Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Nokia : Microsoft to Buy Nokia€s Devices for 5.44 Billion Euros
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Microsoft to Buy Nokia€s Devices for 5.44 Billion Euros Bookmark topic
Page <  123456789>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Well,yes who is going to walk into a store and be asking for a Microsoft phone?? Majority people know Nokia for phones they won't buy Microsoft. People walk into stores these days knowing what they want so Microsoft have some serious marketing to do.
--
Posted: 2013-09-06 10:55:00
Edit : Quote

alenn Posts: > 500

The most important thing is that a few ex-Nokia employees founded Newkia just when Microsoft announced theyMre buying Nokia and they want to produce Nokia phones with Android...failfailfail.
Why didn't they call it Nukia or Pukeia?
--
Posted: 2013-09-06 11:36:26

Ranjith Posts: > 500

At least Microsoft should have continued the NOKIA brand.The NOKIA brand hasn't failed..no one really despises the brand..heck most people on Android still love NOKIA.They make great phones with great design & hardware which even some top Android makers cant do.

What people dint like is the OS NOKIA had not the Brand.I don't see how dumping the brand name NOKIA will help MS in anyway.Will people love WP just because MS makes the HW? :-\\ .All they will do is lose some valuable customers i guess.and frankly speaking,NOKIA off late has been doing fine right?even WP's overall.At least off late i know several people that have WP's..even i have couple at home

NOKIA just ran out of money at the bad time,if they could have held up longer,the could have dug themselves out.MS came in at the right place at the right time.
--
Posted: 2013-09-06 21:20:19

Dups! Posts: > 500

Having used my favourite UIQ3, actually still using the P1i as my second phone after the S4, I can safely say that Android is nowhere near UIQ in terms of usability and efficiency.

My current favourite OS is BB10, that OS is pure power, efficiency and smoothness all rolled into one. BlackBerry managed to create what I longed for since UIQ3. Sadly, it looks like my favourite OSs fall by the wayside. UIQ webOS, Meego and now BB10.

I am also looking to see what Jolla does with their OS in a few years to come, assuming they make it.
--
Posted: 2013-09-06 23:32:05

The BBZ10 dropped to ÂŁ229 @ Carphone stores recently in short space of time. It is fast and with very good multitasking. Unfortunately BB messed up the Z10 with a small battery. Q10 and Q5 are decent but Q10 is expensive. Maybe not many have taken to the changed OS??
--
Posted: 2013-09-07 00:00:00

More news from MS about this story

www.wpcentral.com/joe-belfiore-deal-will-result-no-secrets-between-microsoft-and-nokia?style=default
--
Posted: 2013-09-07 00:05:00

Dups! Posts: > 500

Somebody with very deep pockets please buy BlackBerry in its entirety and continue with BB10!

No other OS currently available can compare with BB10. I don't really like Android but tolerate it. I may, even after I said I wasn't keen on the idea, try a Microsoft phone even if it is really not a Nokia anymore.

Ubuntu would've been my saviour after BlackBerry disapears. Jolla needs to prove that Sailfish is sustainable before I join in.
--
Posted: 2013-09-07 10:55:07

razec Posts: > 500

An interesting read:

Former Nokia CEO founds Newkia, aims to create the Nokia Android phone you’ve always dreamed of

I hope they could poach Damian Dinning wherever he is now, an Asian based mobile company makes me happy for some reason, as most of the top mobile players originated from that region (Sony, Huawei, Sammy, LG, HTC etc)

Wishing Zilliacus the best of luck
--
Posted: 2013-09-08 04:53:54

cu015170 Posts: > 500

On 2013-09-06 23:32:05, Dups! wrote:
Having used my favourite UIQ3, actually still using the P1i as my second phone after the S4, I can safely say that Android is nowhere near UIQ in terms of usability and efficiency.

My current favourite OS is BB10, that OS is pure power, efficiency and smoothness all rolled into one. BlackBerry managed to create what I longed for since UIQ3. Sadly, it looks like my favourite OSs fall by the wayside. UIQ webOS, Meego and now BB10.

I am also looking to see what Jolla does with their OS in a few years to come, assuming they make it.

Symbian is, in my opinion, still the best mobile OS out there. Its a very elegant kernel, and it was designed specifically for devices with limited resources, which is what smartphones are.

All it needed is a good UX layer, such us UIQ for example, and it needed some work on the kernel level to support newer SoCs and LTE.

It might've taken 2-3 years, but once its done.. there is nothing better.

OPK said it right here

http://mynokiablog.com/2013/0[....]comment-page-1/#comment-960478

Symbian has tons of potential, its a shame we live in a corporate world where money dictates pretty much everything.
--
Posted: 2013-09-08 22:08:17

bart Posts: > 500

I agree. Symbian UIQ is still the best working OS. An update so it would work better with the hardware thats availeble today would make it the most performent OS.

But i doubt that those guys who are sitting behind their desk understand this
--
Posted: 2013-09-09 00:17:03
Page <  123456789>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home