Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Blackberry : BlackBerry Q10 Thread And Discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > BlackBerry Q10 Thread And Discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

fbloise Posts: > 500

I have both the Q10 and the Z10... Q10 battery life is top notch.
--
Posted: 2013-06-14 08:52:36
Edit : Quote

Dups! Posts: > 500

Getting mine next week, my network is slowly in getting it. Strange that they were quick to get the Z10 but are slow at getting this beauty.
--
Posted: 2013-06-14 19:48:43

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Congrats Dups!!
Hope you enjoy it as much as you did your P1.
--
Posted: 2013-06-14 21:42:37

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2013-06-14 19:48:43, Dups! wrote:
Getting mine next week, my network is slowly in getting it. Strange that they were quick to get the Z10 but are slow at getting this beauty.

Congrats Dups! One thing you should do is register for BB Beta Zone for the BBM Channels and get the auth code and installation (Windows required as the file is an .exe). You're going to love it. Secondly add us in case you got questions or want to check out BBM Video & ScreenSharing.

Next,
Register your existing or for a new Box.net account on the device - 10GB FREE! The app is native and integrates VERY well for auto uploads (either on cellular or wlan; you choose).

BB10.1 Caveats:
Forget everything you know about BBOS (legacy devices)!
1 alarm only.
POP3 (and most IMAP) email accounts is 30 days email only. This includes GMail regardless of how you set it up previously.
- ActiveSync (even Outlook.com) gets forever email history including search.

BB10.2
- 30 days email will no longer be an issue/restriction
- priority email is there
- BB Maps gets landscape orientation.
- JB4.2.2 runtime support - hello PlayStore GChrome mobile etc etc.
- Settings will be native.
- rumor & large request to get the Browser to be native (QML code) but I fear this will screw with performance and compatibility since its already in HTML5 code entirely and improvements keep occuring in the leaks of BB10.1 its insanely fast!
- Low light setting in the camera
- MirrorCast support (hardware is already supports this).
- HDMI 1.4 support (1.2 I think is current).
- BBWorld 'pin' apps to view later for review or download vs having to search for them again.
- BBWorld gets landscape support
- PRAYING that Z10 gets homescreen landscape support; and that BB launches the landscape media dock!
- BlackBerry add a Screen Capture screenshot API both in native and Cascades. This just allows apps to save a picture of any screen and save it to the camera roll. Currently this works with the volume button screenshot keys (for BB10 itself, not 3rd party apps directly) but developers can add their own screenshot options. They can also choose to save the screenshot in JPG or PNG formats.
- Peripheral Discovery Library” that allows you app to get notified and grab information for any devices connected over USB, Bluetooth, DisplayPort, & HDMI. BB doesn't support DisplayPort (I'm not aware of adapters from HDMI to DP, so maybe a new hero device will use this?), which may enable USB Host !!
- many many more features; especially many that we've come to love in BBOS that is currently missing in BB10.

PS: the tiered and tiered location launch of Z10 and Q10 was deliberate 2 fold. One to allow for production to ramp up and accurately without loosing on costs for manufacturing (supply chain is kept very tight to control costs), and also to support the larger markets that BB does hold largest share and brand name recognition in a positive light. This is why the Q10 launched on Monday in the USA - very late, since they only have 4% marketshare there and pretty much are hated on every which way until Sunday, even by grandmothers, lol. Those whining about USA release date foor Q10 are those that are true diehard fans/users that want nothing else, literary. Heck Pakistan got the Q10 weeks before USA did, so it shows you where the demand is greater. 2014 2nd Quarter results on June 28th I believe, estimates of 5 million devices, and 3 major analysts or firms rate as a buy, up from sell just 1 qtr ago. Keep in mind Z10 had less than 30 days for full global launch for it to really show up on this quarter and the Q10 even less than that so I'm very surprised, and hoping to see it progress. However with HTC One and SGS sales the cloud still looms. Mi na care though.

--
Posted: 2013-06-15 03:24:54

Dups! Posts: > 500

Thanks, Tsepz_GP and Hardened!

I am looking forward to this phone. I tried to like typing on the full-touch phones but it is just not my cup of tea, I hope BlackBerry makes it and keeps making the Q- series cause I don't see myself using the full-touch phones unless they are the only option.

Thanks, also, for the tips- will get to them when I get my phone. I also love the swift manner in which BlackBerry updates the BB10 OS/ phones.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2013-06-15 04:57 ]

--
Posted: 2013-06-15 05:55:12

Indeed I too am liking the swift updates ... not to mention the co-ordinated Canadian launch of 10.1 as soon as CEO mentioned its available, people across 5 providers here began to get an update in Notifications area of The Hub stating new OS was available for download. Very cool actually, and it shows what BB has in terms of its NOC and working well with providers.
--
Posted: 2013-06-16 18:15:02

Bonovox Posts: > 500

I like this model but is so pricey at £529 on O2 for example
--
Posted: 2013-06-18 05:17:00

On 2013-06-18 05:17:00, Bonovox wrote:
I like this model but is so pricey at £529 on O2 for example

I have to agree about the price ... that's what happens when competition continually lacks due to lack of demand for competitions lack lustre products.

BB10.2 will make the price worth while that you can fully trust from even a critical BB user.
--
Posted: 2013-06-22 07:02:11

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Just picked this up for one of the biggest BB fans I know, my Mom. She has both a BB9900 Bold and iPhone4S, got very sick of the 9900 as it became faulty so here we are, hopefully she enjoys it.

I like the build of the Q10, very compact with a nicely sized display, the kevlar back cover is nice and grippy and the phone is lite with nicely rounded edges so it's top notch in terms of ergonomics, the keyboard is nothing short of brilliant, very tactile , keys are well space and nicely raised. As for BB10, it is more intuitive than OS7, but not to the same degree as Android and iOS. At the end of the day, this is a great business phone for those who spend a lot of time writing Emails and also for, IM, Tweeting and FB. It is not a media powerhouse like its Android competitors, and it doesn't try to be.

As I type this it is running an update that is just over 220mb

Some pics of it and next to my GS4:

--
Posted: 2013-09-07 14:40:24

Media powerhouse? BB10 can play quite a lot of media codes out if the box and the sound is 192khz off the dsp on chip, which bests the iPhone 5 quite considerably.

Have her use the switch device wizard using BlackBerry Link software and also get used to the new Kb command shortcuts, there is a lot more than on OS7 and yet some are gone.

If you get the chance upgrade to the recent leak for Bb10.2 it's really nice and make using the software that much more intuitive.

Of note only 1 alarm is in 10.1, a very sad oversight. Bb10.2 resolved this. Also note IMAP/POP3 emails only get 30 days history accessible even with remote search!

If you need a hand BBM me before next week and I can video chat and show on screen what issues or help you may need.

Cheers,
Dono.
--
Posted: 2013-09-08 00:44:33
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home