Esato Mobile
General discussions : Tablets : Apple IPad 4 Thread And Discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Tablets > Apple IPad 4 Thread And Discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  12345>

difenbaker Posts: > 500

On 2014-10-03 23:08:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Updated to iOS 8 a few days ago, 8.0.2 to be exact, still running nicely, although I do notice some dropped frames every now and then, much like in the early builds of iOS 7, so looks like Apple will be doing some refining over the next few months.

Overall?
Very happy with my iPad 4, can't belive I got this thing in late 2012, it's over 1.5years old and still running very well and has proven to be quite an important tool for me at work in terms of calender, web browsing, gaming when bored etc... Especially with its ludicrously long battery life. I hate Microsoft Windows and my work laptop is using W7, so it is very refreshing each time I look at my iPad, as that is what I use to keep up with meetings and so on, the ios calender is just amazing, how quickly it updates itself when meetings get cancelled and rearranged etc.. True workhorse although as with anything in iOS it has its limits, but what it does it does beautifully. I'm loving the extensions in iOS8 and looking forward to what more we will get as developers update their apps and add more iOS 8 features.

Only thing making me want to upgrade to iOS 8xx.. is the stupid way iOS 712 handles wallpapers.
Anyway, Id like to ask... is your 4 on 802 jailbroken already? Thanks.

cheers!
--
Posted: 2014-10-04 09:39:19
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2014-10-04 09:39:19, difenbaker wrote:

On 2014-10-03 23:08:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Updated to iOS 8 a few days ago, 8.0.2 to be exact, still running nicely, although I do notice some dropped frames every now and then, much like in the early builds of iOS 7, so looks like Apple will be doing some refining over the next few months.

Overall?
Very happy with my iPad 4, can't belive I got this thing in late 2012, it's over 1.5years old and still running very well and has proven to be quite an important tool for me at work in terms of calender, web browsing, gaming when bored etc... Especially with its ludicrously long battery life. I hate Microsoft Windows and my work laptop is using W7, so it is very refreshing each time I look at my iPad, as that is what I use to keep up with meetings and so on, the ios calender is just amazing, how quickly it updates itself when meetings get cancelled and rearranged etc.. True workhorse although as with anything in iOS it has its limits, but what it does it does beautifully. I'm loving the extensions in iOS8 and looking forward to what more we will get as developers update their apps and add more iOS 8 features.

Only thing making me want to upgrade to iOS 8xx.. is the stupid way iOS 712 handles wallpapers.
Anyway, Id like to ask... is your 4 on 802 jailbroken already? Thanks.

cheers!

What bothered you about how iOS 7 handled Wallpapers? As I don't see much difference in 8, so the issue may still be there.

Nope, I have never Jailbroken my iPad tbh, just seems like a hassle to JB and then go back to stock when an update arrives.
--
Posted: 2014-10-04 10:21:38

As much as I may criticize iOS, here I am on what will be my 3rd full year with the iPad 4, still use it daily, although it certainly doesn't match my Note 4 in functionality and power, but it is still running beautifully. Thought I would have replaced it by now but still not, it's going to get iOS 9, so why bother?

I would love a Samsung Galaxy Note12.2, but it still seems as though Android tablets are the worst treated when it comes to updates as well as software tailored for them, this makes me rather caucious of going back to an Android tablet and at the same time, the latest iPad Air 2 is not exactly a major step up, although it will get multiwindow, but that doesn't warrant spending so much more. I hope the rumors of a 12inch iPad Pro are true, seems like I will have this iPad up until late next year though at this rate.
--
Posted: 2015-06-13 13:30:54

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Ipad air 2 has 2 GB of Ram as well and more powerful hardware. But I agree that depending on what you are using it for it might not warrant buying of a new one
--
Posted: 2015-06-13 21:00:33

On 2015-06-13 21:00:33, aussieland1 wrote:
Ipad air 2 has 2 GB of Ram as well and more powerful hardware. But I agree that depending on what you are using it for it might not warrant buying of a new one

That's just the thing, the Air 2 has more powerful hardware, but due to how well optimized games are in iOS (I game a little on my iPad), games like Asphalt 8 still run beautifully on my 4, despite all the updates the game gets, GT Racing 2 as well, so I feel no real difference in the performance between my iPad 4 and my bosses Air 2.

I think the main reason to go for the Air 2 is if you use the iPad to web browse a lot as Safari tends to run out of RAM quickly and that leads to Tab reloads if you own an iPad before the Air 2, but I use my Note 4 for web browsing most of the time now.

I use my iPad mainly for mobile banking, games, SatNav,calendar at work, and the odd note taking if I need to but my Note 4 has mostly taken over that to.

The iPad has been a great way of also keeping up with what is going on in iOS, so I think I will get another when I feel the need to replace the 4.
--
Posted: 2015-06-14 20:14:15

And iPad air2 has a CPU that is 64bit compatible as well and also it is a lot lighter than the iPad 4. I agree that iPad 4 runs more than adequate for most users but I still think that iPad air 2 is an worthy upgrade
--
Posted: 2015-06-14 20:32:24

Fair enough.
Tend to forget about the whole 64bit thing to be honest, definitely futureproofs the Air 2 for quite some time along with the 2GB RAM.

--
Posted: 2015-06-14 22:15:20

I think that 64bit îs moare relevant for iOS at the moment as Apple is enforcing the 64 bit compatible apps from this year i think. https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=04082015a

But i also see your point about iPad 4 running more than adequately .....
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2015-06-14 22:08 ]

--
Posted: 2015-06-14 22:54:03

One thing I really like about Apple is how stern they are with devs, I'd love to know what percent of Android apps are even optimized to take advantage of the CPU dnd GPU cores of the powerful SoCs we are spoilt with.

--
Posted: 2015-06-15 00:36:41

I agree tsepz although android improved a lot in this regards it still lags behind Apple. I am curious if I will be feeling the 64bitveffect now that the updates from June should include 64bit.....
--
Posted: 2015-06-16 00:37:20
Page <  12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home