Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Is Meego really dead??
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Is Meego really dead?? Bookmark topic
Page <  12

cu015170 Posts: > 500

On 2013-12-23 07:35:30, Supa_Fly wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is that sailfish has a real chance.

I would say its a rather slim chance.. if any
--
Posted: 2013-12-23 20:46:07
Edit : Quote

G3ORGE Posts: 59

On 2013-12-23 07:35:30, Supa_Fly wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is that sailfish has a real chance.

I like your optimism Fly, but I'll have to disagree.

Developing applications is getting more expensive with more resources needed. If I was a developer, I would look at the established bases with a huge customer base first. Android and iOS. That's two platforms that I have to develop for and support, now I might add the third one, but after that I am not taking any chances or time with more platforms, especially new ones. It's a chicken and the egg effect. Devs want to make money and don't want to develop for a new platform, on the other hand a platform cannot grow without developers supporting it.

This is evidenced very clearly by Microsoft having to pay to have applications ported to Windows Phone. Who will develop applications for a completely new platform with an unproven and an unstable developer behind it.

The market supports a maximum of two, maybe three platforms, maybe. There is no place for Sailfish and other hobby projects when there are three of the biggest players involved in the game.
--
Posted: 2013-12-25 20:32:57

hihihans Posts: > 500

Sailfish can run Android apps. Problem solved.
--
Posted: 2013-12-26 00:02:33

alenn Posts: > 500

I just hope Jolla gets to somewhere with all this. LG is ressurecting webOS in smart TV's. At least something.
I wish Nokia turn to a better page mobile phone wise after 2016.
--
Posted: 2013-12-29 17:15:02
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home