Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Sony Xperia Z1
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 554, 555556557>

Gitaroo Posts: > 500

the s800 can handle the 4k fine, already mods for it on xda and only some function don't work properly but the processor can sure handle it fine.
--
Posted: 2014-08-08 07:30:57
Edit : Quote

moogoo Posts: > 500

sadness..

the little metal ring around the headphone jack port fell out. i thought this was part of the metal frame. i was wrong. it fell out at some point. who knows when.

now it's ugly

and i have no idea if it affects the waterproofing. any ideas?
--
Posted: 2014-08-30 04:36:36

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

^ I would think it is purely cosmetic and you shouldn't have anything to worry about, I suppose you could fire an email of to Sony and ask them directly. I'm pretty sure though the silver ring is there for effect only.
--
Posted: 2014-08-30 09:35:49

yea. let's hope so. i'll probably send in a support question just to be sure though. i'd be shocked if a small ring like that was crucial to the waterproofing of the whole device. but stranger things have happened...

i hope some of the software features of z3 will come to z1. not looking for all of them.. but i'd love the bluetooth unlock feature. the smart backlight and smart rotation would be nice as well.

since being on 4.4 though, my z1 is definitely lagging .. it's a shame! i don't even have all 16gb filled and it is lagging. just not as snappy as it used to be. sigh. hope sony has not given up on optimizing software for the Z1 .. cause i probably won't be updating my phone for awhile.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2014-09-15 19:02 ]

--
Posted: 2014-08-31 01:56:01

Finally updated to lollipop yesterday.

having a few issues. First, every now and then the screen will simply go black and it'll take some fiddling with to get it to turn back on. it also keeps telling me that my SD card has been removed, but I'm not sure if that's lollipop or the fact that i've dropped my phone a million times since it did happen on occasion before the update.

anybody else having issues?

other than that, seems to be running pretty smoothly. some lags here and there, but otherwise, I like the update very much. battery life seems to be better too and the animation effects are very pleasant.

i also lost the ring around my power button a week ago. so that's the headphone jack and the power button rings that have fallen off. kinda sucks. i feel like i can snap my power button if i push it the wrong way or if it gets caught on something.. sigh.
--
Posted: 2015-04-24 20:51:05

sponse Posts: 252

Nice to see that you are still alive!
do a factory restart! always help.

i have replaced my xperia z1 4 times to be honest..... and the last one is ok, still don't see a reason to upgrade to xperia z3 nor to xperia z4. same phone same design same camera.

plus if you head to xda you have allll the goodies from z3 ported...

4k, 120 fps slow mo, smart rotation, smart backlight, supervivid, hifii music, motion control, face in camera, and more.
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2015-04-29 15:06 ]

--
Posted: 2015-04-29 16:03:40

are there any one that doesn't require root?
--
Posted: 2015-04-29 16:57:11

@sponse - yea i will be doing a clean install at some point.. just a shame that i have to do that. i hate having to go back through and reconfiguring everything and re-installing apps.
--
Posted: 2015-04-29 18:10:30

sponse Posts: 252

@gitaroo > yeah face in camera. you can install it as a normal apk, although after you install in it you need to go into:
settings>apps>Camera> clear data.
that's it.

download and thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]-z3-camera-app-xperia-t3081904

(doesn't work on KITKAT)

@mogoo

yeah but its always like that, even in windows, if you want to upgrade, its almost certain that you will face some problems. its always better and safer to do a clean install of a new system upgrade (if it was a minor one you can upgrade but in that case your changing the whole operating system).
--
Posted: 2015-04-30 13:26:31

On 2015-04-30 13:26:31, sponse wrote:
@gitaroo > yeah face in camera. you can install it as a normal apk, although after you install in it you need to go into:
settings>apps>Camera> clear data.
that's it.

download and thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]-z3-camera-app-xperia-t3081904

(doesn't work on KITKAT)

Anymore, was really hoping double tap to wake screen, put phone up against ear to pick up calls to be in Z1 by now. The one ported on xda still require rooting.
--
Posted: 2015-04-30 17:49:28
Page <  123 ... 554, 555556557>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home