Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy Note 4
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 65, 666768>

hihihans Posts: > 500

not me.
I only posted josperno his post to the right threat. Ii should have mentioned that.
--
Posted: 2016-01-16 11:41:35
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Luca-S

Glad you enjoyed your 2nd Note 4, but it's such a shame the 1st was a lemon, Samsung need to get better control of their QC, especially on a flagship.

Are you still using the Note 4?

Hans

oh I see.
Hope you're enjoying your new beast, the G4!
--
Posted: 2016-01-17 01:33:13

etaab Posts: > 500

Well since I got my Note 4 in October 2014 I've been so impressed with it I've barely been on Esato.

Probably because it felt so up to date and beyond the competition that there was no point even discussing other phones anymore, it felt so new and fast that Esato felt so old.

I don't know, I feel like this phone is by far the best I've ever had and find it hard to think of anything replacing it. Not even the Note 5 impressed me with its very slight bump in specification. To think in 2016 I'll be duey upgrade, but to what ? I'm hoping a Note 6 with removable back with replaceable battery and memory card support.

--
Posted: 2016-02-04 23:26:58

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Note 4 is a great phone . I thoroughly enjoyed mine and Note 5 was such a dissapointment due to lack of memory card and because it was not available in UK. Looks like Samsung won't make the same mistake with Note 6 though

http://www.techradar.com/news[....]go-big-with-the-note-6-1314428

Wish note 4 would get marshmallow sooner though , at this rate with not 5 and s6 edge plus not having marshmallow yet it might not get it until a new version of Android is announced
--
Posted: 2016-02-06 12:01:47

On 2016-02-04 23:26:58, etaab wrote:
Well since I got my Note 4 in October 2014 I've been so impressed with it I've barely been on Esato.

Probably because it felt so up to date and beyond the competition that there was no point even discussing other phones anymore, it felt so new and fast that Esato felt so old.

I don't know, I feel like this phone is by far the best I've ever had and find it hard to think of anything replacing it. Not even the Note 5 impressed me with its very slight bump in specification. To think in 2016 I'll be duey upgrade, but to what ? I'm hoping a Note 6 with removable back with replaceable battery and memory card support.

I am in the same boat, I upgrade later this year and for the first time, nothing new really got my attention, I did like the Z5P and LG V10, but neither a true Note 4 replacement, neither is the Note 5 due to no MicroSD, and locally they only brought the 32GB.

I truly hope the Note6 has:

- MicroSD
- 64GB Internal mem
- +3500mAh battery
- and finally a 6inch display although 5.7inch won't be a deal breaker, but I think 5.85-6.0inch is where the Note6 should go now. 5.85inch maybe the sweet spot, they just need to thin the bezels a bit.

I am hoping for something truly grand with the Note 6, as they did with the Note 4, differentiate it from the Galaxy S range, I feel like the Note5 was diluted a bit, it literally was a Galaxy S6 with a SPen and larger display, they didn't give it its own identity and seemed to have tried to spend a lot less effort on it e.g. The very limited launch, less promotion, 2015 was all about The Edge for Samsung, the S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ seems to be where the money went.

As pretty as the Edges are, they are cumbersome to use for certain things and there tends to be a glare where the screen bends. Samsung should stick the 2.5D glass they did for the Note 4 and Single Side Edge like they did for the Note Edge, IMO.

Lastly, I hope the Note 6 has a plastic textured back like the Note 3 and Note 4 had, none of this glass nonsense, though I doubt I'll get that wish, and will have to get a case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2016-02-08 17:27 ]

--
Posted: 2016-02-08 18:09:13

emerson_shei Posts: > 500

On 2016-02-08 18:09:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-04 23:26:58, etaab wrote:

I am in the same boat, I upgrade later this year and for the first time, nothing new really got my attention, I did like the Z5P and LG V10, but neither a true Note 4 replacement, neither is the Note 5 due to no MicroSD, and locally they only brought the 32GB.

I truly hope the Note6 has:

- MicroSD
- 64GB Internal mem
- +3500mAh battery
- and finally a 6inch display although 5.7inch won't be a deal breaker, but I think 5.85-6.0inch is where the Note6 should go now. 5.85inch maybe the sweet spot, they just need to thin the bezels a bit.

I am hoping for something truly grand with the Note 6, as they did with the Note 4, differentiate it from the Galaxy S range, I feel like the Note5 was diluted a bit, it literally was a Galaxy S6 with a SPen and larger display, they didn't give it its own identity and seemed to have tried to spend a lot less effort on it e.g. The very limited launch, less promotion, 2015 was all about The Edge for Samsung, the S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ seems to be where the money went.

As pretty as the Edges are, they are cumbersome to use for certain things and there tends to be a glare where the screen bends. Samsung should stick the 2.5D glass they did for the Note 4 and Single Side Edge like they did for the Note Edge, IMO.

Lastly, I hope the Note 6 has a plastic textured back like the Note 3 and Note 4 had, none of this glass nonsense, though I doubt I'll get that wish, and will have to get a case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2016-02-08 17:27 ]

--
Posted: 2016-02-09 22:15:19

daviep Posts: > 500

just updated the internet app on my note 4 and now it has the squircle shape icon.looks totally out of place now.
[ This Message was edited by: daviep on 2016-03-24 21:06 ]

--
Posted: 2016-03-24 22:02:02

Just updated it to, the new Samsung Browser is incredibly fast, loving it.

Got my Note 4 a new OEM battery last week, running very nicely, getting superb battery life once again.
--
Posted: 2016-03-25 10:43:19

daviep Posts: > 500

i think my battery is due a replacement.it gets to around 20% and then totaly discharges and switches off.if i charge it when powered off it constantly shows 83% charge and only full when switched on.
--
Posted: 2016-03-28 14:03:22

That is exactly what was happening with mine. It would get to 20% then jump down to 5% within 10mins and then a minute later turn off.

With the new battery, I get right down to 1% and it can take up to 30mins on 1% before it turns off.
--
Posted: 2016-03-28 14:57:35
Page <  123 ... 65, 666768>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home