Esato Mobile
Information : Esato News Articles : Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 116117118>

randomuser Posts: > 500

^

You will switch to One Sony ?

Two flagship phones in 1 year
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 16:32:55
Edit : Quote

razec Posts: > 500

Guys This thread is about GS4, please don't go too far with the topic subject
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:07:25

Vipera ammodytes Posts: > 500

Camera is really good http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_4-review-907p3.php#

Sony sensor? If yes, Sony go kill yourself!
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:14:48

rikken Posts: > 500

This is a great job from Sammy fitting more features and better specs into a more compact device The design may not be for everyone, so what, neither was the design of the S III still it became a huge success. You can't win 'em all and some of the new sw features may be gimmicks but they will lead to something new like innovations always do
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:34:40

Indiandawg Posts: > 500

On 2013-03-15 17:34:40, rikken wrote:
This is a great job from Sammy fitting more features and better specs into a more compact device The design may not be for everyone, so what, neither was the design of the S III still it became a huge success. You can't win 'em all and some of the new sw features may be gimmicks but they will lead to something new like innovations always do

@Randomuser Now I'll buy straight in December. Till then I'm going to enjoy XZ.

@Rikken S4 is great device. Doesn't matter if it does not have a compelling design. But now S4 is just any other smartphone. We expected some great innovation and that's what the buzz was all about. A smartphone above par but that's not the case. May be next time.
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 17:57:06

Dups! Posts: > 500

Hmmm... this feels like deja vu. It takes me back to when Nokia would come up with great phones until they ran out of ideas.

Could we see a 'new' player coming to the fore to topple Samsung next year?

This is an okay phone, still better than anything available, but by just a whisker.

--
Posted: 2013-03-15 18:02:31

Vipera ammodytes Posts: > 500

On 2013-03-15 18:02:31, Dups! wrote:
Hmmm... this feels like deja vu. It takes me back to when Nokia would come up with great phones until they ran out of ideas.

Could we see a 'new' player coming to the fore to topple Samsung next year?

This is an okay phone, still better than anything available, but by just a whisker.

Yes, Sony.
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 18:14:17

Bonovox Posts: > 500

With Samsung's softwares and chips it would be nice to see on top of this a beautifully styled bit of kit to make me say wow i want that but it just doesn't. Never seen such a bland looking design. People though i do wish would stop saying things like oh we are jealous of Samsung or whatever. I am never jealous of a phone more jealous of a woman Never understood why people say that. All it is that i simply am not wowed by it. I wouldn't spend a large amount of money on it i would rather go on holiday
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 18:45:00

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Phones4U in UK said 40% higher interest than GS3. I also read it does again use pentile display but not that it matters on a 5 inch 1080p screen
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-15 22:06 ]

--
Posted: 2013-03-15 22:59:07

rickster2kuk Posts: > 500

Here's my take on the S4.

Really nice, two things that stand out for me above everything else:

- 4.2.2 - Samsung are providing the latest out of the box. HTC and Sony haven't even got any firm plans for 4.2.2 yet. Hats of to Samsung for this.
- Size - big kudos to Samsung for keeping the same size. I had a fear it would be larger, but they've realised that this is probably the maximum they can go without starting to cannibalise the Note.

The camera, as with the S3 camera looks ace. Again, Samsung seem to be able to bring the best out of the Sony sensor.

Touchwiz updates look incremental, a few colour changes and the weather widget is now new. I would imagine this new Touchwiz Nature UX will come to the S3 shortly.

I'm not 100% convinced that current S3 owners will update. Compared to the S3 it does feel a little bit like a S3 plus. Yes it's faster, has a bigger battery, better camera and screen, but I don't think these are massive step forward from the S3.

Design wise is the disappointment, yes plastic is durable but I don't think Samsung can keep this design for the S5, they will have to move away from it. HTC One wins this round this year with design for me.

Another winner for Samsung at the end of the day.
--
Posted: 2013-03-15 23:40:54
Page <  123, 456 ... 116117118>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home