Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Sony to produce WP8 Handset
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Sony to produce WP8 Handset Bookmark topic
Page <  123

mlife Posts: > 500

On 2014-01-12 20:18:17, hihihans wrote:
upload photos to esato for instance.

OH YEAH.... I have noticed that... that is lame!
--
Posted: 2014-01-12 20:49:19
Edit : Quote

Detox Posts: > 500

Kunimasa Suzuki said:
We have no plans to introduce a Windows Phone. At the moment we think that Android is the best choice for us.

http://translate.google.com/t[....]rosoft-einen-Korb.html&act=url

In Kuni we trust .
--
Posted: 2014-01-13 01:45:17

milukugiuniu Posts: 291

As far as I know, Sony does have the plan to launch Windows phone this year. But no more detail, sorry.

I personally look forward to a WP. I have learned from different sources that WP is as smooth as IOS and smoothness is almost the most important feature for a light user like me. I dont install app frequently. I dont change my home page frequently. I just use the basic functions including making phone call, text, browsing, carema and social. All the functions would be accomplished perfectly on a WP with great smoothness.

So I believe this is a good idea for Sony to better cater to the light users.
--
Posted: 2014-01-13 03:44:57

MyP910 Posts: 499

On 2014-01-13 03:44:57, milukugiuniu wrote:
As far as I know, Sony does have the plan to launch Windows phone this year. But no more detail, sorry.

I personally look forward to a WP. I have learned from different sources that WP is as smooth as IOS and smoothness is almost the most important feature for a light user like me. I dont install app frequently. I dont change my home page frequently. I just use the basic functions including making phone call, text, browsing, carema and social. All the functions would be accomplished perfectly on a WP with great smoothness.

So I believe this is a good idea for Sony to better cater to the light users.

Actually, WP is smoother than IOS even with a lower spec'd devices. This is what amazed me since long time ago. How did they do it?

even windows 8 on the pc is so smooth compared to other platform (based on my sony vaio duo and vaio tap experience). I don't think solid state hard disk make that much different.

personally I want Sony to try WP. The only thing that I don't like about WP is you can't differentiate from other brands. Microsoft should add customization to the home screen.
--
Posted: 2014-01-13 12:08:15

Ranjith Posts: > 500

Yes WP's are amazingly smooth especially for mid-to-light users.Except me in my family all use WPs and even after a year of use all are running smooth.I support SONY for WP phones.WP phones have a market,its growing so why not latch on it at this stage? Android is dominated by SAMSUNG and players like SONY & HTC need something to break free,some where they can built a rep.
--
Posted: 2014-01-13 22:47:09

milukugiuniu Posts: 291

@Myp910

Yes, WP has its own weakness including lack of customerization and incomplete eco-system. This is what MS should work hard to catch up.

Anyway, I'll take the chance as long as Sony releases WP.
--
Posted: 2014-01-14 03:53:46

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2014-01-12 15:42:59, itsjustJOH wrote:

On 2014-01-12 15:29:56, lemmy31 wrote:
What a ridiculous statement !!

And don't take it seriously.

More choice has to be better for the consumer, we are already down to only 3 major OS with the demise of BB. I seriously do not like any BB and would never use one but would welcome a resurgence in their fortunes to keep competition alive.

Well, Windows Phone is pretty much alive with Microsoft not unlike BB, unless some big company plants a CEO on their's and trick them to using a new OS that would differentiate them with other OEMs without thinking about how it would help them financially and then eventually just buy BB out of misery.

Still if you want to live in a Google dominated world where your privacy is worthless then that's your lookout !!

Like Microsoft does not do it.

Guys ... seriously. Read the internet, blogs and many threads here about BlackBerry as a business before continuing this crap.

1. No longer for sale. Debt is secured via $3.5 Million the last $250'000 secured by January 14th; oh wait that was today.
2. New CEO who is heavily focused and experienced with a GLOBAL track-record - EVEN IF I BELIEVE the same beginning is a honeymoon and started just like Heins did. He's an outside iCEO made CEO.
3. Two new executive staff members with proven global track records from SAP Inc! Yeah you know SAP & if you don't you SHOULD, Sony is a major client of theirs.
4. There IP in QNX is still highly valuable even if their fraking clueless how to fully use it beyond BB10/NOC servers - well that latte upgrade needs to be seriously updated.
5. No DEBT! Hasn't EVER BEEN! Funny all the other MAJOR players that have billions in cash STILL have major debt ... WHY!?! IF they don't need it! Maybe has to do with so many outstanding stocks in case when times get rough for too long like BB they'll be threatened with a take over.

Basically SAP is a platinum partner of BlackBerry for over a decade now ... and now they're going to make major changes inside out. Everybody keeps saying BB is dead. Well in the consumer space yes that has been proven but they're not going out of business anytime soon not in 2014 ... and yet still for the past 3yrs all-yall keep saying that EVERY year! Maybe the misery is those that keep claiming hate being wrong every year it's causing them misery just hearing news that their still around lol. Remember blackberry's strength is with large corporations ... they've built their business for over 20yrs doing JUST corporate business and survived quite well and considering the continued growth of BES10 servers despite the market being flooded with MDM server/cloud or both solutions in combination their still growing clients ... just look to Germany huge growth so ... their dead how in the generic sense?

I also don't like 3 major OS ... and 3 major manufacturers. Sorry I don't separate Samsung from Google in terms of hardware without Samsung there IS no Android OS. Think about ... if Samsung decide that Note 3/SGS4 was the LAST products to ship with Android OS or with support until 12mths from purchase date ... Google will have a SERIOUS marketshare issue on their hands ... and NOT from just sales of devices, developers making apps, hardware company's making accessories, but ALSO from mobile search and ad revenue!! (THAT is Googles primary business).
--
Posted: 2014-01-15 01:47:11
Page <  123

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home