Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Best Smartphone of 2013.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Best Smartphone of 2013. Bookmark topic
Page <  12

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

@Tsepz_GP

So far this year the Sony Xperia Z won no more that 15 awards possibly more
The Xperia Tablet Z won multiple awards including European tablet of the year
Sony's own QX lenses have won multiple awards including best innovation of the year
Sony Xperia Z1 won best smartphone at IFA 2013

Chances are Sony have been handed more awards for their smartphones and tablets

So yeah give it to Sony they clearly need it lol

No doubt both Samsung and Apple have won many awards aswell this year but surely cant deny this has been a great year for Sony when other major names have struggled like HTC and Blackberry.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-12-28 16:41 ]

--
Posted: 2013-12-28 16:50:14
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

I wasn't talking about actual awards XperiaJunkie
--
Posted: 2013-12-28 17:45:21

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

All I was pointing out was the fact that Sony have had probably their best year in a long time and those awards kind of prove it and they have made significant strides in catching up to the competition ie Samsung and Apple being the big 2 in brand awareness and sales. Yes there is still a lot of catching up to do but if anyone has done it this year then it has to be Sony. I feel once they have a crack at the American market which is a very hard market to crack then Sony will cement their place as 3rd biggest smartphone brand in the world.

--
Posted: 2013-12-28 18:02:05

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Number one objective for Sony needs to be Marketing. Their team need to get creative, in 2013 they had two Water and Dust proof mainstream flagships, they had a huge opportunity, nobody else really had this, if Samsung and Apple had this they would've whiped the floor with competitors, I don't count the S4 Active as Samsung pushed the OG GS4 mainly and treated the Active like the redheaded stepchild.

Sony certainly have the tech to beat out both Samsung and Apple, this year they proved that with the Xperia Z1, it just drive me nuts that their execution is forever riddled with stupid mistakes. Until they go full on and show more commitment I won't be nice about them, I hate it when potential is wasted. I want the Xperia Z1S/Z2 to be properly Marketed and no Display lottery, also 32GB variants of flagship models and get the dam Camera FW correct from day one!

Cheers!
--
Posted: 2013-12-28 18:19:14

bart Posts: > 500

On gsmarena the Z1 is about to lose against a nokia in the best of 2013 contest
--
Posted: 2013-12-28 19:20:32

McKinley Posts: > 500

I'm absolutely with you there Tsepz_GP.
Marketing is something Sony has to work really hard on and no stupid decisions with silly display lottery and just 16GB onboard memory option. Right now it's like they don't fully believe in themselves.
Thus the lack of presence in the US. T-mobile is the only carrier selling Sony devices and that's barely.

The decision to not try to enter the US market completely is prof how bad their own believes are in themselves and that hurts to say the least.
--
Posted: 2013-12-28 20:10:17

randomuser Posts: > 500

Never thought I'd say this but

I agree with Tsepz_GP
--
Posted: 2013-12-29 04:55:24

Hobbs Posts: > 500

I don't have the pleasure of owning one but do have the pleasure of enjoying the software the Note 3 offers on my Note 2 thanks to the XDA's E-Team devs Ditto Note 3 rom. For me smartphone of the year goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Software wise it has everything including the kitchen sink. (Love Air Command). Hardware wise specs are top notch.Design wise I cant be that bothered because everyone uses cases and the majority of the phone is covered anyway.Looking forward to whats to come in 2014 but chances are I'm gonna upgrade to a Galaxy Note 4.
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2013-12-29 16:19 ]

--
Posted: 2013-12-29 06:44:59
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home