Esato Mobile
General discussions : Tablets : Xperia Tablet Z2
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Tablets > Xperia Tablet Z2 Bookmark topic
Page123 ... 121314>

goldenface Posts: > 500

24th February 2014, Mobile World Congress, Barcelona – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today set a new standard in tablet innovation with the Xperia Z2 Tablet – the world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet with Sony’s best ever entertainment experience.

“The Xperia Z2 Tablet represents the pinnacle of tablet innovation and is a true flagship in our premium line. We have evolved our cutting-edge design to create the slimmest lightweight tablet matched with Sony’s latest technologies to deliver a unique user experience.” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications. “And with our new range of dedicated accessories, you can further now enhance your tablet experience whether for work or play, at home or on the go.”

Unbeatable viewing experience

The Xperia Z2 Tablet is the world’s first tablet display with Live Colour LED display, providing bright natural colours and perfectly sharp images in any light thanks to Sony’s latest BRAVIA TV technology expertise. The 10.1” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile is matched with Sony’s new Live Colour LED technology resulting in colours that have never been so real, more natural or so true to life. Add to the Sony’s unique X-Reality™ for mobile intelligent engine that analyses each image for optimal colour, sharpness and contrast while super resolution reproduces lacking pixels to ensure you get the ultimate viewing experience every time.

Best ever sound experience

The Xperia Z2 Tablet offers the clearest sound quality with Sony’s Front Surround™ audio technology that lets you enjoy dynamic sound. And now you can enjoy uninterrupted audio when you’re on the move, even on noisy trains or planes, thanks to the world’s first digital noise cancelling technology built into a tablet that reduces ambient noise by up to 98% when paired with the MDR-NC31EM Noise Cancelling headset.

The world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet

With Xperia Z2 Tablet, Sony has developed a tablet that is both beautifully sleek and portable. Using premium materials, every single detail has been carefully crafted to create the world’s slimmest (only 6.4mm) and lightest (only 426g for Wi-Fi model and 439g for LTE/3G model) waterproof tablet on the planet, making it extremely portable and comfortable to hold, even with just one hand. Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design creates an elegant shape that is delightfully slim yet reassuringly solid, providing balance and symmetry in all directions for a comfortable hold and beautiful look from all angles. And as you would expect from Sony, this lightweight beauty is also entirely waterproof taking every day life in its stride.

Full Press Release

From £399 Store

Bluetooth® Remote with Handset Function BRH10

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2014-03-09 02:12 ]

--
Posted: 2014-02-26 00:04:19
Edit : Quote

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

While I had the Z and Z Tablet combo, I will be upgrading to the Z2 but not the Z2 Tablet. Partly because my Z died and therefore I need to get a new phone, but also I don't think this tablet is enough of an upgrade to be worthwhile.

It is definitely the best Android tablet out in my eyes, and I would get one if I didn't already have the supremely capable Z Tablet.
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 00:31:11

Away Posts: > 500

Sony mentions this as a gaming tablet many times. Didn't mention the original like that. Seems like a pro tablet is on the cards.

This is literally the closest to the perfect tablet. Vastly superior engineering and design to anything else.
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 01:08:39

u2jewel Posts: 93

On 2014-02-26 01:08:39, Away wrote:
Sony mentions this as a gaming tablet many times. Didn't mention the original like that. Seems like a pro tablet is on the cards.

How do you reckon/wish the pro tablet to differ from the one announced?

On a personal note,
I am glad and happy with all the specs crammed into this device. Good to see that the magnetic connector is all compatible across all xperias.

And the thing I am happiest of is that I read in an interview with Kurozumi from Sony that, the LTE radio on it would support voice calls to, so in an effect this can be a big ass phone! I can make this tablet my work phone!

--
Posted: 2014-02-26 08:42:38

Ricky D Posts: > 500

Does anyone know the positioning of the stated quad speakers?
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 09:03:39

Ricky D Posts: > 500

@Muhammad-Oli

I have the same Z/Tablet combo and I'll be upgrading the tablet rather than the phone and for the same reasoning

I don't see the Z2 as enough of an upgrade over Z1 (I have Z), rather, the Tablet brings a lot of useful things like (supposedly better speaker positioning, better screen resolution and processor upgrade (I use my tablet more than my phone).

Not to mention accessories like the charging speaker dock and keyboard (which comes in 3 different cover options for keyboard cover, keyboard with tablet cover or keyboard on it's own).

And finally, I will be upgrading to the LTE version because I only have the wifi Z Tab and I very quickly realised I needed on the go data (phone hotspot is not good enough to be usable in my opinion).
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 09:50:51

u2jewel Posts: 93

So, the LTE version is SPG521, and HSPA+ (3G version) is SGP541??
(according to xperiablog.net)

It sounds counter-intuitive, doesn't it, that the LTE(4G) has the smaller model number?

And also surprised that there would be LTE, HSPA+ and Wi-Fi version, making it 3 models for Z2 tablet, with maybe even more models depending on storage size.

MAybe typo on the site??
[ This Message was edited by: u2jewel on 2014-02-26 09:27 ]

--
Posted: 2014-02-26 10:26:10

Muhammad-Oli Posts: > 500

On 2014-02-26 09:50:51, Ricky D wrote:
@Muhammad-Oli

I have the same Z/Tablet combo and I'll be upgrading the tablet rather than the phone and for the same reasoning

I don't see the Z2 as enough of an upgrade over Z1 (I have Z), rather, the Tablet brings a lot of useful things like (supposedly better speaker positioning, better screen resolution and processor upgrade (I use my tablet more than my phone).

Not to mention accessories like the charging speaker dock and keyboard (which comes in 3 different cover options for keyboard cover, keyboard with tablet cover or keyboard on it's own).

And finally, I will be upgrading to the LTE version because I only have the wifi Z Tab and I very quickly realised I needed on the go data (phone hotspot is not good enough to be usable in my opinion).

Different strokes for different folks! I understand everybody will have different needs.

For me, the tablet is an at-home device where my laptop does the heavy work and the tablet is for entertainment and casual stuff like games, movies and light internet browsing. The Z tablet is more than enough for that and I don't think the Z2 Tablet offers me anything more that I would actually use.

And to be honest, had my Z not died, maybe I wouldn't be getting the Z2 either!
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 10:51:09

I'd use it much the same way.

I'm actually looking for it to replace my ageing laptop too (the new Bluetooth Keyboard covers should assisted with that).

Really, it's getting very hard to resist buying one and for me it's the most desirable of all the products launched at MWC.

--
Posted: 2014-02-26 17:11:36

Some clever little accessories have also been announced. I like this Bluetooth Handset with Remote Function.

A remote control which doubles as a handset!
--
Posted: 2014-02-26 23:30:51
Page123 ... 121314>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home