Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : Considering buying a HTC One but should i?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Considering buying a HTC One but should i? Bookmark topic
Page1234567>

northmonkey Posts: > 500

I love the design/screen/audio quality and almost everything about the HTC One but the Camera is really making me debate whether to get one or not.

Could you do 10x8 prints from a 4MP Camera? Or would i need an 8MP Camera to do that? as I do sometimes print photos but not that often, although I do have a Canon SX150 Digital Camera.

Would like to know the thoughts of people who have bought the HTC One.

Thanks.
--
Posted: 2013-07-12 15:50:20
Edit : Quote

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

I just but a SIM locked version last night ... yet I haven't done anything with it yet as I'm trying to get it SIM unlocked and then work on a bootloader to load Google Play Edition OS onto it.

Take a look at pictures sourced by the HTC one to get a feel of what you're after ... that is a LARGE print so anything digitally-zoomed in (by any phone other than the Nokia EOS or 1020) should be avoided due to compression increasing over long distances.

Hopefully someone will have a clear definitive answer for you. Now I'm curious.
--
Posted: 2013-07-12 21:43:13

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

I have had HTC One for two months now. I must say I am pretty impressed with everything about the phone.
With regards to your question, I do not think it will look good by that size. The camera is not really that good in daylight and blowing up the picture will even make the photo looks worse (due to poor photo processing software). In dark conditions, that's where the HTC One excels, but who likes to blow up photos taken in dark condition. But all in all, the camera is pretty ok and will do.

I can post a picture taken by my HTC One and you can print it ti see for yourself.

--
Posted: 2013-07-13 04:55:36

On 2013-07-13 04:55:36, rss_ndrsn wrote:
I have had HTC One for two months now. I must say I am pretty impressed with everything about the phone.
With regards to your question, I do not think it will look good by that size. The camera is not really that good in daylight and blowing up the picture will even make the photo looks worse (due to poor photo processing software). In dark conditions, that's where the HTC One excels, but who likes to blow up photos taken in dark condition. But all in all, the camera is pretty ok and will do.

I can post a picture taken by my HTC One and you can print it ti see for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to see a picture to test that print size, I'm NOT the OP of the thread though. I'm going to have mine Unlocked in the next hour so that I can FINALLY use it! And I'll take some daytime pictures as the summer here is very humid and hazy thus far and would like to see how it fairs in daylight first hand.

PS: I'd love to take night pictures and blow them up ... especially moon shots.
--
Posted: 2013-07-15 16:08:50

julias Posts: > 500

Get the HTC one best phone ive ever had!
--
Posted: 2013-07-15 17:56:53

On 2013-07-15 17:56:53, julias wrote:
Get the HTC one best phone ive ever had!

Right now it's the WORST Android phone I've never got to even make a call, SMS, MMS, Google+, GoogleChat, GoogleMaps or anything else on. The one I bout works with about every carrier EXCEPT the one I'm on ... I need the AWS bands variant from T-Mobile I'm all day today I've been so pissed and now I'm just depressed. I cannot call anyone, I cannot even look at messages that are now dying past the 72hour mark.
--
Posted: 2013-07-16 05:39:30

lazeeboy Posts: 301

@ Supa_Fly:
How about just switching to 2G frequencies for now? I'm sure you'll be able to at least make/receive calls and send/receive sms.
--
Posted: 2013-07-16 15:16:56

rss_ndrsn Posts: > 500

That's too bad too hear @supa_fly. are you on Wind Mobile or Mobilicity? Their coverage really suck. Well, I enjoy using HTC One but some apps from iOS are not available in Android. The bad thing it is the one I often use so I still have my iPhone 4. I am probably switching to iPhone 5S/6 once it gets out in September.
--
Posted: 2013-07-17 05:57:14

On 2013-07-17 05:57:14, rss_ndrsn wrote:
That's too bad too hear @supa_fly. are you on Wind Mobile or Mobilicity? Their coverage really suck. Well, I enjoy using HTC One but some apps from iOS are not available in Android. The bad thing it is the one I often use so I still have my iPhone 4. I am probably switching to iPhone 5S/6 once it gets out in September.

I'm on Wind - they use the AWS1700Mhz band exclusively, and i mostly stay within the city unless on vacation. For now I'm on Nexus 4 and I actually beginning to like Android now since its very mature. iOS has the sweet spot for audio applications but unless a larger and wider LCD debuts I'm not going to iOS anytime soon; we'll see what 5S/6 brings though.
--
Posted: 2013-07-17 18:46:32

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Incredible, never thought I'd see you leaving Blackberry after the Z10, Supa Fly, you seemed very happy with it. I'm sure you'll love the One when you get one with the correct frequencies.
--
Posted: 2013-07-17 19:50:22
Page1234567>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home