Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : HTC announces a 5-inch Android smartphone with a Full HD display resolution
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > HTC announces a 5-inch Android smartphone with a Full HD display resolution Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

Yakkaimono Posts: 425

Well their cameras didn't use to be any good a few years ago but then they upped their game on that in the last 2 years and the results are very good.
But recently they are taking some weird decisions in my opinion. A phone with specs like that and only 16GB non removal storage is very weird. Even the One X had 32GB.

I think they are just trying to capitalize on the upcoming holidays before they release a similar phone as a successor to the One X with eventually a bigger battery and more storage next year.
--
Posted: 2012-11-18 20:47:29
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Im loving its design, Htc's 2012 range all look great actually, very clean and simplistic industrial design going on.
--
Posted: 2012-11-18 21:46:59

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Nice video,Engadget

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tDxz6rhkoWY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtDxz6rhkoWY&gl=GB
--
Posted: 2012-11-18 23:31:00

etaab Posts: > 500

The more i use my SGS3 and play with other peoples Sense skinned HTC phones i just think its about time HTC lightened up their skinning of Android.

Touchwhiz is better imo, they need to give a little more pure Android look and feel and i think then HTC might even compete with Samsung. Sense feels bloated when i use it.

Oh and a name change might do them good. Lets face it, HTC sounds corporate just like LG, ZTE etc.

People like Apple and Samsung because probably, subliminally they have proper names like a friend. Not an abreviation of three words.
--
Posted: 2012-11-19 21:59:44

High Tech Computers
--
Posted: 2012-11-19 22:20:38

etaab Posts: > 500

Do you not think its a good point though ? HTC sounds face-less, corporate, business jargon.

--
Posted: 2012-11-20 13:01:48

admad Posts: > 500

Battery test shows pretty good results. Looks like they managed to upgrade the screen and leave battery usage at the same level, I must say I'm impressed. It has practically the same results as SGS III, whilve having twice as much pixels to feed.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-[....]ry-tests-heres-what-it-scored/
--
Posted: 2012-11-21 17:44:31

Here is the full review

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_droid_dna-review-853p3.php
--
Posted: 2012-11-21 19:52:50

djin Posts: > 500

Very impressive batt results! I hope it releases with sd card internationally soon
--
Posted: 2012-11-22 01:35:32

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2012-11-19 21:59:44, etaab wrote:
The more i use my SGS3 and play with other peoples Sense skinned HTC phones i just think its about time HTC lightened up their skinning of Android.

Touchwhiz is better imo, they need to give a little more pure Android look and feel and i think then HTC might even compete with Samsung. Sense feels bloated when i use it.

Oh and a name change might do them good. Lets face it, HTC sounds corporate just like LG, ZTE etc.

People like Apple and Samsung because probably, subliminally they have proper names like a friend. Not an abreviation of three words.

WHAT? Samsung is a corporate business & name (they do more than Smartphones, chips, storage/memory, fridges, washer/dryers, trucks, etc. they're the Korean Honda & Panasonic rolled into 1). Samsung is now a household brand so its easier to accept ... that comes with commercial success and end user recommendations. Apple is a common word in the english language along with a minimal reference to science (gravity) and religion (Christianism forbidden fruit). But I won't go further about either being accepted more than the other.

I agree about the "Sense UI" though ... HTC has been at that basic layout for over 4yrs now and debuted first on Windows Smartphone Edition 6.1/6.5 ... its getting old and needs to be replaced ASAP. Great hardware here but its only on Verizon so its not too useful to me.
--
Posted: 2012-11-22 06:14:52
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home