Esato Mobile
General discussions : Tablets : Apple IPad 4 Thread And Discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Tablets > Apple IPad 4 Thread And Discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2013-01-30 12:45:36, skblakee wrote:
Is there a major difference between the iPad 3 and the iPad 4?

Thanks

Wow, sorry for such a late reply, if it still matters the differences are:

-Apple A6X Dual-core CPU with the PowerVR SGX554MP4 Quad-core GPU -currently the most powerful GPU found in a mobile device, this helps drive the huge Retina Display much faster and smoother than the A5X CPU found in the iPad3, this CPU is also built on the 32nm process, making it a lot more efficient, and causing less heat up than what the 3 did
-iPad4 allows Face Time over cellular networks.
-iPad4 supports HD720P video with its front camera vs. 480P in the iPad3.
-iPad4 comes with the new Lightning port just like the iPhone5.

Very minor differences, but if you are a power user and want an iPad that will take everything you throw at it without breaking a sweat? Go for the iPad4, it remains the most powerful tablet around thanks to the A6X.

--
Posted: 2013-03-13 18:49:49
Edit : Quote

Battery life is RIDICULOUSLY awesome on this beast!

I wonder if there is any other tablet in general that can manage the sort of battery life an iPad4 does, it is amazing.
--
Posted: 2013-04-10 19:35:27

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Crickey it out performs my iPhone then lol
--
Posted: 2013-05-29 01:46:23

FINALLY!! The best tablet around has received what is probably one of the best mapping apps...again I've been waiting for this.

Google Maps for iPad is here, with indoor navigation and more

Google Maps for iOS 2.0 is here, and it brings support for the Apple iPad and the Apple iPad mini. In addition, there are some new features that allow the app to play on a level playing field with the Android version. That means that Google Maps for iOS now includes indoor maps and navigation along with the new "Explore" feature. According to Google, this is "a new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep."

Similar to a third party app like Yelp, "Explore" on Google Maps will now make recommendations based on location data, and presents a 5-star rating system based on Zagat's popular rankings. In addition, users will be able to enter their own ratings and reviews. Check out the slideshow below to see Google Maps for iOS 2.0, which is a free download from the Apple App Store.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]or-navigation-and-more_id45392
--
Posted: 2013-07-17 18:21:07

hihihans Posts: > 500

"indoor navigation" ?
I know where the door is
--
Posted: 2013-07-17 23:43:00

Go home Hans, you're drunk! lol
--
Posted: 2013-07-18 00:29:51

skblakee Posts: > 500

The iPad 4 is the only product from Apple that I really love. Fast, smooth, efficient and effective.
--
Posted: 2013-07-18 00:49:09

Same here SK

I remember being asked if I wanted it, decided to say yes, and it's been such a fantastic device from battery life, media, all kinds of content (books, magazines, guides), to helping me with my uni assignments, it's been awesome I barely of ever use my Galaxy Tab10.1 anymore, think I should just give it to a relative, have no use for it.

If its one area where iOS destroys everything that's trying to compete its in the tablet scene, I simply cannot fault this, the sheer amount of content optimized just for iPad eclipses everything else, it's actually quite scary, the way app/game devs and website developers treat it, you'd swear its the only tablet that exists.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-07-18 16:37 ]

--
Posted: 2013-07-18 17:34:47

skblakee Posts: > 500

Tsepz- Yes the iPad gets attention as if it is the only tablet available. I keep wondering why Samsung does not make a better tablet with all the firepower that they have that is, fiances, software and hardware manufacturing ability and better compete. I bought a couple of the Galaxy tabs and I was never impressed with either the feel or software of them. They simply felt like fake stuff.

The iPad 4 feels like the real deal and is ahead of the competition when it comes to content and ease of use. I have an Acer A500 that feels like a joke. Months go sometimes before I remember it.
--
Posted: 2013-07-18 19:16:24

It's a tough one SK, I also don't understand why Android tablets just aren't as polished as the iPad or atleast as polished as their Smartphone counterparts, even the Nexus 7, the most pure Android tablet is just not up to scratch.

Anyway, finally got a data sim for my iPad4, so now I can use it more freely out the house. Jumping between WiFi and HSPA+ does take its toll on battery though. Used it heavily and got 4days:

Still thoroughly enjoying this beast, I just wish Vine and Instagram would make dedicated apps for it, as I can imagine they would make some incredible apps and it would be even more enjoyable to watch Vines and Instagram pics and vids on this gorgeous display.
--
Posted: 2013-07-31 19:05:35
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home