Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple iPhone 6 Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple iPhone 6 Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 252627, 282930>

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Well it seems the app sharing works after you register and not if you have a gift card on your account.

My now current iPhone 5S it seems on this site there is no word rapping to fit the screen

I wonder if the Oleophobic layer wears off over time or with mildly abrasives such as rubbing alcohol that I normally use to clean the screen.

All in all I'm astounded by how awesome this OS has matured to and how so like apple that "everything just works!"
--
Posted: 2015-01-31 09:03:34
Edit : Quote

chunkybeats Posts: 496

An oldie but still quite relevant.

http://readwrite.com/2013/01/[....]ns-hate-android-and-love-apple
--
Posted: 2015-02-03 12:13:29

cu015170 Posts: > 500

I've been using it more lately.. solid phone.. I really don't see any real competition out there.

I still use my 808 as well.. believe it or not I still prefer Symbian over ios for certain tasks.
--
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:00:39

cu015170 Posts: > 500

On 2015-02-03 12:13:29, chunkybeats wrote:
An oldie but still quite relevant.

http://readwrite.com/2013/01/[....]ns-hate-android-and-love-apple

Its considered ghetto because the conversion rates are awful compared to ios... as blunt as it sounds, rich people don't buy android in the US, and unfortunately for the OEMs, that's where the money is.. just look at apple's last quarter earnings report.

I know quite a few people that got tired of android and switched to apple in the past few years.. its just a better product overall.

For me personally android feels like a huge mess and I don't think I would ever bother with it.
--
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:08:24

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

As a user of both iOS and android I fail too see how iOS is a superior product. I use them both daily and both have advantages over the over - but ios most certainly doesn't feel superior.

Apple sells so much because people still perceive the brand as as being superior - if another manufacturer would sell iOS phones I doubt that they would sell any close to these numbers
--
Posted: 2015-02-03 17:25:46

McKinley Posts: > 500

So where is the superiority of iOS iFans are talking about?
All you do are promoting things iOS can do as Jailbroken and those things are elementary things in Android *lol*

I definitely Think the iPhone 6 is one of the most beautiful phone you can get but it's in my opinion too limited for my taste.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2015-02-03 18:31 ]

--
Posted: 2015-02-03 19:05:38

On 2015-02-03 19:05:38, McKinley wrote:
So where is the superiority of iOS iFans are talking about?
All you do are promoting things iOS can do as Jailbroken and those things are elementary things in Android *lol*

I definitely Think the iPhone 6 is one of the most beautiful phone you can get but it's in my opinion too limited for my taste.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2015-02-03 18:31 ]

Hmm,

Ability to get things done right the first time:
Do Not Disturb (got it right)
Move Emails from one account into another (just my type)
Fitness ... sorry but 1 app created pretty must works on ALL iPhone except the very first 1.
^ no other mobile OS can even blow a fart to a candle on that.
Compatibility - I can play and record from my electric Guitar on my iPhone 5S, my iPad Air or my son's, and he can to on his iPhone 5S - with 1 cable & 1 adapter. And I can do this reliably day after day hours after hours! Yes this is available by the same creators on Android but not even close to reliable.
Health specific apps and accessories ... android failed here regardless of the device sales numbers; accessories for the larger things other than microphones, headphones, cases yeah wateva.

Now .... there is a huge field growing in prosthetics control and now banking wireless and secure that is ACTUALLY DELIVERED (ahem, BlackBerry; pay attention here).
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 03:15:28

On 2015-02-03 17:25:46, aussieland1 wrote:
As a user of both iOS and android I fail too see how iOS is a superior product. I use them both daily and both have advantages over the over - but ios most certainly doesn't feel superior.

Apple sells so much because people still perceive the brand as as being superior - if another manufacturer would sell iOS phones I doubt that they would sell any close to these numbers

That's funny because the very SAME thought was done with Mac OS after Steve Jobs was kicked from Apple. Contracts and licensing lasted some 5yrs and Apple did NOT make ANYTHING!

Motorola
eMacs (yes a company not the iMac for education back in 2003)
uMax

^ they're all bankrupt as computing companys for PC's. This was in an era when PC's where as much personal as our cellphones are now to everyone.

The issue with your presumed line of thinking is:
Apple as a company works not just like an ecosystem which MANY fans an repeated sales are attached to ... it's the hype ... it's the status quo.

Status Quo ... you know ... if you're old enough to be an early tween like me to SEE the BRICK Motorola cellphone used for the first time in public TV (Miami Vice) and then SEE it personally used in your hood shown off by an aspiring drug dealer on the downlow ... (I say aspiring because just 13mins of calls back in 1994? costed over $1000 when the economy was hurting, and well no credit/doh and his business was done; happens when you show off and let tweens play with your phone). LMAO! Also you'll recall the early Macbook (non-unibody) commercials featuring coffee/latte cups in white with brown cardboard heat dispensors around it pretending yet never showing that famous USA brand for Coffee ... what was that name again? (rhetorical here of course you know the brand as well as I do). Partnership with said company just mentioned that played iTunes playlists and had a iTunes card allowing you a free track download per week.

To understand the Apple sales and success since 2001 you NEED to really pay attention to ALL their commercials ...
First start with the Marketing of "Think Different"
Charles Barkley
Bruce Lee
(First Female to cross the atlantic; apologies I forget her name)
(Female who began womans rights in america)
Dr Martin Luther King
Malcom X
Spike Lee
Goldblum (The Fly)
etc etc.

Then consider the marketing of Big and Small with Mini-Me and that Chinese NBA Player first to cross over with a HUGE contract to match!

The marketing goes on and on.

Apple does NOT market products themselves. They market YOU ... the person, the ideals, passion to broaden US as people in society, change society, change commonplace old views that limit growth ... etc.

Say what you will about Apple as a business past present etc. but you MUST admit after watching ALL their ads since 2001 (I'm serious make it a research project) ... that they understand one thing.

Those that believe they can change the world, actually Do!

they've done this every 10 years regardless if invented or marketed innovations that's an another arguement and not my point ... it's Marketing and with 34'000 iPhones sold every minute every day for 90 days last quarter and profits that can pay the entire USA Food and Drug Administration 4x over with $$ to spare ... YUP they are THE BEST at marketing.
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 03:29:06

McKinley Posts: > 500

Supa_fly, I can't really argue with you on those things. I have never thought of those either to be honest.
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 06:31:00

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Supa_Fly

Android can do the "do not disturb" and moving from one email account to another just fine. Health apps apple is in front because they started earlier however Samsung already has its own app plus there is another ton of 3rd party apps

That really only leaves accessories and compatibility between iPad and iPhone. As there are things where Android is superior to iOS as well this hardly makes iOS a superior system (accessories has nothing to do with iOS anyway )

And in regards to your second post even though you refer to my post as "issue with my presumed thinking " whatever that means you seem to validate my point that Apple sells through their name not because of how "superior" iOS is. Yes I remember Miami Vice - I am that old - and that is what I meant too - through marketing Apple built this image that their products are superior to everything regardless of price
--
Posted: 2015-02-04 07:36:44
Page <  123 ... 252627, 282930>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home