UI and now even the optics, just needed that extra boost in the hardware.

If i didnt know about the A15 based Androids coming next year, and possibility of multiple Nexus phones i'd want the One X+, its a great package, and stands its ground well next to S3 and iPhone5.
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 18:59:17

Is it April 1 today?

I really wonder, after reading some of the comments here. Like how HTC should buy Sony. Just like how pigs can carry an elephant on their back.

HTC shares have less than halved this year and all HTC investors are leaving the company. It's in a worse state than its ever been in and some guys saying HTC doing great.

Closed down many regional units, financial troubles, even seeking government help to bail out. Sure, HTC is indeed doin great this year.
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 19:30:53

etaab Posts: > 500

On 2012-10-04 12:41:49, randomuser wrote:

I hope that was sarcasm right there

Heh yeah it was. Obviously you didnt pick up on it after you mentioned April 1st.

No basically i meant in response to dijn saying Sony should consider buying HTC how ridiculous that would be for the simple fact HTC (in my opinion) HTC make better phones and therefore deserve to do better and in turn be the ones doing any buying out. Of course thats all fiction because its not going to happen.

The reality is, Sony and HTC are both bleeding cash. So bad in fact that i fear for the Playstation 4. I'd hate to have to buy a bloody Xbox for my next generation console.

I truly hope HTC turn their fortunes around. I think for every happy Galaxy S3 owner like me, there could also be a happy One X customer. Sadly thats not true.

@ Tsepz_GP - you obviously know much more than i do regarding Android chipsets etc, but surely HTC didnt have a 1.7ghz cpu even ready for the market so early in the year ?
--
Posted: 2012-10-04 22:53:05

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

I know you're a big SE/Sony fan randomuser, but lets be real, compared to Sony (in terms of mobile)Htc is in a better state; having a lot more market share despite having less phones on the market at higher prices (globally and in the US), that tells you that there is a much stronger demand for them, if they could just get their marketing and a few parts of HW right they have a much better chance than Sony. HTC are probably the only other company other than Nokia who have the potential to unsettle Apple and Samsung at this point, so yes, as compared to Sony is doing great.

Anyway, we're OT as Tranced said.

Anyone getting this?

EDIT:

Etaab

What i mean is that Htc could've done more at MWC, but they expected the whole quad-core +1 idea in Tegra3 to take the One X to success, unfortunetly it didnt, when you talk CPU all the average user hears is 1.7GHz and thinks 'Ahh, its faster!!' they dont hear dual/quad etc...core and all that detail. The One S in some countries launched with a 1.7GHz S4 Krait around the time S3 arrived.

The 64GB memory, a higher clock speed CPU, and the Camera features -all combined would've been more effective then.

And to think, both Htc and Sony had PLENTY of time before S3 and iPhone5 launched to cash in, Apple and Samsung practicaly said 'Here, you got a head start' yet neither managed to take advantage. Baffles me.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-10-04 22:12 ]

--
Posted: 2012-10-04 22:56:05

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Looks like a great device from HTC !

I wish the tide could turn and Samsung would
Fail HTC are the better half still for me!
--
Posted: 2012-10-05 07:37:02

Bonovox Posts: > 500

In terms of software and specs Sony is still behind the competition. HTC are ahead in many ways. Much as I do love them Sony phones, I sometimes wonder why Sony are so far behind. What do I mean?? Well,the likes of HTC release new phones with ICS and Sony released many with GB and some have ONLY just recently been updated to ICS. Even lesser known manufacturers like Huawei,,ZTE released ICS handsets before Sony. Also,although it does not matter having quad core,why can't Sony release one now?? HTC have brilliant software and Sense 4 is excellent as I have used it. Sony are still playing catch up which imo is a shame
--
Posted: 2012-10-05 10:19:00
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home