Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Blackberry : BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE Bookmark topic
Page <  1234567>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

BGR has reviewed the Q10, they are not totally impressed and suggest the Z10 over it if you don't really need physical keys:
http://bgr.com/2013/04/23/blackberry-q10-review-459545/

Must say, I sort of like the Q10's look, it's like a sort of hybrid between a Torch9810 and Bold9900, but with BB10, I personally see the Q10 doing better down here in SA if priced correctly, as most people who go for BB down here want a keyboard.
--
Posted: 2013-04-26 10:51:55
Edit : Quote

Dups! Posts: > 500

Don't bother with BGR, Tsepz_GP

They really are not worth my time in terms of reviews. I don't know wher I read the most objective review of this phone, it touched on the negatives and positives in a fair manner. The other review was from Crackberry which did a pretty decent job.

Like you wrote previously, and I have always pointed that out from the start, this is going to be a very, very competent and powerful OS once BlackBerry unleashes its full potential in the coming months.

I am really thinking I am more at home with the physical keypad than the virtual one on the Z10.

I am waiting to see the pricing from Cell C cause that's where I am getting this or the Z10.

I just can't believe how hooked I am on the physical QWERTY keypad, I was so sure that the Z10 was going to be the one but now I am not so anymore.

Damn you BlackBerry!!!
--
Posted: 2013-04-26 17:56:44

Against my better judgement I went ahead and read the so-called review on BGR and I wasn't surprised.

That is not a review, it is shocking to say the least. Seems to me this person just wasn't interested to review the phone.

One of the reasons I still rate GSMarena the best phone review site around. BGR is almost like Phonearena who do a shoddy job in reviewing their phones.

If Eldar didn't go insane Mobile-Review would be an equal of GSMarena.

Aaah well, I will wait for GSMarena to review this phone.
--
Posted: 2013-04-26 18:23:13

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Good to see your feedback guys.

Some report shows that todays' limited release of the Q10 sold out 2000 units in 90minutes, with a lineup before and after for those hoping to get priority status on restocking shipments. I'm seriously surprised and impressed.

http://t.crackberry.com/selfridges-crowd-blackberry-q10

Selfridges sells out BlackBerry Q10 in 90 minutes

http://t.crackberry.com/selfr[....]-out-blackberry-q10-90-minutes
&
http://seekingalpha.com/artic[....]tes-at-selfridges?source=kizur

According to Seeking Alpha, Selfridges completely sold out of Q10's today. They had 2,000 units at the start and ran through their entire supply in just 90 minutes -- that's about 22 phones per minute. We do have to factor in that there were multiple people buy more than one device at a time, but it's still a pretty impressive number.

Even after the stock was depleted, there was still a lineup of people hoping to secure a device for tomorrow when stock is (hopefully) replenished. When a manager was asked how sales compared to the BlackBerry Z10, she said it was "leagues beyond anything they had seen."

interesting times ahead for BlackBerry ... we'll see if sales like this with much more significant numbers occurs in Canada May 1st, and in the USA, a critical market in terms of perception, repeats this end of May.

--
Posted: 2013-04-27 03:58:28

Thanks for the info, Hardened!

That is a good start for BlackBerry, I hope it carries on to all other regions.
--
Posted: 2013-04-27 10:10:17

I'm seeing great improvements in this second build leaked on 10.1 for Z10!

Adobe Reader - a component that seems to be built into the OS couldn't update on the first leak I had, which was a serious pain in the arse, now updates - actually all recent apps that have been updated for dual support for Q10 & Z10 (with 10.1 support) update.

BlackBerry Link - the desktop application has also bug fixes is more stable in Windows, and on OSX brings support to access files on your Mac using your BB ID (I've yet to play with this, been trying to study Espanol the past weekend). Text selection seems to be a lot easier to navigate than in 10.0.1, and is more powerful. Launching apps before always seemed very fast vs the competition (less than 1 second except for large games over 1GB) and closing was less than 1 second as well, seems to be a bit faster - very odd for BlackBerry to improve upon this yet they did).

I highly recommend a Class 10 MicroSD card - such as the SanDisk Ultra 64GB, format it first in your BB10 device of choice before first use - as accessing files or uploading to sites or cloud services is damn fast. I used to think that imbedded storage like iPhone and a few others was better than MicroSD storage - I no longer believe that!

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Mouse, and TrackPad support the BB10 natively - including gestures for navigation the OS, browser, closing and launching apps.

PS: I've read and seen screenshots over at crackberry site - who's users and threads seem to have matured a LOT lately from the days of blind & dumb-fanboyism (there is still a large percentage there unfortunately) - that BB10 supports Python, Ruby and a few other code languages although some daemons or whatever are accessible yet non-responsive due to being locked down or security concerned. I don't understand it fully but glad to know its there for the day I can actually understand or use it.
--
Posted: 2013-04-30 05:02:29

DSF Posts: > 500

Hey Hardened,

How's the in-app performance (fast scrolling, navigating)? For eg in facebook, twitter, etc.
How much it takes facebook to load?
How does the device perform with multiple opened apps?

Thanks!
--
Posted: 2013-04-30 09:47:47

On 2013-04-30 09:47:47, DSF wrote:
Hey Hardened,

How's the in-app performance (fast scrolling, navigating)? For eg in facebook, twitter, etc.
How much it takes facebook to load?
How does the device perform with multiple opened apps?

Thanks!

I'll update this particular post around 6pm EST today, rushing to go out for an interview.

1. 8 Applications can run simultaneously and co-exist in multitasking via the Active Frames. Many apps update the activaty in these Active Frames, similar but with more information (depending on the coder/team of the created app) than WindowsPhone 8.

2. Performance is FAST in running applications, credit to the QNX-microkernel managing tasks/processess/ram/ and calls to resources. Switching in and out is NOT slow at all.

FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Box and DropBox all perform outstandingly - havent' seen any performance issues at all. Easiest to show you within a video.

Have any other questions before I record the video to show you?

PS: May 1st, tomorrow EST the BB Q10 launches carrier wide in Canada. Finally some Canadian love from a smartphone manufacturer - doubtful its ever happened since the original BB 850 pager back on Mobitex networks lol. Anyone here on Esato long enough to have had kids after they joined most likely this 850 device is older than their children (i.e. my son is 15, the 850 pre-dates him by almost half his age lol).
--
Posted: 2013-04-30 19:39:15

DSF Posts: > 500

Hardened thanks!

Another thing that I would like to know is how much (time) the browser is kept in memory whilst using other apps.
For eg: on Android I open about 6-8 tabs, i go and open for example Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and when I go back to browser the (current) tab reloads. The browser is closed with a saved state. This is mega annoying when you have a lot of tabs. This happens so frequently on my S2 with 1GB RAM while it's so much better on my iPhone 5.

Thanks and waiting for your video when you got some free time

PS: do some fast scrolling in multiple apps, such as Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Browser and other native apps (that doesn't show sensitive data). Try to open native apps (such as dialer).
Also if you could do the tests after o soft reset (reboot).
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2013-04-30 20:29 ]

--
Posted: 2013-04-30 21:23:32

Deleted - posted during recording to see if update in BB10 Browser while logged in would update/fresh/reload. Lost opportunity.
[ This Message was edited by: Hardened on 2013-05-01 01:04 ]

--
Posted: 2013-05-01 01:27:49
Page <  1234567>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home