Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Xperia Z Ultra Thread
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia Z Ultra Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 454647

Indiandawg Posts: > 500

Hey guys. It's been really really long I've posted on Esato.

Hope you all doing well.

I recently purchased Xperia Z ultra. Came from Xperia Z1.

The reason that brings me out here is the new experience of using a phablet. I had to think over a lot for switching to big screen 6.44inch. It was a very tough decision. I had to go through lot of YouTube videos, saw the live XZ Ultra thrice to see if it's really practical to use such a big phone.

Today I can say the bet really worked. It's the best phone I've ever used. The Phablet experience has been amazing. The landscape browsing is pure tablet experience. The battery life is even better than Z1. It's just unimaginable. It last for a day without charging for once and I use 3G all the time. I'm browsing, e-mails, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc

The big screen gives you even more details on everything what you see. The icons are more fined and polished, they look bright and clean. The keyboard sets it well to use with stock & Swiftkey. Using Gmail is amazing. The Landscape mode allows more data to see.

Let me put it in simple and short. The big screen is a bliss experience to use XZ Ultra and it is perfect between a phone and a tablet. The size 6.44inch is absolutely practical and very ease to use. For 2 days I felt very big and was feeling like an outsider since my phone looked very big in front of others. But after a month, I have started feeling it's very normal and it's perfect. People have said a lot, it looks like computer, It's very big, Why such a big phone? Does it even fit your pocket? Look how you look while your talking etc and trust me it all goes in a waste when you are using it.
All I had to tell these people is just use XZ Ultra for 5 mins and if you do not fall in love then tell me I'm using a big phone. And the minute they start using they start realising the experience of using a big Phablet.

I am so much in love with this phone that I truly expect Sony to come with the successor and it would be a shame if Sony does not. It would be a shame for any manufacturer for not coming out with a 6.4inch - 6.5inch phone because just like there is an experience of using compact phones, there is certainly a blissful experience using 6incher phones.

Though Nexus 6 has touched down to 6inch, I still feel XZ Ultra had moved to future a year back and nobody even realised. This phone is the most underrated phone only because of it's size. It's a powerful beast phone which does not lag at all even once. I play GTA 3 and it does not lag even once. Be it any game, and yes playing game on XZ Ultra is... Do I even need to explain?

Sony if you are reading this, we need more powerful phones at this size. Appreciate the step towards the future that Sony took with XZ Ultra. I look forward to see the successor for sure.

P.S - Miss you
--
Posted: 2014-10-29 19:16:49
Edit : Quote

goldenface Posts: > 500

Hi Indiandawg, congrats on your XZU.

I'm considering this device as I too miss having a big screen and I've read fantastic reviews on this phone. It's just the screen estate but the XZU screen in particular is fantastic.

What's more, it's at a great price right now so it can be classed as a bargain too. Are you not using the Bluetooth handset remote?

Enjoy!
--
Posted: 2014-10-29 19:51:05

Indiandawg Posts: > 500

On 2014-10-29 19:51:05, goldenface wrote:

I'm considering this device as I too miss having a big screen and I've read fantastic reviews on this phone. It's just the screen estate but the XZU screen in particular is fantastic.

What's more, it's at a great price right now so it can be classed as a bargain too. Are you not using the Bluetooth handset remote?

Enjoy!

Thanks Goldenface.

Well Intitialy I thought of buying Bluetooth Remote before buying XZ Ultra. But just after 2 days I felt it was very comfortable and easy to use. It felt like a normal size phone. Not too big, not too small. I feel 6.44inch is PERFECT for a big phone. Since I have not used anything bigger than 6.44inch as a phone I might be wrong about being the PERFECT size for a phone but as of now it's just perfect.

Secondly, it's a STEAL right now at the price which it's being sold. I had Z3 in option but I felt it would be just the same as Z1. Meaning the experience of using the same size phone with almost the same features with better hardware and better camera and few more features but the overall experience would be the same. So I felt I shall go for a different phone for which suits my needs and enhances the overall day to day usage.

If you are ok with the screen size, go for it without a doubt. Just check if the successor is around the corner or not.

--
Posted: 2014-10-29 21:02:18

emerson_shei Posts: > 500

Sony Rolls Out Android 5.1.1 For The Xperia Z Ultra

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]a-and-z1-compact-14-6-a-0-368/
--
Posted: 2015-09-15 07:35:11

On 2014-10-29 19:51:05, goldenface wrote:

Enjoy!

--
Posted: 2015-10-18 05:15:10

Sony Xperia Z Ultra Receive Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) Update Via AOSP ROM: (How To Install)

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/xper[....]a-aosp-rom-how-install-1523907
--
Posted: 2015-10-18 05:30:35
Page <  123 ... 454647

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home