Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > HTC announces HTC One 4.7-inch flagship smartphone Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 242526>

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

If im not mistaken Huawei or ZTE are the 4th largest phone maker after Samsung, Nokia and Apple, cant remember, but the Chinese have definetly begun taking over, i dont know if they can take down any of the big 3 though.
--
Posted: 2013-02-20 21:58:47
Edit : Quote

etaab Posts: > 500

Heh, personally id never buy a ZTE or Huawei. Both companies have been known to install spyware in their products according to news sources so I could never trust them with a device which is so smart.

Regarding the new One.

I think its great. Its got a fantastic chipset which is faster than Sony's new phone before its even been released. I can list a few points of why I prefer the One over the Z.

- the One looks nicer imo
- metal is better than glass, Apple are the leaders in fashion and design. Their 5 has metal now. Glass is old news
- someone said the Z will be rugged, not where its mostly glass. Id rather have toughened aluminium like my old N8
- better screen - the Z has poor contrast and viewing angles
- much better speakers - One is better for movies with better screen and speakers
- better UI skin - I like sense, Sony's skin is dull, colour less, harder to customise, cant stand having home screen dots at top of screen
- better software and quicker android updates
- better software innovations

I know, some will disagree but they're whats important to me. The problem I would have with the Z is the silly flaps over the ports which look stupid when plugging in headphones or a charging cable. Flaps over ports are so last decade.

I think HTC have the better phone but I think Sony's will sell more on looks alone.
--
Posted: 2013-02-20 22:51:50

Bonovox Posts: > 500

The BBC reported recently the spy story was found to be false. The Sony has them flaps to keep it water tight
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-20 22:00 ]

--
Posted: 2013-02-20 22:57:53

rickster2kuk Posts: > 500

The funny thing with last years One was that it was a really good phone and got great write-ups everywhere, yes there were initial issues with the screen and battery (but Sony were just as bad).

HTC just seemed to completely forget about marketing it - I can't recall seeing much media presence compared to Samsung or Sony and on that basis a fundamentally good phone fell under the radar.
--
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:02:46

I know it has flaps to keep it water tight. But I have no need for waterproof phones. Those flaps would just annoy me.

I wish HTC all the best but I dont think it will dig them out of the hole they're in.
--
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:15:07

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

On 2013-02-20 23:02:46, rickster2kuk wrote:
The funny thing with last years One was that it was a really good phone and got great write-ups everywhere, yes there were initial issues with the screen and battery (but Sony were just as bad).

HTC just seemed to completely forget about marketing it - I can't recall seeing much media presence compared to Samsung or Sony and on that basis a fundamentally good phone fell under the radar.

That's the thing, there really wasn't much wrong with the One X, in actual fact if Htc had marketed it properly it could've owned the GS3 due to its looks. I remember seeing a few adverts of the One X here, here is the one they played for a while down here:
http://youtu.be/M-ppV7cMCJk
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-02-20 22:34 ]

--
Posted: 2013-02-20 23:33:08

Apart from one cinema ad, the same ad on tv and in newspapers and magazines there wasnt much coverage of the One X.

So yeah that was one problem. HTCs attitude was another. Release the phone and forget about it is the usual strategy. What about new apps like Samsungs split screen ? HTC only update the OS and dont like to add new functionality.
--
Posted: 2013-02-21 00:21:04

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/htc[....]ntcid=hero1_htc_one_19-02-2013

Pre orders here with free stuff
--
Posted: 2013-02-21 16:49:24

Image samples against iPhone 5

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]amples-surface_id40089#2-Macro
--
Posted: 2013-02-22 22:29:49

rickster2kuk Posts: > 500

HTC seems to cope quite well.

I'm more interested to see more samples from the HTC cam when the reviews start coming through.

I really commend HTC for being bold on the camera issue, I'm just not sure they can pull it off.
--
Posted: 2013-02-23 12:49:00
Page <  123, 456 ... 242526>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home